View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #261  
    Actually there are several ways to accomplish that. The easiest way is to use the desktop companion to enter your data and then sync with both phones. Instructions on how to do that can be found in the manual. If you need any more help don't hesitate to contact us in this forum or via info@secustore.info.

P.S.: You really read through the entire thread? I think it has grown quite large by now...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have a question regarding synchronizing and the proper way to delete an item in a set. I've been trying for a while now and am still confused, I guess.

When I delete an item on my phone and then sync with the desktop, the item appears with the desktop icon beside it. I am not given the option of deleting the item on the desktop, and after the sync completes, the item is back on the phone.

The same thing happens if I delete the item on the desktop. After the sync, the item reappears on the desktop.

What am I missing?

Just FYI, I exported a csv file from LastPass, and after a little work, was able to successfully import the file into SecuStore. Thanks for your work on this app.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    When I delete an item on my phone and then sync with the desktop, the item appears with the desktop icon beside it. I am not given the option of deleting the item on the desktop, and after the sync completes, the item is back on the phone.

The same thing happens if I delete the item on the desktop. After the sync, the item reappears on the desktop.
    We'll SecuStore doesn't keep track of the items you have deleted so it can't tell if you have added it on the desktop or deleted it on the phone so it just assumes it has been added on the desktop and downloads it. This is something we plan to fix in the future. Meanwhile, if you want to delete an item permanently you'll have to delete it on both the device and your computer.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Ok. Many thanks for the quick reply!
    Will we each be able to use our own desktop version as well (each pointing to the same database)? This will become more important when you get the desktop to auto-fill web page log ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    ...P.S.: You really read through the entire thread? I think it has grown quite large by now...
    I skimmed a lot of it, focusing mainly on your posts, it took some time but I didn't want to ask a question that has been answered.
    Sorry about that. The import feature has not been fully implemented in the desktop companion. The menu button was supposed to be deactivated. CSV-Import will be supported in one of the next releases.
    The app will only display files with the ending .csv and .txt. Which kind of file are you trying to import?

I'm confused now, does the desktop support Import? I just purchased the app and downloaded the desktop but the "from CSV" option is grayed out. I have a descent size db from Mobipassword I need to import.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by RamonaDave View Post
    I'm confused now, does the desktop support Import? I just purchased the app and downloaded the desktop but the "from CSV" option is grayed out. I have a descent size db from Mobipassword I need to import.
    The desktop app doesn't support import just yet. The webOS app however does.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Maggun, I have to agree with someone's earlier post (I believe it was govotsos) that it would really help to be able to have a trial version where the import is functional. I already have Jvault, but dislike some aspects of it, particularly the slow speed of searching records in Jvault. I can't truly compare SecuStore in that regard, unless I can import the large number of records that I have.

I had previously been a long time user of Safewallet, but gave up on them ever providing a sync option. I also was a beta tester for Safewallet, but there project is on hold due to API or some such issues.

Clearly $9 isn't a lot, but it IS for webos apps, especially if I can't test/compare a key aspect! Just my 2 cents, but if your product is really that good, you may be able to get a significant increase in sales if you had a limited time trial rather than limited function, as then you might be able to get Jvault users to convert. Also, I'm certain you would benefit if you could get sales before another "true" competitor like Safewallet can get their act together, as they also have a product that should be excellent if they can ever get the permissions they need (or whatever it is that is holding back their release.) Without being able to test and compare complete capabilities, I feel like I may be wasting $9 -- something that will most likely just make me wait things out with Jvault for now.
    Hi,
    Just found out about this application. I'm looking for a replacement for Passwords Plus (with Classic), and a desktop option was a requirement for me. This seems like the only WebOS app to fit the bill.

But to import, I have to import from the phone?? That is going to be much, much harder, especially since I doubt the first import will go smoothly. Most likely, people importing need to tweak to raw data for best results.

I think you should focus very strongly on the desktop for now... If it will help, I can show you sample exports from Passwords Plus.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Another app that has a desktop version is and supports import is Secret! It works very well. The pre version is in the catalog & the desktop version is on their webpage @ linkesoft.com - it's shareware & fully functional so you can test all features before buying. Make sure your database is a csv file & your good to go. Secret! is a totally freeform database so you can store any info you want in it. It supports synching multiple devices.
    The desktop app doesn't support import just yet. The webOS app however does.
    I was able to import via the phone and it was easy enough. You do need to tweek the CSV but that is due to a limitation on the output of the source program, in this case mobipassword. The sync worked fine as well, very easy. The Desktop app needs work, I know it is still Alpha so that isn't a criticism as much as an observation. The big thing I noticed is that it doesn't appear that you can a record from one set to a different set. Also it would be good to be able to import into the root set and have a field to ID which subset to assign a record to.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    hows the progress on the desktop app going? im liking the app
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  13.    #273  
    The development on the desktop app has been on hold for a while. But now that we have finished and published our new app Plancastic! we are going to resume development on SecuStore so you'll probably see some improvements soon.

By the way: If you like our app please remember to post a review in the app catalog!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hello everybody,
    seems there are problems with in the desktop-app:
    items: the umlaut characters are converted (wrong character-set)
    sets: the umlaut characters are displayed correctly, but the sync doesn't work
    I am using the actual versions of the applications and attached some screenshots.

Regards
    Stefan
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    Hello everybody,
    seems there are problems with in the desktop-app:
    items: the umlaut characters are converted (wrong character-set)
    sets: the umlaut characters are displayed correctly, but the sync doesn't work
    I am using the actual versions of the applications and attached some screenshots.

Regards
    Stefan
    Hi Stefan,

thanks for reporting. Although we couldn't replicate the sync problems with umlaut charakters. Can you please try again and see if it failes again?

As for the Umlaut bug: We are recording alle the bugs that are reported to us but currently we will have to ask our users to live the minor ones for now as we have started to perform major refactorisations on the code in order to get it ready for the transition to the new enyo framework. So you'll probably have to wait for the next major update for these minor bugs to be fixed. I hope you can live with that.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Maggun; 01/30/2011 at 11:52 AM.
    @Maggun What is the timeframe for adding import to the desktop client? Will it support importing more farmats than the phone version? I'm having to do a lot of twiddling with the file to get a clean import. Plus, of course, editing is MUCH easier on the computer
  17.    #277  
    Unfortunately I can't give you a timeframe right now as we are currently figuring out how to set our prioritys for the coming months. I'll let you know as soon as I know.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hello Maggun,
    thanks for your fast response.
    The umlaut-problem is reproduceable in my environment. (german Windows XP SP3, all language-related settings german)

Regards
    Stefan
    Last edited by prebaco; 01/30/2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Ok, been working on migrating from Classic/Passwords Plus! from DataViz (now owned by Rim!).

The issue I encountered was that Password Plus exports to a format that isn't what most others expect - it prints out 2 lines of general header info, then for each entry, it creates a line where the first value is 0 if it is an entry, 1 if it is a template, then the name of the app, then the catagory, then it begins printing out 3 items per field - title, value, and password flag. Then a final field for any notes, with the notes enclosed in double quotes. This note field can go into multiple lines.

So the format (besides the first two lines) is similar to:
    <template flag>, <name>, <catagory> , <field 1 header>, <field 1 value>, <field 1 password flag>, <field 2 header>, <field 2 value>, <field 2 password flag>, ..., "<note>"

So to massage the data, I had to parse that, create a template, then add in the rows that matched. The problem then was that there ended up being 60+ unique templates with data rows (I had 200 entrees). So I had to then import 60+ items into SecuStore. And when you import, you have no idea which field is the password nor which is a note (secustore should show you a sample row to help). Since most of the templates only had a few different fields, I then merged them, with the less common fields merged into a note field.

I wrote a dirty Java package to handle this. Let me know if anyone wants to clean it up.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  20.    #280  
    Wow, sounds like a lot of work to import some data. Kudos on getting it to work!