View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    I have been using ewallet on my desktop since I had a Treo. I kept hoping they would one day do something for WebOS, especially since I love List Pro by them. I am finally giving up on them. I was considering switching to SecuStore.

I was wondering if the desktop, Touchpad and the pre- will all sync. Also, if I purchase the touch pad version, Secustore 2, will I also need to purchase the pre- version, Secustore? Or will that be bundled with Secustore2?
    Secustore 2 won't sync with desktop. The developer says this feature is coming, but he seems pretty busy, so don't hold your breath (been waiting for export for a long time...). Hopefully, now that they have released Advanced Browser, they can focus on Secustore? Please? It is a great program, just needs the final features (import on desktop, export from somewhere, syncing with version 2, etc.).

The only solution right now, to "sync", is to copy your data from one to the other, by doing an email backup. The backup is encrypted, and you then paste it into the other device. The problem is if the data is large - I gave up after spending 30 minutes trying to cut/paste dozens of pages worth of data inside the Touchpad email client (no select-all available).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Thanks ka1 for that, thought I was missing something somewhere, and it appears that it just isn't configured yet.

Seems like that would be a KEY feature, being able to sync to PC. Suppose I could enter it manually, but would much rather wifi it over.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I purchased this for the touchpad because of the incentive for the advanced browser and then i bought it for my pre 2 because it looked interesting and useful ok -- so it looks like i can sync the pre 2 and the computer - i have this set up but no data -- i did however insert a lot of data into the touchpad -- i assumed that i could sync all 3 and have the same data sets in all 3 locations -- is this true? -- if so hoow do i do it?

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I purchased this for the touchpad because of the incentive for the advanced browser and then i bought it for my pre 2 because it looked interesting and useful ok -- so it looks like i can sync the pre 2 and the computer - i have this set up but no data -- i did however insert a lot of data into the touchpad -- i assumed that i could sync all 3 and have the same data sets in all 3 locations -- is this true? -- if so hoow do i do it?

thanks
    Direct synchronisation between all tree versions is not yet possible. We are currently exploring the possibility of cloud integration but I cant give officially announce yet if or when its coming. Finally, we see direct and flawless data sharing between devices as a must-have feature and we wont really be happy with any of the versions before that is achieved. Stay tuned - and patient! There are still things to come!
    FWIW I'd rather NOT have a cloud solution personally. I like the idea that all my data is local to me & I don't have to worry about anything like the recent LastPass episode. If anyone is going to get my data, they're going to first have to get physical possession of my device.

Having the computer be the "master repository" and act as the conduit between mobile devices is just fine with me.

My 2 cents worth - for what it's worth
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    FWIW I'd rather NOT have a cloud solution personally. I like the idea that all my data is local to me & I don't have to worry about anything like the recent LastPass episode. If anyone is going to get my data, they're going to first have to get physical possession of my device.

Having the computer be the "master repository" and act as the conduit between mobile devices is just fine with me.

My 2 cents worth - for what it's worth
    I understand your concern but trust me, what we have in mind would be nothing like lastpass. Yes, not knowing where or how your data is stored is scary. But what if you could use your own dropbox or box.net account as a repository, see all the files and be able to check that they are properly encrypted? Believe me, security is NOT an issue here. All data is 256 AES encrypted so if someone wants to steal your data he's gonna need more than your device. Additionally, all transactions with dropbox or box.net are via https which would be more than secure on its own. The only time your data would be viewable as plaintext would be on your device after you have entered your password and even then only until you lock the Set or close the app. But I have already told to much... Stay tuned!
    Warning - long and semi-ranty post

While what you say sounds good, personally I don't want to use a cloud storage solution. Have it as an option, sure. With the incidents of Dropbox allowing access to files without passwords, Terms & Conditions changes, depending on a 3rd party API that might change or be closed at any time, critical information has no place on the cloud - at least for solutions available to "regular" consumers, much less if relying on a service that _currently_ is free (service & API).

256 bit AES sounds nice, but the reality is it can be brute forced pretty quickly. Between easy cracking & virtually guaranteed permissions free access (some time or other) to Dropbox, Box.net, etc cloud storage (as currently available) offers a "solution" that is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Complete the desktop program you've already started & nearly completed. Give us a truly secure local solution and later, if you desire, develop a cloud option for those who want it.

This might sound harsh, but unless things change pretty soon, Makle Soft seems to be falling into the SplashData rut. Start projects, promise features (for months), keep promising but never completing, say "we've got an even better solution", wait a few more months with no completed solution _still_.

I _LOVE_ webOS, the apps available, & the developers who write them. I'm getting tired of hearing "in the coming months" from everyone from HP on down. Yep, getting a little angst I've paid seventeen buck so far on a password management solution that hasn't been completed after several months

PS If you're going to charge $9.99 ($14.99 after sale) for a product, include in-app (NOT on-line) help. Everything might seem obvious to you, but I've got no idea - it took quite a while to figure out how to use the Advanced Browser integration of SecuStore 2 (who would think to press a tiny globe icon).
    goldyman and ovomaltine like this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have no problem with DropBox, but YES, it should be optional, and completed with a local sync solution.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    How bout this rant: I bought this app cause it was so well reviewed and seemed polished..... I bought it to sync with desktop and to replace secret. I bought it for the incentive of getting free advanced browser. I was going to buy it for my pre so it could also sync. None of this works and I paid $10! This is B$. How much patience do I need. Give us a hint of time frame so I can schedule this project properly or demand my money back. Where is my free advanced browser promo code? I gave you a generous review and feel like I am getting nothing (may need to reconsider that review) .... whaaa! *** .... over....
    I had to order a replacement touchpad due to the case cracking issue. I spent 4 days typing information into this app - secustore2 - how do i transfer to the new device when it arrives?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Secustore 2 won't sync with desktop. The developer says this feature is coming, but he seems pretty busy, so don't hold your breath (been waiting for export for a long time...). Hopefully, now that they have released Advanced Browser, they can focus on Secustore? Please? It is a great program, just needs the final features (import on desktop, export from somewhere, syncing with version 2, etc.).

The only solution right now, to "sync", is to copy your data from one to the other, by doing an email backup. The backup is encrypted, and you then paste it into the other device. The problem is if the data is large - I gave up after spending 30 minutes trying to cut/paste dozens of pages worth of data inside the Touchpad email client (no select-all available).
    Wait - I just bought 2 version of Secustore, one for the TouchPad and one for my Pre, and downloaded the desktop, and I have to email, cut, and paste data between the three of them? On top of it, I can't make it work. I emailed a backup to myself from the TouchPad, opened it on the Pre, did a Shift+Tap to highlight all, Meta-C to copy, went to Restore from Clipboard in the Pre, did a Meta-V, and hit restore, and repeatedly received an error message telling me it was the wrong password or a corrupt file. What am I missing?

I was using Splash ID desktop, exporting to the Pre, importing the file, then deleting the Splash file on the Pre. I though that was too much of a pain so I bought Secustore. Now I have to manually keep all three devices in sync, and even that doesn't work?

I'll wait a bit for a solution from the developer, but if not is forthcoming, I think I will bitterly regret this purchase.

*update*
    I have now tried:

-Backing up to a file, hooking the TP up to the PC, transferring the file to the Pre, and trying to restore, and
    -Trying to restore from a file to the Desktop.
    Each time, I get a "data is corrupt" message. *However,* I was able to restore data created on the TouchPad to the TouchPad from the same file. It looks like, for now, my data are orphaned on my TouchPad.
    Last edited by DCFlyer; 07/31/2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: *update*
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Wait - I just bought 2 version of Secustore, one for the TouchPad and one for my Pre, and downloaded the desktop, and I have to email, cut, and paste data between the three of them? On top of it, I can't make it work. I emailed a backup to myself from the TouchPad, opened it on the Pre, did a Shift+Tap to highlight all, Meta-C to copy, went to Restore from Clipboard in the Pre, did a Meta-V, and hit restore, and repeatedly received an error message telling me it was the wrong password or a corrupt file. What am I missing?

I was using Splash ID desktop, exporting to the Pre, importing the file, then deleting the Splash file on the Pre. I though that was too much of a pain so I bought Secustore. Now I have to manually keep all three devices in sync, and even that doesn't work?

I'll wait a bit for a solution from the developer, but if not is forthcoming, I think I will bitterly regret this purchase.

*update*
    I have now tried:

-Backing up to a file, hooking the TP up to the PC, transferring the file to the Pre, and trying to restore, and
    -Trying to restore from a file to the Desktop.
    Each time, I get a "data is corrupt" message. *However,* I was able to restore data created on the TouchPad to the TouchPad from the same file. It looks like, for now, my data are orphaned on my TouchPad.
    word... I just spent for pre version too, trying to transition from secret.
  13.    #353  
    Sorry about the frustration! Just to clear up a couple of misunderstandings: SecuStore 2 is currently NOT integrated with SecuStore (1) or the desktop companion. If you are looking for a cross-device solution do not buy SecuStore (1) right now. For what its worth, SecuStore 2 will run on any device that will support Enyo. That is the Pre 3, the Veer, and hopefully also the Pre 2 at some point. Thats why SecuStore 2 seems a little pricy. The idea is that in the future you will be able to purchase it once and use it on all enyo-enabled devices, being able to synchronize directly between them. That SecuStore (1) will be part of that "ecosystem" is highly unlikely.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    just a little bit more rant:
    i bought secustore2 for my touchpad (and have bought secustore for my pre some times ago).
    there are so many issues:
    1. i tried to sync with desktop - doesn't work
    2. i exported (backuped) all of my 7 sets from secustore on my pre, send it one for one to my own email-address, restored and saved it on touchpad.
    all sets are built, but after opening again, all data is gone.
    3. i made step 2 a second time with same results.
    4. then i looked up the secustore-manual -> no help (secustore2 isn't mentioned there), then i read in some comments, that i had to restart (!!!) my touchpad after each newly restored set.
    that worked.
    5. today i created a new csv-file, containing pairs of values like "1,34562" "2,65498" and so on and tried to import to secustore2.
    nada.
    didn't work.
    secustore2 creates items like "1,34562" instead of "1" and "34562".
    6. so i created a cvs-file with ";" as seperator -> didn't work, same as before
    7. now i created a csv-file with a tab as seperator.
    the result?
    only one field with the "1" as content, and the "2" and the "3"
    8. last exit pre- (running webos 2.1.0): i imported the csv-file (comma-seperated-file) succesfully to secustore on pre-, send it as backup to my touchpad, restored and: no data to be seen
    9. ahhhh, i forgot:
    i have to restart the touchpad to use secustore2.
    10. yes i restarted the touchpad, but now there's only one field per item in the set. only the "1", the "2", the "3" and so on. the other values are gone to nirvana, and i will have to look after another solution for my data.
    (yes i controlled the dataset on pre- in secustore: all data is there ...)

no, no, that's not worth 10 euros
    (thumbsdown)
    Last edited by conum; 08/01/2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Most (all?) of the negative comments seem to be related to import, export, and synchronizing. For a password management app/system, import/export/sync with desktop are all critical.

Maybe updating the app description and website will help remove most of the confusion?

And I hope the developers finish this product. It has such potential.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  16.    #356  
    Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. But please remember that this is an early release and those usually come with bugs. Please do continue to report those bugs (or even rant about them if that makes you feel better) but dont expect any wonders. We do have limited resources and some bugs are not so easy to fix.

Finally, I want to remember you that there is a trial version available for free. I want encourage everyone to try the trial version before buying the full app. And if you decide that - for whatever reason - the app is not worth the money we are charging for it, you can still choose to not buy it.
    I'm trying the trial version of SecuStore 2 on my TouchPad and was very pleased with the interface look and feel and I was able to import (no problems importing data...at all) saved login and passwords converted to a text file from my desktop. This went almost flawlessly, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use the interface when browsing the web or otherwise.

From what I've read, SecuStore 2 is supposed to auto populate login information, contact form data, etc or at least that is what the says it will do.

When I try to use it and go about browsing...SecuStore 2 doesn't ever present itself or autofill data into webOS' web browser. Even the "Open in Browser" feature from within SecuStore 2 doesn't do anything. I guess the Trial version is missing something and doesn't completely work or I'm missing some plugin or patch to make this aspect work.

Honestly, this is not a complaint and it just doesn't work for me. I was hoping to use SecuStore 2 and Advanced Browser as a combo unit to help minimize my frustration having to type and retype passwords everything time I browse the web from the default web browser. I'll try rebooting my TouchPad to see if this helps, but so far I haven't found any reason to use SecuStore 2 and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Sorli,

I think you are assuming that the "auto-fill" function actually automatically fills in the username and password without any input from the user. Incorrect. The way it works is that you launch SecuStore, find your data item, then hit the earth or web logo which appears at the bottom of that item's data page. It then launches the Advanced Browser to the login page. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a rectangular box with the words "username" and "password" and an "X". Username should be highlighted. You then touch the username field on the web page and voila your username is instantly inserted. Then you touch the password field and voila your password is instantly inserted. Then hit login and press the "X" to get rid of the rectangular box at the bottom of the page.

What this does is avoids the need to cut and paste. It is auto in the sense that all you have to do is touch the appropriate field to insert the text.

Hope this helps.
    "When I try to use it and go about browsing...SecuStore 2 doesn't ever present itself or autofill data into webOS' web browser. Even the "Open in Browser" feature from within SecuStore 2 doesn't do anything. I guess the Trial version is missing something and doesn't completely work or I'm missing some plugin or patch to make this aspect work."

Funny... I was just testing this this morning. I got Secustore 2 on TP to fill in user and pass to my banking site like this:

1) create record in secustore for login info for bank using web template.
    2) Use advanced browser button within Secustore to launch site.
    3) you are presented with login window via secustore 2
    4) tap on user and it auto fills, tap on pass and it works.

Ok for now. Some functionality realized. I guess I was under the impression that all I needed was the record in secustore 2 and then to use advanced browser and navigate to site that has info and secustore and magic happens....

If you have to open up secustore and then intiate browsing via secustore then a lot of luster has been lost.

Am I missing something??
    One caveat, you need BOTH SecuStore AND Advanced browser for "autofill" to work. Hit globe button in lower right hand corner of SecuStore 2, Advanced Browser opens to site in URL field in SS, select user name field on site, tap user name button on floating window, select password field, tap password on floating window, tap X on floating window to close, tap login on site.