View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    SecuStore on the TouchPad! Awesome! I'm in Canada so won't be getting the TouchPad for another 10 days but this will be one of the first apps to get installed.
    ok, I was going to wait for a few more features, but decided to take a chance, and (re) purchased it. It is beautiful.

But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to sync. Under preferences, I see the Synchronization, but it is grayed out?

Is that feature missing?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    ok, I was going to wait for a few more features, but decided to take a chance, and (re) purchased it. It is beautiful.

But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to sync. Under preferences, I see the Synchronization, but it is grayed out?

Is that feature missing?
    Ok, I have got to start graying out things. That just seems to confuse people. No, SecuStore 2 is not yet integrated with the desktop client. This will take a lot of refactoring and will probably come with the next major update to the desktop app (I know its long overdue). For now the easiest way to get your data on your TouchPad is to create a backup, send it to your email account and restore it in SecuStore 2. Backups are backward compatible with at least all versions > 1.0 of SecuStore. You can also install SecuStore (1) on your TouchPad, sync it with your desktop, create a backup and copy/paste it into SecuStore 2. I know this seems to be kind of laborious but its done pretty quickly.

P.S.: Dont forget to leave a review!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Ok, I have got to start graying out things. That just seems to confuse people. No, SecuStore 2 is not yet integrated with the desktop client. This will take a lot of refactoring and will probably come with the next major update to the desktop app (I know its long overdue). For now the easiest way to get your data on your TouchPad is to create a backup, send it to your email account and restore it in SecuStore 2. Backups are backward compatible with at least all versions > 1.0 of SecuStore. You can also install SecuStore (1) on your TouchPad, sync it with your desktop, create a backup and copy/paste it into SecuStore 2. I know this seems to be kind of laborious but its done pretty quickly.

P.S.: Dont forget to leave a review!
    ;-(

The copy/paste is harder than it seems - I can't figure out how to get copy all to work on the email client. Will look into that.

PS-until the features come, I would update the docs/website, remove them from menu rather than gray them out (I assumed the grayed out versions in the trial version would work in the purchased version, and the manual/faq didn't mention that this feature did not work...).

Keep up the great work. This, seriously, COULD be one of the best applications on WebOS.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    ;-(

The copy/paste is harder than it seems - I can't figure out how to get copy all to work on the email client. Will look into that.

PS-until the features come, I would update the docs/website, remove them from menu rather than gray them out (I assumed the grayed out versions in the trial version would work in the purchased version, and the manual/faq didn't mention that this feature did not work...).

Keep up the great work. This, seriously, COULD be one of the best applications on WebOS.
    Ok, stuck.

Backup does the email backup, but on the touchpad, you can't get the email to easily select all. The backup file is several pages long. If I highlight text, it only gives me the option to copy, not select all, and I can't get the little end arrow to go paste the bottom or scroll...

Trying to use save/restore app now, will then send data to box.net, then download. Does anyone know the file name? The box.net client just lists files alphabetically...
    KA1
    I am unable to use Secustore to open a web page or auto insert the password on my Touchpad. When I tap the little world icon I get a popup that says "You need Advanced Browser for WebOS to use this feature!" When I tap "Get it now!", it opens the HP app store with the new message "This is not a valid HP WebOS application".

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I'd be curious to know if anyone with a Touchpad is using this app and if it is working for them. It isn't for me. For the 2nd time, I've lost all the passwords and other info that I've typed in. I've deleted the app and am requesting a refund.
    Last edited by daffy4u; 07/10/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Are you considering releasing a lite / demo / trial version of SecuStore 2 like you did with version 1? I'd really like to see how it works before plopping down 10 bucks

Thanks for considering it.
    Is $9.99 the sale price of SecuStore 2 or is the sale price supposed to be 33% off that?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I am unable to use Secustore to open a web page or auto insert the password on my Touchpad. When I tap the little world icon I get a popup that says "You need Advanced Browser for WebOS to use this feature!" When I tap "Get it now!", it opens the HP app store with the new message "This is not a valid HP WebOS application".

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I'd be curious to know if anyone with a Touchpad is using this app and if it is working for them. It isn't for me. For the 2nd time, I've lost all the passwords and other info that I've typed in. I've deleted the app and am requesting a refund.
    The advanced options don't work with the default browser. An "advanced" browser is coming soon and those who purchased are to get a discount. There is a story on this at PreCentral.

As for losing your data on reset, this is a bug in webos 3.0 and will be fixed in the next OTA update.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I've got the trial version on TouchPad and figured I'd try to move my data from SplashID. Exported as CSV, selected Import From CSV ... and it's been "parsing data..." for 3 hours. It's only 360 records. After 6 minutes I sent an email to support, but haven't heard an answer - but to be fair I don't know how big a company this is or what hours they operate.

Thinking about it, I don't know how it can work. How would it know the first field is a category, the second field is username, the third field is password, etc.? Either I have to tell it what's what, or I have to modify the CSV file to conform to what SecuStore expects. Which, and how?
    I ended up writing my own program to parse my Davis password plus export data into templates and data sector would like. You could probably hack it up for your format. I think the developer is focused on other apps right now, but I hope we can encourage him to add these final touches (export, import, full desktop sync)
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    What format does it require?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I've got the trial version on TouchPad and figured I'd try to move my data from SplashID. Exported as CSV, selected Import From CSV ... and it's been "parsing data..." for 3 hours. It's only 360 records. After 6 minutes I sent an email to support, but haven't heard an answer - but to be fair I don't know how big a company this is or what hours they operate.

Thinking about it, I don't know how it can work. How would it know the first field is a category, the second field is username, the third field is password, etc.? Either I have to tell it what's what, or I have to modify the CSV file to conform to what SecuStore expects. Which, and how?
    This is tricky to do. I have imported my SplashID data into SecureStore on the Palm Pre. Have yet to try it with the TouchPad version but expect it will work much the same. Keep in mind that you cannot simply import everything from SplashID at once. You have to configure each category of record, i.e. website logins etc.... Each category has a different definition. The way I did it with the handheld version is I used a basic csv file with a couple of records and modified the columns until everything matched up. I am going to try this soon on my touchpad and will report back on my success. Should be relatively easy although with spreadsheets the devil is in the details.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    So I took some time today to import my website logins from SplashID to SecureStore2 on the TP and it worked beautifully. Here are some pointers and they are likely applicable to any csv spreadsheet you attempt to import.

(1) The reason the app was sitting and "parsing" forever when loading a csv file from SplashID is due to the "date" field in SplashID. If you delete this column from your csv file using Excel, the file will load fine into SecuStore on the TP.

(2) Before you import, though, delete any unneeded columns, i.e. category name, type etc...

(3) Once your file is ready to go, download it to the TP using DropBox or Box.Net or simply save it to the TP using USB mode.

(4) Select "import" on the app's drop-down menu.

(5) Select the file using the "browse" button.

(6) Select the "template" you want to use for this data (one template per csv file).

(7) Align the correct columns by using the drop-down arrows.

(8) Hit "import".

(9) Choose your "set". If you have not created a "set" yet you can hit the "+" button and away you go.

(10) VERY IMPORTANT - For some reason, the importing process seems to take a very very long time. For 145 entries, it took my TP about 30 minutes to complete.

(11) Bug report - Note that the "importing data" wheel appears to run continuously even though the process is completed. Simply minimize the card after you have waited long enough, swipe away the application and then re-launch the app. You will then happily find all your data has been imported. If you are missing any entries, you probably did not wait long enough.

Hope this is helpful!

Hint: If some of your login names are credit card numbers, opening the csv file in Excel will result in that field being converted into a numerical number (i.e. 8.33E+06). Obviously that will be of no use to you. A workaround when using spreadsheets is to open the original csv file from SplashID into a text document. Save it. Then open the text document in Excel. You will then have options when opening the document to treat any column as a "text" column and Excel will not shorten your credit card number.
    Last edited by Quintus; 07/19/2011 at 11:40 AM.
  15.    #335  
    *sigh* Email notification failed again. Sorry for for not answering sooner.

The auto insert feature requires Advanced Browser for webOS, a seperate app that will be available very soon. As for the csv import: I know it is still a little buggy in some places but we are trying to optimize it as we move on. There will also be detailed instructions on how to import data from other apps like splashID. Meanwhile, Quintus' instructions should work for most people.

Again, while I try to answer posts in this forum as often as possible, I can not guarantee that I will always find the time (or that the forum will reliably notify me via email). If you have any support requests or questions please do send an email to support@maklesoft.com. Most emails should get answered within at most one or two days. If its a short question, shoot me a note on twitter (@MaKleSoft)

Btw: There is a trial version of SecuStore 2 available for the TouchPad
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ecustore2trial

Thanks for your patience!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Good news.

But I was wondering how I would know which columns were unneeded (step 3). I guess, it's any column which isn't in the template I'm going to use. So I looked at the Internet template. Under "fields" it doesn't list password, but I know it lets me enter a password. Will "password" just be the third column then, after "url" and "login name"?

What I might do is edit the templates to try to match the structure of each CSV. Except for the troublesome date column which I'll have to delete.

(
    man cut
    <oh yeah, I remember now>
    )

BTW, there is now a set named "TP" which I don't recall creating. It's password-protected, and I have no inkling what that password might be. Is this a default set or did I create it and just forget about it?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    lordbah,

I recommend that you start with a small csv file with only a few entries and four or five columns. As you go through the process you will see that it is very intuitive. Once you get the hang of it, you can start migrating larger files based on different templates. Trust me, just doing it is the easiest way to learn.

As for the TP set, try entering nothing in the password field. I don't have that set so not sure where yours came from.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Under "fields" it doesn't list password, but I know it lets me enter a password. Will "password" just be the third column then, after "url" and "login name"?
    Password is a special field that is used in Templates that have the flag 'contains password' set to true. This is the case for the Template 'Internet' but you can also be added for other Templates.

BTW, there is now a set named "TP" which I don't recall creating. It's password-protected, and I have no inkling what that password might be. Is this a default set or did I create it and just forget about it?
    No, this is not a default Set so you must have created it by accident. You can delete it by tapping the trash icon or swiping it to the side in list view.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Okay, once I got rid of the date field the import operation showed the grid interface. I like it. This is what I was wondering about when I was asking how to tell it which field in the import file mapped to which field in the template. It shows you each row broken up into columns and at the top of the column is a dropdown where you select a field from the template.

So now I've got some records and I'll use the app for a while. I wish I could test the TouchPad <--> Linux desktop <--> Pre2 sync.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have been using ewallet on my desktop since I had a Treo. I kept hoping they would one day do something for WebOS, especially since I love List Pro by them. I am finally giving up on them. I was considering switching to SecuStore.

I was wondering if the desktop, Touchpad and the pre- will all sync. Also, if I purchase the touch pad version, Secustore 2, will I also need to purchase the pre- version, Secustore? Or will that be bundled with Secustore2?