View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #81  
    As it was reported to us by a helpful user, there is a minor glitch regarding the display of trailing ampersands in the view item scene. This does not effect the actual data as you can see by switching to the edit item scene. As always we will try to get rid of this bug as soon as possible.
    Yesterday I had to WebOS Doctor my phone. Before doing so, I created a backup of my set from SecuStore. I have not had sucess restoring it, however. Here are my steps:

1. go to the menu, tap restore
    2. browse for the .txt file and select it
    3. type the password
    4. the list populates with all my data entries
    5. scroll to the bottom and tap import set
    6. now when I go into the imported set, it is empty.

Am I doing this correctly?
  3.    #83  
    Hello acc3d,

which version did you use when you made the backup? There are some problems with restoring backups from older versions so what you might want to try is uninstalling SecuStore, install Version 0.9.3 and then try to restore.

Are you sure that the list was populated when you tapped import?
    Looks like I made the backup with 0.9.5 and tried to restore in 0.9.6. The list was definitely poplulated when I tapped import. The only strange thing is that I don't remember installing 0.9.6.
    I just noticed what appears to be another bug. After chnaging a password on a set, all the data for each entry is blank. Time to re-import all my data again...
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    Looks like I made the backup with 0.9.5 and tried to restore in 0.9.6. The list was definitely poplulated when I tapped import. The only strange thing is that I don't remember installing 0.9.6.
    The restore function is supposed to be downward compatible with all previous SecuStore versions. We'll fix this in the next version.

I just noticed what appears to be another bug. After chnaging a password on a set, all the data for each entry is blank. Time to re-import all my data again...
    That one is known. The next version will fixt this, too.

Thanks for the reports and apologies for the inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i'd like to import from splash-id, exported to a csv-file, which works in general as i tested.
    now i want to import six or ten records to the template "internet" in a newly created set.
    howto?
    which field names are aquired in which sequence to match this?
  8.    #88  
    You can see the makeup of the default sets by creating a new item of that template or editing an existing item.

For the internet template the fields additional to the title, password and notes are "url" and "login name" in that order.

So your csv file should look like this:

title, url, login name, password, notes

or

url, login name, notes, title, password

the position of title, notes and password are not relevant since you can tell SecuStore in which column they are.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i tried to import a csv-file "credit.csv" with the columns title, creditcard #, valid thru, controll number, notes (yes controll with double-l, as your template "creditcard" names this field so)
    it works great, but if i sort my records by template they are shown as "imported (credit.csv)" and the template "creditcard" shows an empty record.
    Once again: is it possible to import these /such data into your app, so the records are shown within the template "creditcard" with the "creditcard"-icon (same for other predefined templates)?

ps: now i got it, had to check-off auto-template and choose one ...
    ok so far, will try more imports ...
    :-)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i need more templates for email, serials for progs and more and would like to have individual icons for this templates.
    Howto?
  11.    #91  
    In scene where you choose a template you can also create a new one by tapping "new template..." on the end of the list.
    You can also view, edit and add custom templates by selecting "templates..." from the application menu of the start scene.
  12.    #92  
    Hi everyone,

SecuStore 0.9.7 is up and ready for download. Besides some bugfixes and other minor changes there is now the possibility to restore a set by pasting the backup text from the clipboard which should make the restoring procedure a lot easier. Also there have been some improvements to the csv import. View the full changelog in the initial post or at the homebrew app page!

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hi,
    I love your app, I just have a small wish:
    Could you add the possibility to change the background?

I know this is stupid and there are many things more important, but the only thing about your app I don't like is the background
    how very girlie of me
    best wishes,
    Melanie
  14.    #94  

We'll think about it.
    What exactly do you not like about the background?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    hey, and if you think to change something, than you could make it a preference to unhide the entries in the single records when opened. i don't like to tap twice to see my entries.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hi again,
    the colour (yellow) is just not my taste. It would be great, if I could maybe choose own pictures for a background. But some different backgrounds (grey, white, black, green, blue) would be ok, too.

best wishes, Melanie
    Love your app, any update on the status of it showing up in the app catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Happy new year, guys!
    To answer mf10990's question:
    SecuStore is almost ready for submission to the app catalog. Unfortunately due to the use of encryption it is required to apply for a CCAT number which can be a quite slow and painful process. We hope that SecuStore will hit the app catalog within two months or so. Until then it will be kept available via the repository on precentral.net and remain free of charge.
  18.    #98  
    As i mentioned in an earlier post SecuStore is almost ready for submission. Unfortunately for non-us devolopers submitting a paid application is everything but easy especially in the case of an app that uses encryption. So we will have to wait until the administrative entitys have done their part (which i am afraid may take some time).

So be patient. SecuStore will definitely hit the app catalog sooner or later. And we will use the delay to continue developing a desktop sync app.

Needless to say we will continue to delay the expiration date of the beta version until SecuStore is available via the official app catalog.
    I discovered that the password strength analysis as currently offered in your application leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Password strength DOES depend to a small degree on the number of characters in the password. Frankly, I believe that is a very poor indicator of strength. That process currently in your application indicates the following:

8 consecutive instances of the same character = FAIR
    15 consecutive instances of the same character = STRONG
    20 consecutive instances of the same character = VERY STRONG

If you are going to analyze the user's password, particularly for NEW users, I believe you are doing them a significant injustice.

Please modify your password analysis code to be more representative of current practice. There are many good public domain examples of suitable code.
  20.    #100  
    You are right. This issue should have been addresed a while ago. Thanks for the hint.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast