View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Ho, oh no... yet another customer we loose to the price issue
    Whoa, are you mocking a potential customer now? I was trying to give honest feedback about a concern I have, and you respond with sarcasm? Seriously?

But seriously, what are you afraid of? Do you really think with - by your estimation - 3-4 other apps similar to SecuStore we will settle on a horrendous price that no one is willing to pay? Even if we would charge a couple more bugs than the most expensive app out there (which i can tell you right now wont happen) you should be willing to pay the upcharge any time as long as you are convinced you have a quality app there.
    I guess my response to that is the inverse of what you're saying... if you're so sure you won't charge more than the most expensive apps, why is it so hard to just say, "we expect the price will be under 7.99" or something?

I don't know about you, but when it comes to security I usually don't bargain.
    I'm unconvinced that any of the other major password storage apps out there are any less secure, at least to the point that I can't remotely wipe my phone before any hypothetical thief would break into them.

While my post was intended to give you honest feedback and hopefully solicit some info from you, the flippant response has turned me further away from this app. Maybe you won't cry over the loss of one customer, but if you keep talking to your customers that way, I can't imagine I'll be the only one to pass.
  2.    #142  
    Well, if you feel mocked then I am afraid you have missread me.
    The truth is, we have not yet decided which price SecuStore will be charged with eventually. That is because it is still unclear whether or not desktop sinc will be ready at the time SecuStore hits the app catalog. All we can tell you now is that the price will be fair by anyones measure. Please settle for that for now.

I'm unconvinced that any of the other major password storage apps out there are any less secure, at least to the point that I can't remotely wipe my phone before any hypothetical thief would break into them.
    Remote wipe is something that we believe is absolutely unnecessary as the encryption used is supposed to be strong enough to withstand any attempt to break it. We have discussed correct implementation of encryption in this thread before and we are working on a solution for people to check themselfes that their data is indeed stored in a secure fashion so that the ONLY way to access their data is providing the correct password.

While my post was intended to give you honest feedback and hopefully solicit some info from you, the flippant response has turned me further away from this app. Maybe you won't cry over the loss of one customer, but if you keep talking to your customers that way, I can't imagine I'll be the only one to pass.
    My answer was supposed to be neither sarcastic nor flippant. If it got across that way then i have to apologize. Any feedback is welcome and so is criticism.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Are you kidding me? You might be releasing a desktop sync solution simultaneously with the release of this app? Amazing! We've been waiting for SplahID to release a desktop solution for months. It's developers like you that make the Pre so useful on a day-to-day basis.

I don't think a day has gone by since I installed this app that I did not use it.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Great! I am so impressed by this app that I did a short write up for the next Precentral podcast. The guys are usually good about reading my emails into the podcast so hopefully you'll get even more traffic here as everyone should be aware of this app. It is simply AWESOME.
    So they did actually read your mail in the PalmCast. Thanks for sending that e-mail, we appreciate your enthusiasm!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    So they did actually read your mail in the PalmCast. Thanks for sending that e-mail, we appreciate your enthusiasm!
    No problem! You guys did all the work...I'm just helping to spread the news!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Maggun,

I've been using this app for some time now and have the following suggestions or recommendations:

1. Can you add an option to auto-fill both the username and password?

2. Can you add an option to auto-fill both username and password AND auto-sign in?

3. When you hit the X button to clear the overlay on web pages the direction arrows at the top of the web page remain. Can these be set to disappear when you hit the X?
  7.    #147  
    Hi Quintus.

About your suggestions:

1. & 2.:
    Unfortunately, webOS lacks the tools for that.

3.:
    Hiding the arrows would make navigation quite complicated. On the other hand back and forward gesture could easily replace the arrows. We'll think about it.
    In any case we would recommend using the "open in browser" option in the application menu once you're logged in. That way you can use all the browser features instead of the limited ones provided by the auto insert dialog. Also the auto insert card is closed when SecuStore is.
  8.    #148  
    With SecuStore for webOS hitting the app catalog soon and SecuStore Desktop coming up we've decided that its time for putting more effort into spreading the news. Visit SecuStore on facebook for the latest news, comments and feedback! Stay tuned for release dates, prices and first screenshots of SecuStores sync solution in the works!
    How compatible is this with e-wallet files? I had been using e-wallet on my previous wm6.5 phone because e-wallet had both mobile and desktop versions that sync'd easily with each other. Will this product be able to read an e-wallet file?
    Thanks!
    --Arniep
  10.    #150  
    SecuStore can easily import any kind of csv formated data.
    So if you can export your data form e-wallet to a csv file you will be able to import it into SecuStore.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    securstore on my pre will expire in 5 days.
    where's the app to pay?
    or - give me tips which other app to use!?
  12.    #152  
    Don't worry, there will be an update in time delaying the expiration date.
  13.    #153  
    SecuStore 0.9.12 is now available.

Due to changes in encryption implementation all of the data has to be reencrypted when updating from an older Version to 0.9.12. This may cause data loss for some people so it is strongly recommended to backup your data before updating!

For more information see the changelog in the first post.

And don't forget to visit us on facebook!
    Hi,

I got a problem with the backup of one of my sets (I have 4). The only thing that appears in the email created by SecuStore is this :

----- backup for set "company" on Wed Apr 28 2010 (SecuStore; Version: 0.9.12; Salt:

This is a small set with only about 10 items in it and everything's normal when looking at it in SecuStore. My 3 other sets appear to be okay (I can see the #end flag at the end of the email).

My last backup was made with 0.9.11 and everything was there.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
  15.    #155  
    Hm, there seems to be a problem with the salt (A randomly created series of characters used together with the master password to create the key for the encryption). This problem has occurred before but we thought it had been fixed.
    We'll look into this. For now there is a pretty simple workaround:
    Try changing the password of your set before creating the backup. You can even change it back to the original password. Changing the password will cause the application to recreate the salt hopefully leaving out the characters that are causing your problem.
    Your workaround worked perfectly... thanks !
    I converted from Palm OS to my Pre a few months ago and starting using this App. Very good job so far. I was using e-wallet on my Palm before. Some suggestions:

1. Having folders to organize my cards into. I have a few sets such as Work and Personal. But in Personal, I have Bank, Travel, Software Keys, etc. It just helps to organize things better. Having folders just adds an organization feature use it as is now or have folders. The other way to do this would be to have categories.
    2. On the Credit Card template add a Pin data line. I had to put this in the notes.
    3. Possibly add for existing templates (and customs) the ability to have a data line hidden or shown on the main screen. "Show all data" displays all (adds hidden). Right now it's just the title and notes. Being able to customize it would be great.

Thanks for you great work so far. Looking forward to being a paying customer.

Pat
  18.    #158  
    As promised we have published first screenshots of what will be the dektop sync solution for SecuStore for webOS. You can see them by visiting us on facebook!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    As promised we have published first screenshots of what will be the dektop sync solution for SecuStore for webOS. You can see them by visiting us on facebook!
    Awesome! Will the desktop version have the ability to auto-fill fields and auto-sign-in?

I still use a desktop program called MobiPassword. You could launch the webpage from within the program and it auto-inserts the login name, password and then hits the sign-in button all automatically. Will you be implementing all these auto features into the desktop version?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Would be great to have a 'sample' CSV file with different examples and column headers. IN a way that becomes a poor man's PC file.

What is the TrueCrypt feature? I use TrueCrypt on my PC - how does it work in SecuStore? Can I import truecrypt files?
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast