webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > SecuStore
SecuStore
View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?
All the time 0 0%
Frequently 0 0%
Rarely 2 33.33%
Never 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Old 06/22/2012, 05:52 PM   #401 (permalink)

Both SecuStore 1 & 2 have an export function that emails an encrypted copy of one of your categories wherever you choose (because each category has its own password, you can only export them one at at time). This encrypted copy can be imported by either version.

If you've purchased SecuStore 2 for your touchpad, you can install AppTuckerbox from Preware on your Pre 2 or 3 and then install your copy of SecuStore 2 there too. It works wonderfully on my Pre 2 (webOS 2.2.4, it ran on 2.2.1 as well) thanks to the Bing Maps update installing Enyo.

If you want to import a category with the same name as one that's already on your device, SecuStore will rename the import. Then you move entries from the newly imported category to the other.

Save/Restore (also in Preware) will back up and restore the entire SecuStore database.

Don't forget to donate to the devs who make all this nifty utility software available for free
lagoldste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 06:30 PM   #402 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
Both SecuStore 1 & 2 have an export function that emails an encrypted copy of one of your categories wherever you choose (because each category has its own password, you can only export them one at at time). This encrypted copy can be imported by either version.

If you've purchased SecuStore 2 for your touchpad, you can install AppTuckerbox from Preware on your Pre 2 or 3 and then install your copy of SecuStore 2 there too. It works wonderfully on my Pre 2 (webOS 2.2.4, it ran on 2.2.1 as well) thanks to the Bing Maps update installing Enyo.

If you want to import a category with the same name as one that's already on your device, SecuStore will rename the import. Then you move entries from the newly imported category to the other.

Save/Restore (also in Preware) will back up and restore the entire SecuStore database.

Don't forget to donate to the devs who make all this nifty utility software available for free
Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, the sync ability doesn't exist - you have to back up manually every time?
At one point, I exported each category via email from my Pre. I've found those emails and there's a very long string of characters starting with #begin and ending with #end. I've tried to cut and paste one of those strings into the import feature of the desktop - even a Google Chrome version. Both say "data is corrupt" and don't import.
You mention Save/Restore backing up the entire database. Where would that be?
Thanks again for the reply.
jptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2012, 05:18 AM   #403 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptl View Post
Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, the sync ability doesn't exist - you have to back up manually every time?
At one point, I exported each category via email from my Pre. I've found those emails and there's a very long string of characters starting with #begin and ending with #end. I've tried to cut and paste one of those strings into the import feature of the desktop - even a Google Chrome version. Both say "data is corrupt" and don't import.
You mention Save/Restore backing up the entire database. Where would that be?
Thanks again for the reply.
Not quite. I haven't tried the dropbox sync yet, so I can't comment on it. Same for Google Chrome. I had the java app on my home system for a while- it was an imperfect sync with SecuStore 1, and the website said as much. I noticed after v 2 came out that the java app had vanished from the website, which didn't surprise me.

Regarding import/export, I have moved categories between my Pre 2 and my TP several times. I've gotten that "data is corrupt" error once or twice, due to user error when copying.

Save/Restore saves the backups it makes in a folder called saverestore in the device's USB drive.
lagoldste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2012, 09:35 AM   #404 (permalink)

@jptl That is why I gave up on Secustore & the developer. So many unfulfilled promises.

It isn't as pretty as Secustore, but we've switched back to Secret! by Linkesoft. It's cross platform (Windows, Mac, Palm OS, webOS, Android, iPhone, Windows mobile, etc). You can sync between all of those over a local WiFi connection.

We actually have grown to like the free form database structure of Secret! You can have whatever structure you want and can have the records collapse for easy field selection. Take a look at the Shareware desktop version at their website: LinkeSOFT - Software für Handhelds und Desktops
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 09:30 PM   #405 (permalink)

This is a Public Service Announcement (PSA) for anyone interested in downloading SecuStore 2 from the paid app catalog. It is not downloading version 2. I paid for the version 2 app but got stuck with version 1. I posted a problem report with HP and sent an email to the developer, no response from either one.

Update (1-21-13): still not heard back from either one. Very poor customer service
m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????

Last edited by PalmLives; 01/21/2013 at 09:10 PM.
PalmLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 05:32 PM   #406 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's not available anymore on the Mac App Store? That's a bummer 'cause I would've loved the sync function between webOS and Mac OSX.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passwords, safe, secure, storage, utility

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0