View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I was disappointed that I apparently can't even try out the Java-based desktop sync without getting the paid version. Since sync effectiveness will determine whether I buy, it's kind of a Catch-22.
    I can copy-paste on my Pre Plus, but not on the TP. Can't figure out how to select all and copy from the email on the TP. With the patch, the copy (improperly called sync) in vAults via USB works. I'm still struggling ot figure out their WiFi copy (sync). Sometimes it tells me it works, and sometimes it tells me it doesn't.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    So I took some time today to import my website logins from SplashID to SecureStore2 on the TP and it worked beautifully. Here are some pointers and they are likely applicable to any csv spreadsheet you attempt to import.

(1) The reason the app was sitting and "parsing" forever when loading a csv file from SplashID is due to the "date" field in SplashID. If you delete this column from your csv file using Excel, the file will load fine into SecuStore on the TP.

(2) Before you import, though, delete any unneeded columns, i.e. category name, type etc...

(3) Once your file is ready to go, download it to the TP using DropBox or Box.Net or simply save it to the TP using USB mode.

(4) Select "import" on the app's drop-down menu.

(5) Select the file using the "browse" button.

(6) Select the "template" you want to use for this data (one template per csv file).

(7) Align the correct columns by using the drop-down arrows.

(8) Hit "import".

(9) Choose your "set". If you have not created a "set" yet you can hit the "+" button and away you go.

(10) VERY IMPORTANT - For some reason, the importing process seems to take a very very long time. For 145 entries, it took my TP about 30 minutes to complete.

(11) Bug report - Note that the "importing data" wheel appears to run continuously even though the process is completed. Simply minimize the card after you have waited long enough, swipe away the application and then re-launch the app. You will then happily find all your data has been imported. If you are missing any entries, you probably did not wait long enough.

Hope this is helpful!

Hint: If some of your login names are credit card numbers, opening the csv file in Excel will result in that field being converted into a numerical number (i.e. 8.33E+06). Obviously that will be of no use to you. A workaround when using spreadsheets is to open the original csv file from SplashID into a text document. Save it. Then open the text document in Excel. You will then have options when opening the document to treat any column as a "text" column and Excel will not shorten your credit card number.
    I don't use SplashID but I was able to create a csv with ChromePass and import it thanks to your tips. ChromePass is a free little password recovery tool for the Google Chrome Browser. When you run it, it will retrieve all your logins. To create an importable csv file, right click anywhere on the list and select choose columns. Uncheck all except Origin URL, User Name, and Password. Then select the logins you want to export. Use left mouse + Ctrl or Shift keys to make selections. Once your selections are highlighted click on file, save selected items, and save as comma delimited text (csv). You will need to type a file name in to save it (eg passwords.csv). Mine also got stuck on "importing data". I let it run for 10 mins, closed the app and when I relaunched it, everything was there.

I initially tried to import a csv created by the Firefox Password Exporter addon and was unsuccessful.
    Hi, can SecuStore2 import a 1Password agile keychain?

Thanks
    Just wondering if there is any update on when desktop sync for SecuStore 2 might be fixed. I recently purchased SecuStore 2 and I have to say I love it.

I'm very much looking forward to the desktop sync being so far a great app.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Will Save/Restore transfer my information between the trial and full versions of Secustore 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Will Save/Restore transfer my information between the trial and full versions of Secustore 2?
    You don't need Save/Restore to do that. Use the built in features to backup trial - restore to full.

If you haven't already purchased it, I'd reconsider buying Secustore. It has been 4 1/2 months since the developer has posted _anything_ here and MANY months before that since any development on Secustore has been done.

Secustore is a product with lots of promise, unfortunately it has never been completed. Promises from the developer have gone unfulfilled for over a year. Desktop sync for version 1 (phone) of Secustore is in beta & hasn't been updated in well over a year. There has been zero development for synching for version 2.

By this time, I've pretty much given up on this developer ever fulfilling any of the promised features. As far as I can see (IMO) Secustore is another abandoned webOS product.

I really don't have an alternate solution, though. There aren't any password managers that are full featured & run full screen on a TouchPad. All the options available leave you to decide which product has the fewest missing features for _your_ needs.

Yes, I sound unhappy. I'm tired of waiting for this developer to EVER complete this product or keep his promises to the community. To me, Secustore has just been money (for phone & tablet versions) flushed down the toilet.
    Hi,

I tried the Secustore Lite version from the App Catalog and wanted to inquire whether the auto-login/auto-insert function should work in the lite version also...

The auto-login function is the reason why I would consider this app so I wanted to see it working...

Thanks
    I see there was an update today, and couldn't find a changelog anywhere. Anyone notice anything? Developer....comments?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Not sure if it was there before, but now looks like there is dropbox integration? Playing with it now...

I hope he keeps working on it, it really is a great app, and once all the sync/export parts work, this app is ESSENTIAL to all webos users.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Not sure if it was there before, but now looks like there is dropbox integration? Playing with it now...

I hope he keeps working on it, it really is a great app, and once all the sync/export parts work, this app is ESSENTIAL to all webos users.
    The Dropbox integration provides synchronization capabilities between platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pass View Post
    The Dropbox integration provides synchronization capabilities between platforms.
    By looking at the developer's twitter feed, I found out that along with the updated webOS version of the app, he has also released a free Google Chrome version of the app. It also has the new Dropbox sync feature. So if you don't mind storing your encrypted SecuStore data on Dropbox, you can now sync your data between your webOS device and any other platform on which you have a Google Chrome browser, with the SecuStore for Chrome installed.

The developer also has beta versions of the app for Windows, Mac, Linux and iOS, which you can access if you become a beta tester. I just did by requesting membership to this Google group.
    sledge007 likes this.
    any chance of getting dropbox sync for the phone version? That way its super easy to keep both tp and phone current with any updated passwords/accounts
    Looked through this thread and need some clarification please. Running SecuStore 1.2.1 on a Pre+. Need to export my passwords because I am moving to an Android phone but also have SecuStore 2 on my TP. What is the most efficient way to get my data off my Pre+? Emailed the developer and haven't heard a peep. Thanks.
    I use Secustore 1.2.1 on my Pre 3 and found the display errors very annoying. At this state, the app is not compatible with the bigger screen of the pre 3. Is there any chance to change that?
    Developer is responsive on twitter
    Thank you for the information, but I am not using Twitter. I am confident , that is is much easier to communicate in a forum like than in 140 Char Chunks. After all, this thread was started from the developer itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Thank you for the information, but I am not using Twitter. I am confident , that is is much easier to communicate in a forum like than in 140 Char Chunks. After all, this thread was started from the developer itself.
    Twitter might be your only recourse. It doesn't seem like the developer checks this thread any more. The last time he posted here was August 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Twitter might be your only recourse. It doesn't seem like the developer checks this thread any more. The last time he posted here was August 1.
    The developer hasn't replied to me on Twitter or via email. I am not impressed with his customer service.
    Some years back, I used the free version - Secustore 1, I believe. After compiling numerous categories, account numbers, PINs, etc, my Pre Plus died. Migrating my account info into the new Pre2 didn't include the Secustore app or my data.
    ..so I bought the paid version which at some point I was able to sync with my desktop. I spent several hours of recreating all of my secure categories and items with the assurance that I could keep a backup on my desktop.
    Lo and behold my Pre2 crashed and did an unprovoked hard reset.
    Again, no Secustore. I downloaded it from the App catalog, but no data. I was starting from scratch.
    Hopefully my backup would rescue me. After messing with the Java files, I was able to get secustore.jar to open, but nothing appears in my folders. I can't get the folders to open and list the individual items. I can't find any kind of backup file from which to restore.
    I am unable to sync with my Pre. I've tried everything.
    Am I trying to sync Secustore 2 on my Pre with an incompatible desktop version?
    I've tried to contact the developer to no avail. Has this product been abandoned?
    Have I paid for a snake oil application?
    The fact that I paid for this is not as bothersome as the hours that I've put into this product with the assurance that I could recover a backup from my desktop in the likely event that my Pre crashed or died.
    I'm not happy, I must say.