Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loving this version so far. However, I would like to make a suggestion/request; I don't know you method of getting the images onto your server, but I think setting up some sort of rss image feed would be awesome. Extending this feature to the user, so I would be able to select my specific source instead of just relying on whatever you have on your server. At least it would mean we always have fresh images to cycle through.
    Bought it as soon as I saw it in the App Catalog.

Suggestion: Have the ability to select how many images to download daily. Seems to only download 5. Would love to be able to download 12 or 24 so that I don't see the same image multiple times in the day. That's one advantage to the Homebrew Free version when you can cycle though all the images on your phone.
    Bought this the other day, thought I'd be disappointed not being able to use my own images -- but so far I've been very happy with what I've seen. I'd like it to cycle a little faster, but I can live with this right now.

Congrats! Job well done!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Bought this the second I saw it, if for nothing else but to encourage support for both versions.

Thoughts on the "Live" one;

• Please consider changing the icon a bit: I have both Live and Local(Free) on my phone and it's tricky to remember which is which. I don't run them simultaneously of course, but there are times when I want some of my local stuff to cycle instead of OTA content.
    • Preview functionality for "Categories." I don't know if "Cute" means "fuzzy kittens playing with yarn" or "Pretty girls that might get me in trouble at work," so being able to see a preview of what to expect from a list would be nice.
    • If the previous poster was accurate and it only pulls down 5 images a day, please increase this. One option might be that you base the # of images on the Switch Timing.
    • WISHLIST: It'd be awesome if you could setup a listener for a key sequence, say "Orange+Sym+N" that would swap to the next background.

I was an original adopter of the "hack your cron task to switch your backgrounds," and grabbed your app the day it released to the forums; Thank you, from the CPU of my Pre, for working on this app.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Loving this version so far. However, I would like to make a suggestion/request; I don't know you method of getting the images onto your server, but I think setting up some sort of rss image feed would be awesome. Extending this feature to the user, so I would be able to select my specific source instead of just relying on whatever you have on your server. At least it would mean we always have fresh images to cycle through.
    So as to keep it easy, the images are just stored in folders, with a script that tells the app the next available image in a folder.

However, we are looking at what it would take to be able to connect the app to other sources, like picasa or flikr, and we can look at rss feeds at the same time.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    Bought it as soon as I saw it in the App Catalog.

Suggestion: Have the ability to select how many images to download daily. Seems to only download 5. Would love to be able to download 12 or 24 so that I don't see the same image multiple times in the day. That's one advantage to the Homebrew Free version when you can cycle though all the images on your phone.
    It starts with 5, but then on the schedule it downloads as many as it needs for one day of switching up to 24.

However, the new version that should soon be released starts with 12 (that are already part of the app so you dont have to download them first) and will download up to 50 images... As well as other features.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Bought this the second I saw it, if for nothing else but to encourage support for both versions.

Thoughts on the "Live" one;

• Please consider changing the icon a bit: I have both Live and Local(Free) on my phone and it's tricky to remember which is which. I don't run them simultaneously of course, but there are times when I want some of my local stuff to cycle instead of OTA content.
    • Preview functionality for "Categories." I don't know if "Cute" means "fuzzy kittens playing with yarn" or "Pretty girls that might get me in trouble at work," so being able to see a preview of what to expect from a list would be nice.
    • If the previous poster was accurate and it only pulls down 5 images a day, please increase this. One option might be that you base the # of images on the Switch Timing.
    • WISHLIST: It'd be awesome if you could setup a listener for a key sequence, say "Orange+Sym+N" that would swap to the next background.

I was an original adopter of the "hack your cron task to switch your backgrounds," and grabbed your app the day it released to the forums; Thank you, from the CPU of my Pre, for working on this app.
    Good ideas, all. However, your wishlist item is not really possible since the app doesn't actually stick around in the background, but gets called up by the timeout daemon when it is time to switch or download. And we can't really leave it running because there are some garbage collection issues with the current version of the OS that make it so if the app says running it eats up more memory with every switch.

However, awesome ideas. Looking now at how hard it would be to implement little image thumbs on each category, or even a preview window.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Awesome preview on the "Choose Image Categories." I hope more devs pick up on that functionality because I think it looks really slick.

Great to hear about the adjustments to the image cache. I've been seeing a bit more variety as of late (1 hour rotation) and have been showing off the some of the images. People enjoy seeing the app work.

I hope someday devs will be able to setup passive listeners to capture key sequences, but it might take a unofficial patch to open that up...

Lastly, have a question. You added a feature called "Switch after 11pm" and defaulted it to "Off" I'm guessing that's to tell the app to "Stop switching at night time," but my question is "When does night time end for the app?" I couldn't find another thread on this app, so sorry if this is a repeat question.
    I just downloaded your Homebrew version. I didn't know there was another in the App Cat. Anyway, it works beautifully. However, I also use the app, Nodoz, to keep the screen active and ever since loading Switcheroo, the Nodoz app does not work. Do you know if there is a way to run both apps simultaneously? Thanks very much for your help!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just have to share this--

I have an RX-7 I occasionally drive, and sometimes people ask me how the Wankel motor works.
    a guy at work asked me about it, and I pulled out the phone to look up a picture of a rotor and housing.
    there was a pic of it on the background!!!!!!!!

I really like this program!!

suggestion--
    make the "no switching" time changeable.
    I work evenings, and usually sleep 2am-11am
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Stearns View Post
    I just downloaded your Homebrew version. I didn't know there was another in the App Cat. Anyway, it works beautifully. However, I also use the app, Nodoz, to keep the screen active and ever since loading Switcheroo, the Nodoz app does not work. Do you know if there is a way to run both apps simultaneously? Thanks very much for your help!
    This may be considered a work-around, but there are patches available which will allow you to

A) Enable a "Never" option for "Turn off After" in Screen & Lock
    B) Detect "Charge Mode," and automatically adjust the "Turn Off After" to the highest possible value

With Palm's latest adjustment to how WiFi works (i.e. stays on when the screen is off), you should have everything you need without NoDoze!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12