View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Downloaded and tested. Seems ok.
    How much it costs and how to pay??

On Palm OS I was using SplashID, and now I cannot transfer all data without knowing when and how I will get the final version.

Note that in Europe it seems that for now we cannot access full App Catalog, and for sure today is better than $ !!!
  2.    #62  
    Happy new year, guys!

Version 0.9.6 has just been released. Beside some bugfixes and other minor changes the most notable thing is the new ability to import any kind of csv file.
    This makes it possible to import your data from other applications such as keepass or password depot. There are still some glitches when it comes to auto generating templates but besides from that it works fine.

To answer mf10990's question:
    SecuStore is almost ready for submission to the app catalog. Unfortunately due to the use of encryption it is required to apply for a CCAT number which can be a quite slow and painful process. We hope that SecuStore will hit the app catalog within two months or so. Until then it will be kept available via the repository on precentral.net and remain free of charge.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    When ordering a set by template, would it be possible to add the capability to expand/collapse individual templates?

As an example, if I have many entries under many templates within a set, I would like to collapse all templates except the one I'm currently interested in.
  4.    #64  
    I've thought about that before. But in my opinion the expense of implenting this is not outweighed by the advantage it would bring. If you have trouble finding certain items try searching them using the instant search feature.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I saw a similar implementation of it under the "Choose a Template" page, and it looked like a great technique for having multiple templates/entries under one set (I'm not a fan of each set having its own password, but I understand the reason.)

I've use eWallet on the PocketPC platform (or did until I switched to the Pre), and they use an expanding/collapsing hierarchical list for organizing the entries. I was just hoping for a similar interface. Maybe a future enhancement?
    Is there anyway to delete the containers after you've put a password on them? say you forget the password, how would you get rid of the profile?
  7.    #67  
    I'm afraid there is no way to do anything to a set that you don't have the right password to. This is to ensure that if someone got hold of your device there would be no way for this person to do any damage like deleting all of your data.
    On the other hand if someone wanted to delete your data he'd just have to uninstall SecuStore...
    Well i'll have think this over.
    newbies are always the best testers

my actions:
    new set defined
    forgot to assign password
    import csv file
    password assigned to set

consequence:
    all items names were garbled
  9.    #69  
    Thanks for pointing this out. There seem to be a problem with the display of the items after changing a sets password. The effect should disappear after leaving and reentering the set. Can you confirm this?

Update: Bug has been fixed. Fix will be included in the next version.
    Last edited by Maggun; 01/03/2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: update
    Sorry,
    I cannot confirm. I just erased and tried again from scratch.

Just a question: where can I read about cut/paste in order to rearrange fileds??
    thanks
  11.    #71  
    What do you mean exactly by "rearrange fileds"? You can copy a piece of data to the clipboard by tapping on it. When you are in a textfield you can copy/paste with gesture area + c/v. If you are using custom templates you can view them by selecting "templates..." from the app menu in the main scene and then select your template. There you can rearrange the fields by tapping, holding an dragging them. Note that by doing this you will only rearrange the name of the fields not the fields themselfs.
    This is the first password program that was easy to upload from my CSV file. It made the initial set-up very easy as I track over 200 passwords.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snanik View Post
    This is the first password program that was easy to upload from my CSV file. It made the initial set-up very easy as I track over 200 passwords.
    There must be an obvious answer to this, but I can't seem to find it.

I just downloaded the latest version through Preware, but I cannot find how to import CSV files. Please help.
    You have to export your passwords from your other password manager to .csv and then take that .csv file and drag and drop it into your phone while in usb mode. Start up secustore and go to the menu and select import and it should show your .csv file.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psylen View Post
    You have to export your passwords from your other password manager to .csv and then take that .csv file and drag and drop it into your phone while in usb mode. Start up secustore and go to the menu and select import and it should show your .csv file.
    Thanks. Finally found the import option. I was signing into my account first and the import option is not available there. I had to look for it before opening a set.
    I attempted an import without first defining a set. The result was the import function continuing to run until the card (application) was killed. You may wish to check for the "empty" set on import and prompt for the creation of one or create a temp set to hold the data.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The customizable templates feature is great!

Will there be a way to specify the data type for a new field? For example, I'd like to be able to specify that a field be automatically numeric for easier data entry.

I could also envision formatting options for fields such as phone number, ss#, etc.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I attempted an import without first defining a set. The result was the import function continuing to run until the card (application) was killed. You may wish to check for the "empty" set on import and prompt for the creation of one or create a temp set to hold the data.
    Thank you for reporting this bug. The next version will fix this.
    Will there be a way to specify the data type for a new field? For example, I'd like to be able to specify that a field be automatically numeric for easier data entry.
    We've thought about that but specifying the data type for the individual fields would bring no real advantage expect the ability of presetting the modifier state of each input field. Also we'd like to keep the creation and maintenance of the templates as simple as possible so individual data types are no option in the near future.
    Last edited by Maggun; 01/04/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    I know that CSV is not a well defined standard, but if a string is eclosed between double quotes, it should be taken "as it is", included embedded special characters such a <comma> and <LF>. I mean:

london, paris, "rome<CR><LF>center" should result in

london <field1>

paris <field2>

rome <field3>
    center

instead, it seems that any <LF> generates a break to a new field.
    <VT> is ignored, as <CE> alone.
    My initial csv file, with many <LF> caused secustore to hang.
    Question: which character is used to force a carriage return within a field??

Another issue: the simbol € is not displayed (a square, instead). [.... and today € is much better tha $ !!!! )
  20.    #80  
    The csv import ist still in an early state. Double quotes are treated as normal characters which means that at this point its not possible to import fields that contain the ascii code for either the column or the line seperator. Also its not yet possible to choose tabulator as a row or line seperator. These things will be implemented in future versions.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast