View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #101  
    Hi guys!

Version 0.9.8 has just been released.

The update includes an improved encryption implementation, a full manual (finally) a proper password strength indicator and some other minor changes.

Unfortunately the new encryption implementation requires the whole data to be reencrypted. So backup your data before updating!

You can also find the manual at the official website www.secustore.info.

One more thing:
    You might notice that confirming your passwords takes a little longer since 0.9.8. This is a feature not a bug! The delay is caused by the newly implemented key strengthening and offers additional protection against brute force attacks.
    Last edited by Maggun; 01/31/2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: one more thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Hi guys!

Version 0.9.8 has just been released.

The update includes an improved encryption implementation, a full manual (finally) a proper password strength indicator and some other minor changes.

Unfortunately the new encryption implementation requires the whole data to be reencrypted. So backup your data before updating!

You can also find the manual at the official website www.secustore.info.
    Excellent work! My compliments on your revision of the password strength analysis portion of your software. The manual available through Help is also a valuable addition to your application.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Migrated all of my data to the app. Liking it so far. Love the UI.

The developer has been mum as to how much the app would cost once it hits the store. I understand they might want to keep quiet about it, but I'm asking the question again to ensure it's noticed.

Bug: The Credit Card template is listed as 'Creditcard' Is it not supposed to be 'Credit Card' (two words)?

Another Bug: The format of text entered into the 'Note' field is not kept when the item is saved. This creates a large wall of text out of a normally organized list that makes the information difficult to understand. I can post a screenshot to further explain this if necessary.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Another Bug: The format of text entered into the 'Note' field is not kept when the item is saved. This creates a large wall of text out of a normally organized list that makes the information difficult to understand. I can post a screenshot to further explain this if necessary.
    Not necessary. I understand what you mean. This is due to ascii line breaks not beeing interpreted by the html interpreter. We will see into this. Thanks for the bug reports!
    Just got my Pre replaced and I can no longer use SplashID since it's now a paid app and paid apps are not available for us poor canadian users. So I decided to give SecuStore a try.... very nice app by the way.

2 things :

You probably noticed it already, but when you sort items, capitalized letters will always appear first... ex.: "NML" will appear before "Network" which isn't normal.

The second thing is a little request. Can you do a small and very basic SecuScore reader for the PC ? Just a simple app where you can paste the encrypted data received from the email and then access it in read-only mode ? (assuming you're using the same password as on the Pre so the hashing will work). I don't know if you know the YAPS software for the Palm OS (Yet Another Password Safe) but that's the way it worked... you can only modify the password database on the Palm itself, but you were able to at least read the database using the YAPS reader from your PC... no sync, no export, etc... just a read-only app.

Thanks !
  6.    #106  
    The second thing is a little request. Can you do a small and very basic SecuScore reader for the PC ? Just a simple app where you can paste the encrypted data received from the email and then access it in read-only mode ? (assuming you're using the same password as on the Pre so the hashing will work). I don't know if you know the YAPS software for the Palm OS (Yet Another Password Safe) but that's the way it worked... you can only modify the password database on the Palm itself, but you were able to at least read the database using the YAPS reader from your PC... no sync, no export, etc... just a read-only app.
    A dektop app is in the works. It'll do more than reading though.
    So I launched the app. and it told me my version has expired and I need to upgrade, and it won't let me even get access to my data. So, I upgraded and now, i've lost everything.
  8.    #108  
    I take it you didn't make a backup?
    Which version did you update from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    I take it you didn't make a backup?
    Which version did you update from?
    I believe it was 9.7

Why did it 'lock me out' to upgrade and then kill me.

I am at home snowed in and planned to do my 'maintenance' of backing-up etc. now I'm dead in the water. <can't remote into the office as those credentials are gone also, I'm kinda bummed now>

This new version: 9.8 tell me 18days left.

What do you think happened here?

I had Splash ID prior and with no back-ups, my Pre died, there it went. Then I jumped on SecuStore and now.... Sigh.
  10.    #110  
    There were some changes in the enryption implementation which made it neccessary to reencrypt all data in the database.
    We suspected that this could in rare cases lead to data loss which is why we posted this note on the top of the homebrew app description page (this note is also shown when viewing the application in preware or similar apps):

Important note: Since the new encryption implementation in version 0.9.8 requires a complete reencryption of the stored data it is highly recommended to backup your data before updating! Also note that backups from versions 0.9.8 or higher will not be downward compatible to versions 0.9.7 or lower.
    I understand that you could not create a backup prior to updating since you couldn't access your data with the expired version.

However as with all important data it is critical to create backups on a regular basis (like once a week) and store these backups on at least two different locations.

As for your case if you don't have a backup of your data then I'm afraid there is nothing you can do to restore it.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i have 6 sets and now wanted to backup them. 5 of them brought a long text to my email account and i sent them
    the sixth backup-set included only about 40 chars
    i edited some records, edited the title of the set, but no go.
    it's sad, because this set is the biggest one with the most entries of my 6 sets
    :-(
    ps: and yes, i'm on 0.9.8 and it will expire in 14 days, so if there's not another update, i can't use it anymore, because paid-apps-catalog comes to german pres not before 1. of march
  12.    #112  
    Try splitting up the set into several smaller sets. You can do that by creating new sets and moving items to them. See the manual for more detailed instructions.

From here it's hard to tell what this is caused by. It might help if you send us the broken backup file (support@secustore.info). Don't worry, all of your data is encrypted and can only be decrypted with your password.

And don't worry about the expiration date. SecuStore will be kept available for free until its hits the app catalog. After that there will be a light version which will contain all the basic features. You certainly will not be stuck with all your data locked away in an expired beta version.

Update:

The Problem was found an resolved. For anyone else having experiencing the same glitch: Simply change the password for the set and try backing up again. You can even change the password back to the original password before backing up since the problem is caused by randomly created salt.
    Last edited by Maggun; 02/12/2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: update
    I think I know the answer to this, but is there a way to export the SplashID database (.db file) on WebOS, convert to CSV file, and import into SecuStore? I would really like to avoid the need to rekey all my information.
  14.    #114  
    Well, importing a csv file to SecuStore is easy. Converting the .db file to csv however... Unless you get the developers of splashid to create a tool for that i think there is little hope. I assume you can't export your data directly to csv?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    How do you find the File path of items used under the "File Template"? Also could SecuStore be used to secure pictures and etc.???
  16.    #116  
    How do you find the File path of items used under the "File Template"?
    What do you mean by "find the File path"? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Also could SecuStore be used to secure pictures and etc.???
    No, at this point it is not possible to directly encrypt or store files in SecuStore.
  17.    #117  
    SecuStore 0.9.9 has just been uploaded to the repository.

The expiry date is now april 1st. Also now when a version expires the application will deactivate functions like adding sets and items rather than shutting down the whole app. This means that even with an expired version you will still be able to view your data and create backups.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have attempted several times to update from 0.9.8 to 0.9.9, both by overwriting and by removing 0.9.8 and attempting to clean install. It seems that no matter how many times I try to install 0.9.9 through WebosQuickInstall, when I launch SecuStore it always says it's 0.9.8 and is valid until 2010/03/01. What else should I be trying? Can you post an md5sum of the ipk for 0.9.9?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfarkas View Post
    Hi,
    I have attempted several times to update from 0.9.8 to 0.9.9, both by overwriting and by removing 0.9.8 and attempting to clean install. It seems that no matter how many times I try to install 0.9.9 through WebosQuickInstall, when I launch SecuStore it always says it's 0.9.8 and is valid until 2010/03/01. What else should I be trying? Can you post an md5sum of the ipk for 0.9.9?
    Agree. Even though the downloaded .ipk file identifies itself as com.makleso.secustore_0.9.9_all.ipk, after the installation, an inspection of the "Help About" screen still indicates it is 0.9.8 with an expiration date of 2010/03/01. It appears that the "Help About" screen was not updated along with the other code changes.
  20.    #120  
    You are absolutely correct, MortiseMaker.
    You can check the true version in the application starter by holding the red button and tapping on the SecuStore icon or by looking for SecuStore in the application list.