View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hi Maggun,

I just updated SecuStore to 0.9.10, and seem to have lost the ability to copy anything to the clipboard. Did this functionality change? Can't wait for this app to hit the catalog so I can pay you!
  2.    #122  
    No, thats a bug (:
    I'll fix it...
  3.    #123  
    Hi Guys!

SecuStore 0.9.11 has just been released to the repository.

SecuStore know recognizes dates, e-mail, phone numbers and URLs in item view and allows you perform actions depending on the kind of data. For example if you have entered a valid date (such as 2004/5/23 or 23.05.2005 23:55) you can open the calendar app at this date simply by tapping the row and selecting "open calendar". You can still copy data to the clipboard by tapping on the row and selecting "copy to clipboard".
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    This app just keeps getting better and better. I've now migrated my web logins from SplashID to be able to use the auto-fill features. Can't wait to see the desktop application w/ sync!!!
    auto fill feature? been waiting for something like this...will give this app a try
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    auto fill feature? been waiting for something like this...will give this app a try
    Yes, and amazing implementation. Simply flawless!

BTW, please don't take away the "auto" function in future updates as someone here suggested. The auto-fill is one of the best features of this app!!!
  7.    #127  
    BTW, please don't take away the "auto" function in future updates as someone here suggested. The auto-fill is one of the best features of this app!!!
    Don't worry. We're far away from even considering that.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Don't worry. We're far away from even considering that.
    Great! I am so impressed by this app that I did a short write up for the next Precentral podcast. The guys are usually good about reading my emails into the podcast so hopefully you'll get even more traffic here as everyone should be aware of this app. It is simply AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Yes, and amazing implementation. Simply flawless!

+1

also any plans to add this app to the save/restore app list for easy back up and restore of data?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    also any plans to add this app to the save/restore app list for easy back up and restore of data?
    Seconded. This would make me very happy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Seconded. This would make me very happy as well.
    Done. Save/Restore 0.6.5 supports SecuStore.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #132  
    Well, there you have it.
    Thanks to Rod for doing this quickly and fuss-free!
    sweet thanks
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Hi Maggun,

this is a very nice app you made. I have a few questions and suggestions:

- What about encrypting the database with GPG? It would be nice for users who already use GPG on a regular basis to use a monolithic concept of encryption.

- It would be great to be able to choose from methods of encryption other than blowfish. Nothing against blowfish, but variety is always a good thing.

- What is your intention for not choosing open source? Is it in conflict with the plan to make it a paid app?

- Since the app is closed source, is there any way for the user to check whether the encryption is implemented correctly?

- Is there any way to make sure the app "does no harm"? The combination of closed source software and sensitive data like a pile of usernames and passwords always makes me feel uneasy.

The last questions may seem paranoid or rude. This is nothing personal, but rather a matter of principle.

Keep up the great work!

OleM
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Done. Save/Restore 0.6.5 supports SecuStore.

-- Rod
    I would have your man-babies. Seriously.

Well, there you have it.
    Thanks to Rod for doing this quickly and fuss-free!
    And a huge thank you for being on-board with this idea!
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by OleM View Post
    - What about encrypting the database with GPG? It would be nice for users who already use GPG on a regular basis to use a monolithic concept of encryption.
    I am not too familiar with GPG so i can't decide whether it would be an option. The fact that it is under GPL however is in conflict with our intention of making SecuStore a paid app.

- It would be great to be able to choose from methods of encryption other than blowfish. Nothing against blowfish, but variety is always a good thing.
    Might be a possibiltiy for the future. Right now blowfish simply is the most convenient solution.

- What is your intention for not choosing open source? Is it in conflict with the plan to make it a paid app?

- Since the app is closed source, is there any way for the user to check whether the encryption is implemented correctly?

- Is there any way to make sure the app "does no harm"? The combination of closed source software and sensitive data like a pile of usernames and passwords always makes me feel uneasy.
    Those are difficult questions and we've been thinking alot about how these problems could be solved (or circumvented) . Of course we have chosen for this application to be closed source due to our intention to make this a paid app eventually. We do understand however the concerns of users who worry about security and privacy and who would be more happy with an open source implementation that allows direct examination of whats happening with their data.
    We have been thinking about a compromise in which we would encapsule the encryption implementation into a seperated project and make that one open source. However this would require quite a bit of work and will not happen in the near future.
    Other suggestions on how this issue could be addressed differently are always welcome.
    Just a heads up to the developers that by giving no indication on the price (at least none that I can find in searching the thread), I can't invest any time checking out this app.

I need to stop playing around with these password apps and commit to one, and when there are already 3-4 other programs in the app catalog which are fully released and have published prices, I just can't justify spending the time to start using this program only to discover a month or two after I get it all populated that you're going to start charging a price I'm unwilling to pay.

There seem to be very supportive comments on here about the program, so I hate to pass it up completely, but if you can't even be bothered to commit to a price after all these months, it really makes me wonder.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but I'm a firm believer in letting companies know why I'm not choosing their product whenever possible.
  18.    #138  
    Just a heads up to the developers that by giving no indication on the price (at least none that I can find in searching the thread), I can't invest any time checking out this app.
    Ho, oh no... yet another customer we loose to the price issue
    But seriously, what are you afraid of? Do you really think with - by your estimation - 3-4 other apps similar to SecuStore we will settle on a horrendous price that no one is willing to pay? Even if we would charge a couple more bugs than the most expensive app out there (which i can tell you right now wont happen) you should be willing to pay the upcharge any time as long as you are convinced you have a quality app there. I don't know about you, but when it comes to security I usually don't bargain.
    i love this app, im definitely willing to pay
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Even if we would charge a couple more bugs than the most expensive app out there (which i can tell you right now wont happen) you should be willing to pay the upcharge any time as long as you are convinced you have a quality app there.
    You point out the very problem. While SecuStore definitely looks good so far, customers have difficulties to compare the actual quality of the apps. The fewest apps are "try before you buy", so they buy the product based on the list of features. Being able to test SecuStore now is a good thing! But a price tag may help to evaluate your software (LengthOfFeatureList/Buck)-wise.

Regarding the licensing:

I am not too familiar with licensing myself, but there is the possibility to "sell" the binaries in the app store, while keeping the source code open. The customer pays for the "service" of compiling and being able to conveniently downloading it via the store.

Here are two risks involved.

1) Someone can download the code and compile it him/herself.
    This is no biggie. Some people will do this, but the majority is not able to or to lazy. And even these people may buy the software from the store or donate to you, just to give you credit (no pun intended).

2) Someone can download the code and can publish the binaries for a lower amount or for free.
    In the app store, the copied software can not have the same name as yours. So your version will always be distinguishable from the copy. A lot of people will still give their money to the original inventor, plus it requires an extraordinary ******* to copy and re-distribute. Nevertheless this risk is difficult to estimate.

On the other hand, with the source code being open, more people will want and maybe buy your app. Additionally, skilled users can contribute better hints for bugfixes or suggest the implementation of new features.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to security I usually don't bargain.
    Being open source may be a plus in security that the other apps lack. Oh, that was mean!

I hope, I did not tell anything wrong so far. Maybe other people with more insight in licensing have other ideas.

i love this app, im definitely willing to pay
    So far I am very pleased with this app, I would pay/donate too.

OleM
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast