View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #201  
    I havent tested importing data from splashID it myself but I heard from some people who did it without problems using the CSV-import. You can't test the import in the lite version though.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the full version and LOVE it! I have two questions:

1. I successfully imported a CSV file of 249 records, but each one is a custom record and some empty fields from each were imported. Is it possible to delete unused fields in each imported record? Is there a better way to set up my CSV file to avoid the problem if that's not possible?

2. Can I edit a predefined template? If not, would you make your predefined template icons available for custom templates?
  3.    #203  
    Hi mtech,

glad you like our app. To your questions:

1. I'm afraid that's not possible. You can delete the field from the template (unless it's a predefined one) but that would not delete the data. You should be able to open the csv file in excel or a similar program, delete the row you don't want to import and the export it to csv again.

2. Editing predefined templates is not possible. There will be more icon choices available for custom templates in one of the next releases.

Remember, if you like our app please leave a review in the app catalog!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response Maggun!
    Maggun,

I love the UI of this app, have one feature request though. I've been using SplashID for quite sime time on my old Palm T3 and also on WebOS, and the major advantage of that application, I found, was the ability to type the security password on screen using a screen keypad, rather than the keyboard. Unfortunately SplashData have lost interest in WebOS and this feature has been lost between the PalmOS and WebOS version. I'm using a 5 digit password, so a keypad with numbers only would suffice. Do you think that this is something that can be developed for SecuStore as well. This is the only feature that stops me from buying the full version. Otherwise the software is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshare View Post
    If I can get desktop sync & import from SplashID desktop (the latter seems possible but I haven't tested yet) - or even continue using SplashID desktop - I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I just downloaded Lite to try it out
    I think I read somewhere that the desktop sync is in development.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdbosc View Post
    Maggun,

I love the UI of this app, have one feature request though. I've been using SplashID for quite sime time on my old Palm T3 and also on WebOS, and the major advantage of that application, I found, was the ability to type the security password on screen using a screen keypad, rather than the keyboard. Unfortunately SplashData have lost interest in WebOS and this feature has been lost between the PalmOS and WebOS version. I'm using a 5 digit password, so a keypad with numbers only would suffice. Do you think that this is something that can be developed for SecuStore as well. This is the only feature that stops me from buying the full version. Otherwise the software is great.
    I personally like that ability to use the key board since it allows provision for an alpha numeric password. I think the ability to do this makes secustore more advantageous in terms of security.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Hey Magun! Is there anyway you could place the auto insert on the screen? In other words, could you make it an icon for quicker accessibility? It is not a big deal if it can't be done...Cheers,

9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdbosc View Post
    Maggun,

I understand that some people may find a virtual keypad more convenient than typing in the password the regular way. However you have to keep in mind that a password that consists only of digits is VERY week! Presenting a keypad for the entering of passwords implies that a digit-only password is sufficient which in general is not the case especially not for a master password. There is a reason why there is a password strength indicator and a password generator built in.
    The alternative would be to provide a full virtual keyboard replacing the existing one. However that would be kind of redundant especially if you keep in mind that future webOS devices will probably have a virtual keyboard to start with. Also if you want to have a virtual keyboard on your pre or pixi there is one available in the homebrew feed.
    I'm sorry that we can't comply. Our goal is not to copy other apps but to develop apps the way we think it makes most sense.

Thanks for your suggestion, though. Any comments and requests are welcome!

Hey Magun! Is there anyway you could place the auto insert on the screen? In other words, could you make it an icon for quicker accessibility? It is not a big deal if it can't be done...Cheers,
    We've had this request before and the more I think about it the more it makes sense to me. I'll think about putting it on the todo list for the next release.
    Last edited by Maggun; 09/20/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am pretty new to WebOS and coming from Palm OS so I am still learning a lot. I have been trying this wonderful SecuStore app and I love it. I definately like the idea of desktop sync. This was a major plus for me.

I have installed desktop client and trying to figure out how to sync. I set the passwords and computer name but I don't know anything about the port. 5555 is prefilled and it does not seem to work. I don't know anything about ports is there something I can do? Please help me someone. Thanks in advance!
  11.    #211  
    Please make sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi Network as your computer. The port simply needs to be same on both your phone and your computer. Best leave the default. Don't use an empty password!

if you followed all the steps in the manual and you still get a response from the desktop app then the connection might be blocked by your Firewall. Try turning your firewall off or edit the firewalls preferences to give permissions to the app.

Please let us now if any of the above helped you.

Thanks for the feedback!
  12.    #212  
    Ok, here is what might prevent some (many?) people from syncing their phones with the desktop companion: For some reason the phone can't resolve the ip adress of the computer using the computer name. So here is an easy workaround:
    In the preferences of the webOS client enter the local ip address of computer instead of the computer name. An easy way to find out your ip address that should work for all operating systems is to just visit this site:
    What Is My IP Address Location? Find IP Address Search - IP Lookup Locator
    and look for the internal IP address.
    After that your phone should be able to connect to your computer.

Also keep a look out for an update of the desktop companion later this day that will fix some db issues.

Update: The update for the desktop app takes a little longer than expected. It'll be ready by tomorrow, hopefully.

Update #2: SecuStore desktop v0.0.2 is now available. Please read the installations instructions in the README.txt carefully as they include some important steps for getting the application to run properly. Get it here: http://www.secustore.info/index.php?s=downloads
    Last edited by Maggun; 09/23/2010 at 09:13 AM.
    I have a suggestion for added security. Is it possible to make the main screen password protected? When Secustore is launched, you would need to enter a parent password before getting access to all of your sets. I know some may think another added password may take relevance from a password storage application but if you use one unique parent password, you won't forget it. I like the gesture combination, but I just was looking for further fortification to an already secure application.

14.    #214  
    When Secustore is launched, you would need to enter a parent password before getting access to all of your sets
    This would be kind of redundant don't you think? The fact that each Set has a individual master password allready makes for better protection than the "classic" approach where all your data is locked with a single password.

The idea behind the gesture lock is to make it possible to access you data quickly and easily without the cost of security. Of cource there are far less combinations possible then with an arbitrary password but the fact that you only have 3 trys to enter the right one balances that out. Your bank account pin is only four digits long, too, right?

The point is: If you build fragile walls it want help to build ten in a row. If you know your walls are unbreachable then one should suffice.

I hope I could make my point clear to you. Thanks a lot four your suggestions.
    I greatly appreciate your response and understand your point. I would like to make it abundantly clear that I am satisfied with the level of security and I especially like the unique password approach to individual sets. As always, continue the great job at bringing the update and keeping us informed...cheers

16.    #216  
    Hi Guys,

SecuStore beta and the alpha release of the desktop companion have been released almost two weeks ago and we have hardly gotten any feedback at all. If you have tested the software please tell us about your experience:

1. Have you been able to install and run the desktop application successfully?

2. Have you encountered any problems or bugs in either the webOS app or the dektop companion?

3. Have you been able to create a connection between your device and the desktop app and synchronize your data?

Please, the more feedback we get the sooner we can publish the update for the full version.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i bought secustore some month ago.
    today i found the update of secustore in app-catalog which should allow a synchronisation with pc.
    i downloaded secustore_0.0.3 for pc, set the preferences in both apps to the same values / password
    in my firewall all local tcp-traffic is allowed, but secustore doesn't sync
    "server not answering" (i get the message in german language "server antwortet nicht")
    what to do?
  18.    #218  
    Please make sure that

1. Your device and you computer are connected to the same network.

2. The desktop app is running

3. The ip address and the port are correct (If the desktop app lists more than one port please try all of them seperately)

You can also check if you are using the correct ip address by visiting this site: What Is My IP Address Location? Find IP Address Search - IP Lookup Locator and comparing it to the one listed under "my internal ip address"
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    yes, my device and my computer are connected to the same network, the desktop app is running and the ip address and the port are the same ... what does "correct" mean?
    port 5555 is chosen by default, my firewall shows jawaw.exe listening on port 5555 and all local tcp-traffic is allowed.
    changing port to other numbers brings no effect (i tried 8080, 1024, 15555, etc)
    btw:
    chapura sync manager runs without issues, wifi-media-sync is running also with no problems
    :-(
    and now?
    Question about the desktop sync. From what I read on the web page, the way this works is you establish a connection and are presented with a list of items with up, down, or both arrows beside them denoting which device has updated records. Then you click individually on each item to syncronize them. Is this correct - am I reading this right? You selectively sync individual items instead of just pressing a single "sync it" button and all items are synced automatically?
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast