View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #181  
    Hi Guys!

After initial difficulties a working version of SecuStore has now hit the official app catalog! For those of you in the US: Palms half-off crazyness will end tomorrow. So be sure to get your copy of SecuStore until then for only 4.49 $ US instead of 8.99 $ US!
    For those of you who have yet to be convinced: There is a lite version available for free as of today!

And remember ... a sync solution is coming your way so stay tuned!
  2.    #182  
    Conum,

First of all, for those of you who want to wait a little longer before buying the full version SecuStore beta will be kept available for another month.

Regarding your problems backing up Sets:

This is a known issue which we have not yet been able to fix. However, there is an easy workaround: Simply change the password of the Sets that won't backup and try again. You can even change the password back afterwards.

The easiest way to backup your data this way is to create the backup, copy the text from the e-mail into the clipboard (red or gray button + c) and then perform the backup from clipboard. copy the text into the field with (red or gray button + v).
    Backing up and Restoring is going to be way easier once the official version is supported by the save/restore utility.

Or should I go to SplashID?
    Err, no. Would be a shame to loose such a helpful customer (;
  3.    #183  
    SecuStore 1.0.2 and SecuStore lite 1.0.2 have been submitted to the app catalog. The new versions fix some CSV import issues and include the much anticipated german languagepack!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Maggun,

The bug which prevented the user from re-arranging the order of the sets has re-appeared in the paid version.
  5.    #185  
    Thanks, Quintus.
    We'll see it fixed with one of the next releases.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    if i buy the paid-app: have i to deinstall the older (free) version first?
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    if i buy the paid-app: have i to deinstall the older (free) version first?
    No, you don't. All versions (full, lite and beta) are independent apps. I would recomment to keep the version you are using now installed until you have transfered your data to the full version.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have two major problems that I hope someone here can help me with. They both pertain to importing CSV files (the main reason I chose this software).

1. The software seems to loose track of the item names and their corresponding data set as you scroll the list. I seems to loose track at around item 15. I have imported them in different orders and it always looses track halfway through the list. Typing in the name to search for it seems to be a reasonable work around, but defeats the finger control.

2. Most troubling is that it won't save the imported data. When I close the card, and reopen it, all the imported data is gone.

Two hours wasted so far on a simple import. Anyone have any ideas? The list is about 50 items long, so retyping was out of the question (again import is the reason I bought THIS software).

Ken
  9.    #189  
    This is a general bug in the CSV import functionality that has been brought to our attention a while ago. Version 1.0.2 including a fix for this problem has been submitted to palm a few days back and is beeing published in these moments. I should be available in the app catalog very shortly.

Update:SecuStore 1.0.2 is now available
    Last edited by Maggun; 07/30/2010 at 02:12 AM.
  10.    #190  
    The end of SecuStore beta has finally come . Version 0.9.14 sets the final expiration date to Semptember 1st 2010. After that the beta version can still be used to view existing data. Adding, editing and most of the advanced features will be deactivated.

We'd like to thank all beta testers who have been so helpfull with suggestions, bug reports and constructive criticism. We'd have never come so far without you.

For all those who have enjoyed the beta version - you know where to get more: In the official app catalog! SecuStore and SecuStore lite are ready for downloading.

Also, SecuStore 1.0.3 has been submitted to palm. The new version fixes some bugs like problems with moving items between sets and sets appearing empty after viewing an item. It will hopefully be published very shortly.

Of course, SecuStore's still far from perfect. There is still alot of work to do and your help is just as appreciated as before. So this forum will be kept open. If you have any questions, problems or suggestions don't hesitate to post here or contact us directly via info@secustore.info.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Maggun,

I note that you still cannot re-arrange the order in which the various sets appear.
    OK, I set up a couple of sets in Secustore. One with a password, and one without a password. I go back into Secustore and now it says both are password protected. The password for the one I set a password for is fine. But the one I did NOT set a password for is asking for one, and no matter what I do to get in I cannot! How can I override this? It is family medical data and I really need to be able to access it! Help?!
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    OK, I set up a couple of sets in Secustore. One with a password, and one without a password. I go back into Secustore and now it says both are password protected. The password for the one I set a password for is fine. But the one I did NOT set a password for is asking for one, and no matter what I do to get in I cannot! How can I override this? It is family medical data and I really need to be able to access it! Help?!
    I suppose by not setting a password you mean leaving the field for the password empty. If you did so then the password for the set simply is an empty string. This means that when you are asked for the password you simply need to tap OK. Should work just fine.
    That was it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I was recently on the App Catalog and noticed that this app has only received 371 downloads. This is very disheartening as I believe this app has features that are way ahead of the pack for this type of app. Hopefully, the popularity of this app will start to increase soon otherwise I suspect the developer will have little incentive to continue work on the desktop version.

Those of us who use this app on a daily basis should make sure that we recommend it to others.

....or maybe webOS 2.0 will be what is required to attract more users to webOS and hence more customers for developers.
  16.    #196  
    I appreciate your solidarity, Quintus.

We are also very confident that SecuStore does provides the best user experience from all the password managers / secure storage utilitys out there. And so far, our users have never failed to reinforce that believe. Even the guys from Palm developer relations seem to think the same way.

I wish I could say that the low amount of downloads (the number 371 includes updates, so the actual download count is considerably lower) doesn't impact our incentive of pushing things further. However we have made a commitment to our users and the user support will continue to address all issues that may come up (The current version is running very stable so there aren't many support requests anyway). Also the work on the desktop companion and synchronization solution is too advanced to be abandoned and will definetely be finished even though it has admittedly slowed down a little.

The problem is that right now Palm doesn't give much means of promoting your apps. There is featured apps and we have applied to be considered for it but there doesn't seem to happen much over there anyway.
    Probably the best way to get some attention in webOS world is to be reviewed or spotlighted on precentral.net. Dieter told me that he was going to spotlight SecuStore "soon" but that was quite a while ago and since he isn't answering my e-mails I have to assume that he has abandoned that intention.

So what can you do to boost SecuStore's success and help to push things further? Spread the word! Tweet recommendations, tell your friends on facebook and use every opportunity to get us some attention!
    But the most important thing is: Tell the guys at precentral what you love about our app and why it is worth to be spotlighted or even given a full review. Bug the palm developer relations team with requests for putting SecuStore into featured apps!

We are conviced that webOS is the best mobile OS out there and we have faith that with HP's patronage it will be a lot more successful in the future than it is now (even though probably nowbody will want to install a password manager on a printer ). So we will continue to try to improve webOS in the way we can - by making great apps!
    Last edited by Maggun; 09/04/2010 at 03:01 AM.
    I have been enjoying the beta version of this software for a while now, and would like to move my existing set over to the lite version. I there a way to migrate data from the beta to the lite version?

Also, in regards to the low number of downloads secustore has received in the app store, the price is (I believe) prohibitively high for the full app. Had the full app been in the range of $1.99 I would most likely have bought it right away. At that price-point you are far more likely to get many more users purchasing this fine app.
  18.    #198  
    It is not possible to transfer data from beta to lite. This is because the lite version is not meant as a successor of the beta version. If you want to to access your existing data you can simply continue to use the beta version. Only adding and editing Sets and Items and most of the advanced features are deactivated.

Setting a lower price for the full version might have resulted in higher download numbers. Keep in mind however that the revenue is the product of both the price and the download count (;

Remember that a password manager is not the kind of application that is bought impulsively. People specifically look for this kind of app. And if I had to choose depending on price and quality I'd definetely choose the better application rather than the cheaper one, at least when it comes to security.
    I have being looking for something like this but did not realize this app existed till today's feature on Pre Central. I have downloaded and love it. Keep up the great work.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    If I can get desktop sync & import from SplashID desktop (the latter seems possible but I haven't tested yet) - or even continue using SplashID desktop - I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I just downloaded Lite to try it out