View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

    0 0%
  • Frequently

    0 0%
  • Rarely

    2 33.33%
  • Never

    4 66.67%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 407
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    One caveat, you need BOTH SecuStore AND Advanced browser for "autofill" to work. Hit globe button in lower right hand corner of SecuStore 2, Advanced Browser opens to site in URL field in SS, select user name field on site, tap user name button on floating window, select password field, tap password on floating window, tap X on floating window to close, tap login on site.
    Let me say it again:

    If you have to open up secustore and then intiate browsing via secustore then a lot of luster has been lost.
  2. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Let me say it again:

    If you have to open up secustore and then initiate browsing via secustore then a lot of luster has been lost.
    Give me a break! How else do you guys want it to work? It is a password manager which allows you to launch a login page directly from the app. SplashData has had SplashID for years and years on a mobile framework, won tonnes of awards but was never able to implement direct login except on the desktop app. Even then, all it does is launch the login page. You still have to cut and paste and that is a windows app!

    There is no other mobile app that comes close to the utility of this app. All other password managers require you to cut and paste the login page, the username and the password fields. SecuStore2 (and the original SecuStore) cuts all that out and allows you to go straight to the login page and with three small taps you are logged in.

    This is an incredible app both on the Pre and on the TouchPad. I don't understand why there is so much negativity on this thread.

    Here's a thought....someone point me to an app on iOS which has even a quarter of the functionality that this app does on webOS. Anyone?!?!?!?

    I'm serious. My wife has an iPhone4 and an iPad and I have not found anything to mirror this app on either mobile device.

    Oh wait....can't happen because Apple controls the browser.

    Jeez......sorry for the rant but some of you guys are too much.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Let me say it again:

    If you have to open up secustore and then intiate browsing via secustore then a lot of luster has been lost.
    How else would you do it that would be easier? Open one app, select the entry, press a button to open browser to the appropriate page, press a button to insert your details & away you go! How else could that be simplified? A telepathic connection with the TouchPad is the only option I can come up with.

    B*tching is OK, but tell us what you want. Don't just say this sucks & walk away.
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    How else would you do it that would be easier? Open one app, select the entry, press a button to open browser to the appropriate page, press a button to insert your details & away you go! How else could that be simplified? A telepathic connection with the TouchPad is the only option I can come up with.

    B*tching is OK, but tell us what you want. Don't just say this sucks & walk away.
    Just guessing, but what he appears to be talking about is a password manager similar to what is included in Firefox. I don't know of any stand-alone password manager that has that functionality.

    Personally, even though I make use of it in Firefox, I'm not a great fan of it. Many sites block the auto-fill by Firefox. There is also a lot of additional information that I keep in my password software that I wouldn't want available without it being securely password protected itself.

    Please just get the port to TouchPad done ASAP. I want to ask for compatibility between Palm Pre + (webos 1.4.5), TouchPad, and PC Windows Vista. If it has to be a Pre3, then so be it. I'll take two out of three unless jVault decides to do something. Right now they are taking a wait and see posture. Grrrr. PS. I already have Secustore II on the TP, but haven't started the laborious transfer of 300+ variable length records with variously labeled fields.
  5. #365  
    That's why it doesn't work...I don't have Advanced Browser and so SecuStore 2 won't work otherwise. Thanks for the help, but this kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it or maybe everyone is using Advanced Browser on their TouchPad. I just took forgranted that SecuStore 2 would work with what's built-in and thankfully they have a trial version to let me know otherwise. Sorli...
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    How else would you do it that would be easier? Open one app, select the entry, press a button to open browser to the appropriate page, press a button to insert your details & away you go! How else could that be simplified? A telepathic connection with the TouchPad is the only option I can come up with.

    B*tching is OK, but tell us what you want. Don't just say this sucks & walk away.
    fair enough sir fair enough. No specs offered by me ... So good point. It works as designed/intended it appears. So I will be satisfied if he finishes what he started and gets the desktop sync going, the import working, and some sort of ability to share data between multiple webOS devices. I did pay $17 bones for all this afterall.
  7. #367  
    Don't feel so bad about $17, I've spent over $100 trying out EVERY password manager available to find one complete solution. The best so far, and the one I usually use, is Secret!
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Don't feel so bad about $17, I've spent over $100 trying out EVERY password manager available to find one complete solution. The best so far, and the one I usually use, is Secret!
    DAMMIT you mean I had it right on my first try over a year ago? Secret was what I chose then and still use to this day. The desktop sync works well but the nag screens are driving me crazy. I think the dev wants 20 bones for just the desktop... Did you buy it?
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    DAMMIT you mean I had it right on my first try over a year ago? Secret was what I chose then and still use to this day. The desktop sync works well but the nag screens are driving me crazy. I think the dev wants 20 bones for just the desktop... Did you buy it?
    Sure did! Haven't regretted it yet. 1 PC, 1 TouchPad, 3 Pres, and 1 Clie all synced together.
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Sure did! Haven't regretted it yet. 1 PC, 1 TouchPad, 3 Pres, and 1 Clie all synced together.
    Where do you get the software for the Pre and TP? All I can find is the PC version. Thanks
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Where do you get the software for the Pre and TP? All I can find is the PC version. Thanks
    In the catalog. Just search for "secret". If your TouchPad has the same profile as your phone, after you purchase it on the phone, it's a free download from the TouchPad catalog.
  12. #372  
    I have not been able to get the app to work for me. I'm trying to move data from my SplashID to this app. I have the desktop version, but I can't export information from it or sync. I'm not willing to painstakingly enter all my info onto the desktop and not get it to my TP. I've pretty much given up. Tell me where to go to post my review. I'm not finding "post review" in app catalog.
  13. #373  
    Well, I looked at Secret and I don't like it. I don't want to see all the information for each item while I go to the item I am looking for. Also, I lazy and don't want to have to alphabetize the listing myself. I can agree that it works as intended, but I'm looking for more structure in the program.

    Speaking of structure, I looked a secustore and think it has too much structure. I don't want to have to define a record format for the many variations of information I have for different situations. I have web sites I manage with multiple ID's and passwords for different areas and email accounts. With jVault or Passwords Plus ( sure miss that program) I can just list them in one of the 15 fields available and not worry about format of field or length.

    I'll live with jVault on PC and Pre until something better comes along. I would prefer an intelligent sync solution similar to what Passwords Plus had where it would update the other platform to the most recently added or updated data regardless of where it came from.
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Well, I looked at Secret and I don't like it. I don't want to see all the information for each item while I go to the item I am looking for. Also, I lazy and don't want to have to alphabetize the listing myself. I can agree that it works as intended, but I'm looking for more structure in the program.

    Speaking of structure, I looked a secustore and think it has too much structure. I don't want to have to define a record format for the many variations of information I have for different situations. I have web sites I manage with multiple ID's and passwords for different areas and email accounts. With jVault or Passwords Plus ( sure miss that program) I can just list them in one of the 15 fields available and not worry about format of field or length.

    I'll live with jVault on PC and Pre until something better comes along. I would prefer an intelligent sync solution similar to what Passwords Plus had where it would update the other platform to the most recently added or updated data regardless of where it came from.
    I put your request for jVault or Password plus solution in my app request list. Does either of those allow csv import and export? Oh I forgot. There's a patch for jVault in the TP patch section.
  15. #375  
    password plus has export, but the format is a little strange. I wrote a quick and dirty java app to take the those, and turn them into a format that works better with secustore, including templates, naming the files so you know how many columns there are, which column is a password or note, etc. I can send the jar or source to you, if desired.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I have no problem with DropBox, but YES, it should be optional, and completed with a local sync solution.
    I think most posters here seem to want local sync, rather than cloud, and want a finished product (sync, export, etc.).

    please, please finish the original features- the ones that are grayed out, or listed on your website, or the ones you said you'd create in earlier posts. This is coming from someone who bought your pre app, the touchpad one, and advanced browser, all at full price...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I put your request for jVault or Password plus solution in my app request list. Does either of those allow csv import and export? Oh I forgot. There's a patch for jVault in the TP patch section.
    Thanks for pointing out the patch. Corsoft didn't tell me about that and I mistakenly skipped reading that post. From the title I didn't understand it was about apps, and not about Webos.

    I'm off to explore the patch.

    I believe both of them do csv import and export. That should a mandatory ability of any password data program. Also, the delimiter character needs to be user selectable. The common defaults: space, comma, and semi-colon may be prevalent in the data.
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think most posters here seem to want local sync, rather than cloud, and want a finished product (sync, export, etc.).

    please, please finish the original features- the ones that are grayed out, or listed on your website, or the ones you said you'd create in earlier posts. This is coming from someone who bought your pre app, the touchpad one, and advanced browser, all at full price...
    If it doesn't sync, then both import and export so that you can share records with your devices. The e-mailing and pasting to the clipboard isn't working for those of us who are new to this type of password system.
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think most posters here seem to want local sync, rather than cloud, and want a finished product (sync, export, etc.).

    please, please finish the original features- the ones that are grayed out, or listed on your website, or the ones you said you'd create in earlier posts. This is coming from someone who bought your pre app, the touchpad one, and advanced browser, all at full price...
    If it doesn't sync, then both import and export so that you can share records with your devices. The e-mailing and pasting to the clipboard isn't working for those of us who are new to this type of password system.
  20. #380  
    Is the e-mail pasting working for any of you to get your information back and forth between devices? What are you doing specifically to get it to work?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions