Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1439
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1361  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    is this the original one or the Native pReader?
    Just as a heads up - pReader seems to work fine on the Pre3, but it's not enabled in the App Catalog. It would be nice to be able to get it from there - now I pulled it off a Veer ;-)
  2. #1362  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnatau View Post
    Just as a heads up - pReader seems to work fine on the Pre3, but it's not enabled in the App Catalog. It would be nice to be able to get it from there - now I pulled it off a Veer ;-)
    You can get it from preware or the first post of this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-homebrew-apps/274511-preader-native-alpha-release.html

    Jappus has said that the App Catalog version will be replaced with the native version fairly soon.
  3. #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    You can get it from preware or the first post of this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html

    Jappus has said that the App Catalog version will be replaced with the native version fairly soon.
    No, you can't - only the native version is available, and with that one I'm experiencing rendering issues (which I assumed had already been reported, as I have been seeing them on a Veer, too).

    If not, a very short description: The page is overlaid with another page in a "flickering" fashion, i.e. very short bursts of overlay. I tried disabling the prefetching, but this didn't help.
  4. #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnatau View Post
    No, you can't - only the native version is available, and with that one I'm experiencing rendering issues (which I assumed had already been reported, as I have been seeing them on a Veer, too).

    If not, a very short description: The page is overlaid with another page in a "flickering" fashion, i.e. very short bursts of overlay. I tried disabling the prefetching, but this didn't help.
    The regular pReader (non native) _is_ available in the first post. Tap on the Sourceforge link near the bottom of the post, tap the files tab, then tap to download the pReader .ipk. the non native ones are at the bottom of the list.
  5. #1365  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    The regular pReader (non native) _is_ available in the first post. Tap on the Sourceforge link near the bottom of the post, tap the files tab, then tap to download the pReader .ipk. the non native ones are at the bottom of the list.
    Okay, yeah, I didn't really get that part - my reply was only in reference to the preware possibilty. Sorry about that.
    However, it's not in the app catalog for the Pre3, which is what my original post was all about.
  6. #1366  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnatau View Post
    Okay, yeah, I didn't really get that part - my reply was only in reference to the preware possibilty. Sorry about that.
    However, it's not in the app catalog for the Pre3, which is what my original post was all about.
    Just thought of another potential issue. What country are you in? Particularly, what country is your phone activated as? That could effect what you do and do not see in the App Catalog.

    The native version of pReader isn't available in the App Catalog for any device - only from the thread & preware. The non native version should appear in the App Catalog for all devices. If it isn't, jappus will have to update the meta data with HP.

    In the mean time, if you want to install the non native version without any hoops to jump through, just go to the Sourceforge link in the first post using the web browser on your device. You'll come to a page with several versions of pReader listed. Towards the bottom you will see the non native ones. Tap on the one with the highest version number & preware or Internalz will open to install it for you. This assumes you have either preware or Internalz installed.
  7. #1367  
    @jappus can you check the meta data for pReader in the App Catalog? A user is reporting it isn't showing up in the App Catalog on his Pre 3.
  8.    #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @jappus can you check the meta data for pReader in the App Catalog? A user is reporting it isn't showing up in the App Catalog on his Pre 3.
    Yes, I just checked the metadata, and indeed the checkbox for the Pre3 is unchecked. Curious, I thought it'd be auto-checked if the TouchPad box was already checked.

    Anyway, I'll check the box this evening after I've added the one line of HTML code to enable full-screen mode on the Pre3, too.


    Thanks!
  9. #1369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Yes, I just checked the metadata, and indeed the checkbox for the Pre3 is unchecked. Curious, I thought it'd be auto-checked if the TouchPad box was already checked.

    Anyway, I'll check the box this evening after I've added the one line of HTML code to enable full-screen mode on the Pre3, too.


    Thanks!
    I dunno if you already had a chance to update this, but on my AT&T Pre 3, running 2.2.3 build 2207, it's still not showing up in the App Catalog. Figured I'd post just in case there was some other problem preventing it from showing up.
  10. #1370  
    hi all

    first of all thanks a million for your wonderful app that makes my touchpad more adorable.

    I recently found something funny when I tried to import txt ebooks. when i have more then 15 ebooks imported, i can not import anymore. the import process looks ok. but the 16th is not showing in library at all.

    also, is there anyone know how to exit from a full screen mode while reading? I accidentally set up the full screen while reading. and now when I open the app, it goes to the previously opened book automatically and i can not go back to library screen anymore.

    thanks in advance,

    F
  11. #1371  
    To get out of full screen mode, just tap & hold in the middle of the screen and the menu will appear in a moment.
    vanzanthp likes this.
  12. #1372  
    After the most recent update (0.8.21, for Pre3 compatibility) all books I had loaded into pReader are now gone (about 200 total), and the app hangs on the load screen with the spinning wheel every time I try to add a book. I'm running webOS 3.0.4 on a TouchPad.

    I tried removing the app and re-downloading it, but no dice.
  13.    #1373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esheon View Post
    After the most recent update (0.8.21, for Pre3 compatibility) all books I had loaded into pReader are now gone (about 200 total), and the app hangs on the load screen with the spinning wheel every time I try to add a book. I'm running webOS 3.0.4 on a TouchPad.

    I tried removing the app and re-downloading it, but no dice.
    Mhhhm, I get an awful lot of those bug reports concerning failed starts, failed imports or general crashes, and they're all exclusively reported for the TouchPad. And almost everyone mentions the recent 3.0.4 update.

    It seems that something broke in that WebOS update that interacts badly with the pReader. I'll take a gander at it later today and see what I can do.
  14. #1374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Mhhhm, I get an awful lot of those bug reports concerning failed starts, failed imports or general crashes, and they're all exclusively reported for the TouchPad. And almost everyone mentions the recent 3.0.4 update.

    It seems that something broke in that WebOS update that interacts badly with the pReader. I'll take a gander at it later today and see what I can do.
    I discovered today that I can add books in .txt format to pReader. When I try to load files in epub, mobi, or prc format, it just hangs on the spinning wheel and never fills the progress bar (and I let it run for 10 minutes). I don't have any kindle files to try.

    I'm looking forward to getting it working again... pReader is definitely my favourite e-reader app.
    Last edited by Esheon; 10/24/2011 at 05:01 AM. Reason: incorrect assumption
  15. mrbears's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Mhhhm, I get an awful lot of those bug reports concerning failed starts, failed imports or general crashes, and they're all exclusively reported for the TouchPad. And almost everyone mentions the recent 3.0.4 update.

    It seems that something broke in that WebOS update that interacts badly with the pReader. I'll take a gander at it later today and see what I can do.
    Hi,

    I am running preader on WebOS 3.0.4 on TouchPad.

    I have tried to load a ePub book, which is about 600 pages. How long would you expect it to take to load? It has taken me 8 hours so far and basicly it is loading line by line, it seems, as I can see it with my eyes. Am I doing something wrong?
  16.    #1376  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Hi,

    I am running preader on WebOS 3.0.4 on TouchPad.

    I have tried to load a ePub book, which is about 600 pages. How long would you expect it to take to load? It has taken me 8 hours so far and basicly it is loading line by line, it seems, as I can see it with my eyes. Am I doing something wrong?
    Everything above a few minutes is too much. Basically, the old pReader handles something like 10kB/s, so a 300kB large file that consists of mostly text needs roughly half a minute to import.

    A simple way to tell whether the application crashed is the following set of circumstances: The progress bar has not filled yet and the spinner spins really smoothly; or, the progress bar has started to fill on a steady pace but now stopped for a few tens of seconds.

    Basically, before the progress bar moves, the app should be so busy, that the spinner will move really choppy. As soon as the progress bar fills, it should fill consistently with the same speed and the spinner should move more smoothly.

    If any of this does not hold, the app has probably crashed.


    By the way, the new native alpha that you can get though PreWare actually only needs a few seconds to import a file and also allows you bulk-imports. Furthermore, it has support for a two-page layout and some other nifty things. On top of that, it can co-exist peacefully with the "old" pReader.

    Of course, as it is an alpha/early-beta version, it might not work right, but it should be worth a try nonetheless.
  17. #1377  
    Same problem on my Touchpad 3.0.4. No matter which version I use (appstore/native) I just get a spinning wheel when I try to add an ebook (epub/mobi) to my library. In addition I have also had some trouble with the native version refusing to launch beyond the "Initializing..." screen. A device restart fixed that though.
  18. pmgreen11's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1378  
    I can open and use preader perfectly, but when am done and close out. It hangs and doesn't open. A reboot is required every-time, is that normal?
  19.    #1379  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgreen11 View Post
    I can open and use preader perfectly, but when am done and close out. It hangs and doesn't open. A reboot is required every-time, is that normal?
    If you're using WebOS 3.0.4 on a TouchPad, unfortunately yes. There's a very nasty bug in the new WebOS revision which not only prevents the pReader from loading up again, but also causes PreWare to fail and the WebOS launcher to max out the CPU with 90-100% usage.

    I hope to fix this bug in the next few days when my TouchPad finally arrives.
  20. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #1380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    I hope to fix this bug in the next few days when my TouchPad finally arrives.
    Congrats that you was able to get one. So the dev will go on I'm happy. Thanks for all you work.

    HaPe

Posting Permissions