View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Well, you dont HAVE to use multiple sets. You can put all your data into one set if you like. Or you can organize your data into multiple sets and simply use one password for all of them.
    You are right about the guide though. We will look after this as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can take a look at the faq section of our homepage.
    Last edited by Maggun; 12/03/2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added link to homepage
    OK I give up. without any instrunctions I can not use it. Sorry but I am shure others would feel the same.
    I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here...but how can you not figure this out? It's seriously 5 steps to create a "set", add a new item, chose a type, and save your information...then 3 more steps to preview your information, and get back to the main menu.

Image 1:
    Touch the icon in the lower left corner to "add a new set"

Image 2:
    Pick a password, confirm the password, and touch done.

Image 3:
    Touch add a new item in the lower left corner

Image 4:
    Select the type of entry you're trying to put into SecuStore

Image 5:
    Put in the information and touch done.

Image 6:
    The overview of the data you just put in. Touch "Show Data" to view the entry.

Image 7:
    Gesture swipe back to go the the "set" folder, which can have as many entries as you like

Image 8:
    Gesture swipe back again to go to the main menu

Image 9:
    Tap the set you want to go into, enter your password, and touch OK.

The little gear icon in the right corner is your options.
    The little icon with two dice on it tells SecuStore to generate a random password.

I was too lazy to [IMG] tag my pictures...if you'd rather I do this to help better explain the process, please let me know and I will.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (27.9 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (20.7 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (35.0 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (42.3 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (27.1 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 6.png (22.5 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: png 7.png (22.9 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: png 8.png (32.2 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: png 9.png (39.5 KB, 12 views)
    Yeah this is ridiculously simple to use... Instructions would be redundant... You just create 1 set if you don't want multiple sets and put your data in there...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so...

I didn't want to start a flamewar, but...good god man...how is SecuStore difficult to understand?
    So fine, I am having trouble and even though you think I am a dumb ****, thanks for your help anyway. As you mention in step 7 to swipe back to go to the set folders. It does nothing.

Possibly the program is corrupt. I will delete it and reload.
    I'm pretty sure the swipe gesture is handled by the OS, so if that's not working you got a much bigger problem...

Even if the app does nothing on a swipe back, any app has to at least minimize the card.
    very nice app
    When this goes to the app catalog will i be able to retain my old information? Will I have to back up and restore?
    Can I?
  9.    #49  
    You will definetely be able to retain your data using the backup and restore procedure. Whether your data will be carried over automatically depends on the version inside the app catalog having the same app id as the one on precentral which will probably not be the case.
    Will there be a way to buy the application without using the app catalog ?
    The question might look strange but here in Candada, we still don't have access to paid apps from the app catalog... only free apps are there.

Thanks,
    Any word on a desktop-sync?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    Will there be a way to buy the application without using the app catalog ?
    We expect that at the time SecuStore will hit the app catalog it will be possible to download paid apps in most countries.

A desktop-sync app is planned to be released simultaneously with or shortly after SecuStores release in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    Hi!
    Have you thought of turning SecuStore in to a webOS port of KeePass? It seems like you're halfway there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    There will be a SecuStore counterpart at some point that will enable SecuStore to sync with your pc. However, it is not clear yet whether this application will be designed individually or a third party application will be used.
    I don't know how I missed this the first time around...

Are you able to provide any updates on this question? I use KeePass, so syncing SecuStore to KeePass would be ideal for me also.

Has Palm provided you with any sort of timeframe on getting SecuStore released to the App Catalog...(or are they too busy releasing a BILLION "Hockey/Football/Baseball, etc Fans" apps to get to yours...hahaha).
  14.    #54  
    SecuStore will not be submitted for review until it has exceeded its beta status. Since there are still some changes in progress this will probably be early 2010.

Are you able to provide any updates on this question? I use KeePass, so syncing SecuStore to KeePass would be ideal for me also.
    Unfortunately, KeePass does not meet the requirements for working as a fully functional SecuStore sync app. With Version 0.9.5 SecuStore will become fully customizable meaning that you will be able to define your own templates that will be able to represent any kind of information. KeePass however works with predefined fields.

Another feature we are working on is full csv import and export which will enable you to transfer your data from or to any application that can export or import csv files.

Stay tuned! Version 0.9.5 will bring a lot of changes!
  15.    #55  
    Hallo everybody!

Just in time for Christmas we have a little treat in stock for you.
    SecuStore 0.9.5 has just been released.
    There have been a lot of changes the most notable of which is full customizability. It is now possible to create your own templates allowing you to store any kind of data!
    Other new features are the ability to order your items by title or template and the possibilty of copying data to the clipboard by tapping on it.

Note: Since there have been severe changes in the code and - more importantly - in the database structure it is highly recommended to back up your data before updating to 0.9.5! Also note that versions 0.9.4 and lower are not upward compatible to versions 0.9.5 or higher which means that if you create a backup in 0.9.5 you will not be able to restore it in 0.9.4!

Merry Cristmas to you all!
    Last edited by Maggun; 12/23/2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: added note
    A feature suggestion: for un-locking access to sets use gestures (drawing w finger on touchscreen) instead of entering something from keyboard - would speed up usage a lot and be kinda cool, more PrPrPr&#$275$;-$ish$... :-)
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    IBM WorkPad 20x-> IBM WorkPad 30x -> Palm V -> Trēo 180g -> Trēo 270 -> Trēo 600 -> Trēo 650 -> Palm Prē
    Sorry bothering, but neither PrPrPr&#$275$; $native$ $SW$ $updater$, $nor$ $Preware$ $do$ $not$ $notice$ $that$ $0$.$9$.$5$ $is$ $out$. $Am$ $I$ $supposed$ $to$ $do$ $upgrade$ $from$ $x$.$x$.$4$ $manually$, $or$ $is$ $it$ $a$ $bug$?

Merry 1 2 every1!
    E.
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    IBM WorkPad 20x-> IBM WorkPad 30x -> Palm V -> Trēo 180g -> Trēo 270 -> Trēo 600 -> Trēo 650 -> Palm Prē
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednexx View Post
    A feature suggestion: for un-locking access to sets use gestures (drawing w finger on touchscreen) instead of entering something from keyboard - would speed up usage a lot and be kinda cool, more PrPrPr&#$275$;-$ish$... :-)
    Check out preferences --> lock card when minimized

I don't know why the update is not available via the repository yet. Probably due to the holidays . Meanwhile you can update manually using Quick Install or the command line tools provided by the Mojo SDK.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude any idea when this is gonna hit the official app catalog. i basically blew up/erased my pre and can no longer get securestore thru unofficial means due to my laptop not being able to recognize my pre. and my life is stored on the back up copy in email that i created. so i NEEEEEEEEEEEEED this bad. help a brother, brother....
  20.    #60  
    Hallo le_seus,

unfortunately SecuStore probably won't hit the App Catalog before february.
    However, there is a way to access your data without a device.

Follow these steps in order to set up the emulator on your pc, then use the command line tools provided by the Mojo SDK for installing SecuStore on the emulator.

We understand that this is exactly the kind of reason why there needs to be a desktop sync app. We're working on it guys. Hang in there...
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast