Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New version of switcharoo. This one pulls images from a server rather than from your phone, so as to make palm happy. (no more MediaDB!)

This will download and import images once a day, and then switch on a schedule just like the other one. Bunch-o image categories that can be turned on or off. Tons-o images on the server.

Check it out here
    Access Denied

Sorry, looks like you were trying to access a page you ought not be. Perhaps you need to log in?
    If you have arrived on this page because you tried to register on our forums, you're seeing it because you're already logged-in on the front page. You don't need to register twice to log into the forums, just use the same username and password you do on the front page.
    If you're stuck, head on back to our home page or you could also give search a try.
    I get the same thing and I made sure I was logged in then tried it again to no avail.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    I get the same thing and I made sure I was logged in then tried it again to no avail.
    They have to post it. Give it a bit and try again, or just wait for it to show up in the list of recent apps on the home page of precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    New version of switcharoo. This one pulls images from a server rather than from your phone, so as to make palm happy. (no more MediaDB!)
    That really blows that Palm made you do that. Doesn't kill the coolness of the app, but I'd prefer to point to a local set of images.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That really blows that Palm made you do that. Doesn't kill the coolness of the app, but I'd prefer to point to a local set of images.
    The plan is once they open up that functionality, I will make the app do both.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    it would be sweet if we could define a web drectory of our own. looks great though

maybe you could set up a site where people could upload their own images and the app pulls from there.

Thanks
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    it would be sweet if we could define a web drectory of our own. looks great though

maybe you could set up a site where people could upload their own images and the app pulls from there.

Thanks
    We've talked about how cool it would be to be able to pull from picasa or flickr or something. But that is a ways off.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Really enjoy this version, thanks for your work. I am currently using the "textures" directory and there are some great images! Would it be possible to share where you've gotten some of the images in case we would like to save them for later use? Also, do you have a price in mind for when it hits the catalog?
    hello, is it possible to save the downloaded wallpaper?
  11. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    The plan is once they open up that functionality, I will make the app do both.
    Not only do they release a half ***** SDK, but now bind you to crippling your application, this leaves a very sour taste and I'm seriously considering leaving Palm all together.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PALM!!!!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Really enjoy this version, thanks for your work. I am currently using the "textures" directory and there are some great images! Would it be possible to share where you've gotten some of the images in case we would like to save them for later use? Also, do you have a price in mind for when it hits the catalog?
    Got many of the good ones here: iDesign * iPhone - Free iPhone Wallpapers & Free iPhone Backgrounds. Updated Daily! They continually have great wallpapers.

The plan is $2.50, which we hope will also cover our bandwidth costs for transferring all the images.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    hello, is it possible to save the downloaded wallpaper?
    Well... sorta. We delete the downloaded wallpaper after it has been imported to save space, and to limit any liability for copyrighted images.

However, you can always connect up your phone to your computer, and browse into the hidden .wallpaper folder. (in windows just add ".wallpapers" to the address bar) and copy any existing images to your computer.

However, you will only ever see the latest batch of images downloaded.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    Not only do they release a half ***** SDK, but now bind you to crippling your application, this leaves a very sour taste and I'm seriously considering leaving Palm all together.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PALM!!!!!
    I hear ya, but I think I am a little more forgiving. I mean it took Apple a year to release their SDK at all and even now you can only use it on a mac.

For a struggling little company I think they are doing remarkable. Things are not ideal, but they are continually getting better. And so far they have made choices that allow them to mostly manage growth and properly scale, while at the same time allowing an amazing amount of openness. They dont care a lick that switcharoo with the "reserved" functionality is available through homebrew.

Mostly I am just hoping that I can get the new version accepted into the app catalog as soon as possible, and start making some cash from it! Cause then it justifies other WebOS projects.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am loving this version..

Thanks a ton!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I don't see Switcharoo Live in the app catalog and I just downloaded and installed the demo / homebrew version today. Any idea when this will be up in the App Catalog?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by markdinh View Post
    I don't see Switcharoo Live in the app catalog and I just downloaded and installed the demo / homebrew version today. Any idea when this will be up in the App Catalog?
    I am hoping any time. It has been in review for a while. I had to do one minor modification, and I think that is all it will need and it should go right in.

However, that is the demo version. That haven't even started looking at the full version yet. Although it is just the same as the demo version, it just doesn't limit how many images it can get, so if I get the same reviewer, maybe it will be quick.

B
    Boydell:

Love the program, but having a problem. I dl'ed the version from the app catalog, and it worked fine for a few days, but then kept cycling through the same four or five images (I have it on the quickest wallpaper switch, but I'd like it if <feature request>you could go back to including the very short increments, e.g., 5 mins., 15 mins. I have a short attention span.</feature request>). I tried deleting the program, but the last image showed by Switcheroo remains as my wallpaper (where are those images stored?). The app catalog has been down today, so I haven't been able to reinstall, but I just wanted to let you know about this possible bug.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I believe that's a limitation of the demo (to cycle through the same images after Nov 15th). I have my $$$ ready to pay for the full, unrestricted app and am just waiting for it's release :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Boydell:

Love the program, but having a problem. I dl'ed the version from the app catalog, and it worked fine for a few days, but then kept cycling through the same four or five images (I have it on the quickest wallpaper switch, but I'd like it if <feature request>you could go back to including the very short increments, e.g., 5 mins., 15 mins. I have a short attention span.</feature request>). I tried deleting the program, but the last image showed by Switcheroo remains as my wallpaper (where are those images stored?). The app catalog has been down today, so I haven't been able to reinstall, but I just wanted to let you know about this possible bug.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Boydell:

Quote Originally Posted by markdinh View Post
    I believe that's a limitation of the demo (to cycle through the same images after Nov 15th). I have my $$$ ready to pay for the full, unrestricted app and am just waiting for it's release :-)
    It is a limitation of the demo. However, you can get the latest version from the homebrew repository and it has been pushed to expire dec 1st, after which it will be limited to 10 images.

The full version is in the review process, hoping to see it any day now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast