View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #221  
    Question about the desktop sync. From what I read on the web page, the way this works is you establish a connection and are presented with a list of items with up, down, or both arrows beside them denoting which device has updated records. Then you click individually on each item to syncronize them. Is this correct - am I reading this right? You selectively sync individual items instead of just pressing a single "sync it" button and all items are synced automatically?
    This is not entirely correct. You sync each Set individually. The contained items are synced automatically. Only if there are confilicts, i.e. two Items with the same name but different alteration dates you have to choose the version you want to adopt. It is planned to add an option to automatically select newer Items though.

Take a look a this for a visual demonstration.
    Last edited by Maggun; 10/12/2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    on this morning i was able to sync without any changes of port, IP etc..
    2 of my 8 sets were uploaded to my pc, the other 6 were created (with password) but empty on the pc.
    if i then tried to synchronize the "empty" sets, after 1 second secustore says "Timeout, server doesn't respond" or so.
    I think you have to invest a little more work to make the synchroninizing smooth.
    :-((
    Last edited by conum; 10/12/2010 at 03:33 AM.
  3.    #223  
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience, conum. We're doing our best to optimize and stabilize the whole process. Feedback like this is very appreciated but we need more information in order to reproduce the bug.

Which version are you running on webOS? Did you try to delete the empty sets from the desktop app and upload the sets again? It might help if you sent the file "appLog.txt" (from the same directory SecuStore.jar is in) to support@secustore.info
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    on webos the newest version 1.2.0
    yes, i tried to delete the empty sets, but synchronizing again brings the same result: empty sets
    applog.log cannot be appended, forum-software says: invalid file, so i had to copy the content to a text-file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    This is not entirely correct. You sync each Set individually. The contained items are synced automatically. Only if there are confilicts, i.e. two Items with the same name but different alteration dates you have to choose the version you want to adopt. It is planned to add an option to automatically select newer Items though.

Take a look a this demo video for a visual demonstration.
    Thanks for the reply. I watched the video, but it wasn't too helpful. 3/4 of the screen was filled with a grey box and only about 1/4 of the WebOS display was visible at the right of the display.

If an item is changed on both devices, if I understand your reply correctly, you choose which one is "right" and it gets synced? The description on the webpage mentions merging. What does that do?
  6.    #227  
    Thanks for the reply. I watched the video, but it wasn't too helpful. 3/4 of the screen was filled with a grey box and only about 1/4 of the WebOS display was visible at the right of the display.
    The "grey box" is the desktop companion (:

If an item is changed on both devices, if I understand your reply correctly, you choose which one is "right" and it gets synced? The description on the webpage mentions merging. What does that do?
    That is correct. The Sets from your phone and from your computer are "merged" into a single Set that contains the data of both. If two Items exist with the same title the app checks if they match. If they dont you'll have to decide which one you want to use for both Sets. In most cases this will be the one that has been changed more recently.
  7.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    on webos the newest version 1.2.0
    yes, i tried to delete the empty sets, but synchronizing again brings the same result: empty sets
    applog.log cannot be appended, forum-software says: invalid file, so i had to copy the content to a text-file
    Unfortuntely we haven't been able to reproduce the error. However thanks to the log data your provided we could come up with a patch that should fix your problem. Please try it and tell us if it works for you. (Note: This is not an official release but only for test purposes)
    Simply replace the file SecuStore.jar with the one attached to this post. This will not effect your data.
    Posting the log data again after retrying might also help to shed some light on this issue.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Following was asked in an earlier post by someone, but didn't receive a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmead727 View Post
    ... I was using e-wallet on my Palm before. Some suggestions:

1. Having folders to organize my cards into. I have a few sets such as Work and Personal. But in Personal, I have Bank, Travel, Software Keys, etc. It just helps to organize things better. Having folders just adds an organization feature use it as is now or have folders. The other way to do this would be to have categories.
    3. Possibly add for existing templates (and customs) the ability to have a data line hidden or shown on the main screen. "Show all data" displays all (adds hidden). Right now it's just the title and notes. Being able to customize it would be great.
    Pat
    As an ewallet user I'd like to know if these would be considered. Eg For #3, Ewallet requires an extra button push to display the sensitive PIN data

Additionally, I've some questions / observations (based on 1.2.0 Lite):
    1. This is a workround for #1 above... I'd like to arrange items in sets, but don't want to have different passwords. If each set uses the same password, will the program prompt for a new password? Alternatively can we have a single master password, then I'll just leave the set's password blank
    2. "Lock card when miminized" doesn't work for me. I turn the slider on and enter the gestures, but when the app returns to the previous screen the slider is marked as Off again
    3. The "Test Set" settings dialog has bad content. All I see on entry is a checbox marked "Never" - there is no indication as to what this refers to. Unchecking the box shows some date entry options, but agan no indication *** to what it means. I then went and looked this up in the manual, but I shouldn't have to
    4. I thought I read about an auto-fill feature on the Internet screen ... I don't see that anywhere

Other than that this has potential as an ewallet replacement for me.
  9.    #230  
    1. We'd like to keep things simple. Organizing data into multiple Sets is sufficient for most people and implementing arbitrary folder structures would make things too confusing, at least on a screen like the pres or the pixis.

3. Again, most people prefer simple over super customizable. I think the drawer is a good implementation but we'd consider implementing a more customizable solution if more people requested it.

A. You can use the same password for multiple Sets. As discussed before in this forum a single master password isn't an option as it would be redundant and - again - would make things more complicated.

B. Did you return with the back gesture? You have to enter the combination twice - once for confirmation. If you entered the combination successfully the app will return to the preferences dialog automatically and the slider will be activated.

C. Sorry about that. The title of the group box is supposed to say "password expires after" but apparently there was a typo in the resources file that caused the app to not find the text. Its gonna be fixed in the next version.

D. Tap the button in the middle of the bottom menu or select "use auto insert" from the menu at the bottom right corner. If the option doesnt exist you'll first have to check "use auto insert" in the Templates configuration.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Please understand that even though we can't implement all suggestions we still appreciate every single one of them!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Simply replace the file SecuStore.jar with the one attached to this post. This will not effect your data.
    Posting the log data again after retrying might also help to shed some light on this issue.
    thanks for sending the modified secustore.jar.
    the sets are correctly synced now, but now the template-information is gone.
  11.    #232  
    What exactly do you mean by "template information"?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    the templates i wrote the data in on my pre are not transferred to pc. see attached pics.
    secure_temp_ok.png -> sets i synced yesterday, template-information ok
    secure_temp_bad.png -> sets i synced today (with the modified secustore.jar), template-information bad
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #234  
    Ok, this is weird. Can you please try to first unlock the set (enter and leave it again) and then upload it? Also I have attached another Version that will log the entire template information. Please check the log file if it contains any information you don't want to be seen and post it again.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    oh, my bad ...
    i had just a glimpse at the records stored on pre, and there are also much questionmarks ...
    i was confused about the template-information as securestore for pc asked me to choose a template for records that have "undefined" for template-information just after synchronizing.
    if i open a synced set now (after having closed and reopened the .jar-file), there's only a hint "undefined (click to change)" at the top of the record.
    I think, under these circumstances the last sync was successful.
  15.    #236  
    So, what your saying is that some of the Items in your Sets didn't have Templates assigned to them? This can happen if you accidently (or intentionally) delete a template that is still linked to some Items. I have to admit that we didn't take this case into account.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    > 90% of my records in the sets are imported from data coming from splashid for palmos. i don't remember how i imported (i think splashid -> csv -> text -> email -> copy to clipboard -> import from clipboard!??)
    the records had different number of rows, so i could not choose an existing template for the whole set.
    i think, syncing is ok, i did not test changing records on one device and syncing by now. if errors occur, i will be back in this forum.
    Thanks for your description of the syncing process. When the desktop version exits beta, will it be free for secuStore WebOS purchasers or will it be an additional purchase?

From the app catalog description, it sounds like only the paid version can sync to PC. Is it possible to enable the free version to do this also but on a time limit? For that matter, would it be possible to make the free version more feature complete but expire in, say, a week? Other developers have successfully done this.

I'm asking because I have purchased several other options and have ended up dissapointed. I'm tired of throwing money around for nothing - especially considering the higher prices password programs are asking.

Thanks
  18.    #239  
    The desktop companion will remain available for free as a service to our webOS users.

Its true, syncing is only available for the full version. I understand that some users might want to test some of the advanced features like CSV-Import or synchronization but those feature are difficult to bring in line with the restriction of the number of stored Sets/Items so I don't think we will be changing that.

I understand that after trying a couple of other password managers you don't want to waste any more money. But let me tell you: SecuStore is the best you'll get for webOS. I know every developer would tell you this about his app but based on the feedback we've been getting we're pretty confident that for this one it's actually true (;
    That's why I was suggesting an expiring demo. It works for a week then does nothing but say if you want to continue to use SecuStore, buy the full version. So many people have done this - heck you have done it in your betas - should be easy to implement.