Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1439
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1301  
    I've had preader since it was first available, but I'd never really used it. I just found out my library will let you check out books on line at Digital Downloads . I'm happy to say I was able to down load the protected prc and read it in preader. The pre said I couldn't open the file, but I was able to download it and then when I opened preader it found it and I can view it. I'm prompted for a keyring password. I have no idea what this is or where I find it, but I clicked cancel and the book was in my library anyway. Thanks for a great app. I'm just sorry it took so long for me to try it out. Hopefully we will get the pre three with a larger screen to make this even better. I like how you have larger font sizes available also.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  2. #1302  
    What happened? A month's worth of posts disappeared.
  3. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    What happened? A month's worth of posts disappeared.
    I think you should look at the native alpha version of pReader, this is where chances are happening.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html

    HaPe
  4. #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I think you should look at the native alpha version of pReader, this is where chances are happening.
    [url]

    HaPe
    Doh! Didn't even notice. Whenever I see pReader I assume it's going to be the native thread.
  5.    #1305  
    Really good news, everyone!

    I've just read a very helpful article that outlined how a Mojo-app can enable fullscreen support on TouchPad devices. Some few altered lines of code later, and I arrived at a version of the pReader that is able to be used at full screen. And judging from the Emulator, it really does work.

    I've just uploaded the new version to the AppCatalog, so it should filter down to you guys shortly.

    By the way: The native alpha will receive the same fix with the next version.

    By the way #2: Another developer has graciously offered to port the pReader GUI from Mojo to Enyo. That means that there's a good chance of the pReader soon looking even better than now (not that that's exactly hard to achieve, given my continued ignorance of what a sleek and flashy GUI should look like. )
    bevcraw, mespiff and rgloor like this.
  6. #1306  
    I'm having a hard time getting my nook books on this thing...is there something I'm missing?
  7. #1307  
    Jappus thanks so much for all of your hard work - I have both this version and the native one installed on my touchpad - I cannot wait until these updates hit me.
    thanks again - can I donate to your cause in some way?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  8. #1308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting my nook books on this thing...is there something I'm missing?
    Do your book files have a .pdb extension? If so, when you first open them, enter your name & credit card number EXACTLY as you used to purchase the books. Capitalization matters & no spaces in the credit card number.

    I don't think pReader supports B&N's newer epub encryption. If you have access to a Mac, that version of nook Reader still downloads books as pdbs.
  9. #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Jappus thanks so much for all of your hard work - I have both this version and the native one installed on my touchpad - I cannot wait until these updates hit me.
    thanks again - can I donate to your cause in some way?
    In the first post, jappus has links to donate in a couple of currencies.
  10.    #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I don't think pReader supports B&N's newer epub encryption. If you have access to a Mac, that version of nook Reader still downloads books as pdbs.
    Yup, at the moment neither the old nor the new alpha version of the pReader support B&N's ePub DRM.

    BUT! Contrary to Adobe's original ePub DRM, B&N's DRM method is known and as soon as I get around to implement it, the future native version of the pReader should support them directly.
  11. #1311  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Do your book files have a .pdb extension? If so, when you first open them, enter your name & credit card number EXACTLY as you used to purchase the books. Capitalization matters & no spaces in the credit card number.

    I don't think pReader supports B&N's newer epub encryption. If you have access to a Mac, that version of nook Reader still downloads books as pdbs.
    Thanks for this tip. I was finally able to download my previously purchased books in pdb's again. I just used a user agent switcher addon in firefox (pretended to be safari 5) and downloaded. I didn't have to use my daughter's Mac.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  12. Janir's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1312  
    The dropdown menu doesn't seem to work to access a back button in lieu of a rear swipe when adding to the library. Something for you to look at, but jn any case awesome job with the app. Its a favorite of mine for my Pre and now a webos 3 update :-)
  13. #1313  
    works for epub files but there seem to be conversion issues. Have got € and signs all over the page. Is this known, and is there a fix in works?
  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amdo View Post
    works for epub files but there seem to be conversion issues. Have got and signs all over the page. Is this known, and is there a fix in works?
    bring down the drop down menu and change the encoding to utf-8
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. wla2000's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #1315  
    Thanks for the update. It looks beautiful on my Touchpad. Who needs the Enyo conversion?

    But I have two comments for you. One is that I like to set my background to black and my foreground text color to white. With your "back" button changes, I can make that setting and have it get applied. However, when I run the "find" task, the background of the "find" card was black (per my setting, I guess), but the text color appears also to be black, so I couldn't see what I'm typing or what the results are.

    That was last night. I tried it again just now and the "find" task works OK, with a white background and black text. I guess it's an intermittent problem! Good luck fixing that one.

    The second issue is one you're probably already aware of, and probably have assigned a low priority to it, but here it is: I generally like to read in landscape orientation, primarily because the HP case I have works best that way. (The case props the book up in my lap so I don't have to hold it, completely negating any device weight issue that iPad enthusiasts might tout). But when I go into utility cards like "find" the orientation is forced to portrait mode, so I have to rotate the device to see what's going on.

    Thanks again for a great program. Now that we have Kindle and pReader, I can read books I buy in the Kindle app, and books from the public library in pReader.

    I'll be donating to your Paypal cause (again) shortly!
  16. Neitzl's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #1316  
    uhm...so I dont really want to read 65 pages of posts...but....every mobi file I load the " turns into a Euro sign. Very distracting. Is there a fix? Thanks
  17. #1317  
    I love this app. I had it on my PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $now$ $on$ $my$ $Touchpad$. $However$, $I$ $cannot$ $get$ $any$ $of$ $my$ $epub$ $books$ $to$ $load$. $I$ $have$ $only$ $successfully$ $been$ $able$ $to$ $add$ $books$ $I$ $have$ $downloaded$ $directly$ $from$ $a$ $browser$ $window$ $at$ $projectgutenberg$. $What$ $am$ $I$ $doing$ $wrong$ $that$ $they$ $cannot$ $be$ $found$ $on$ $the$ $Touchpad$'$s$ $storage$? $Is$ $there$ $a$ $directory$ $I$ $should$ $use$? $They$ $are$ $non$-$DRM$ $epub$ $files$, $none$ $over$ .$75MB$.

    Any ideas?
  18. hankbuddy's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    uhm...so I dont really want to read 65 pages of posts...but....every mobi file I load the " turns into a Euro sign. Very distracting. Is there a fix? Thanks
    Try changing the encoding. Otherwise try searching the thread.
  19. #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Yup, at the moment neither the old nor the new alpha version of the pReader support B&N's ePub DRM.

    BUT! Contrary to Adobe's original ePub DRM, B&N's DRM method is known and as soon as I get around to implement it, the future native version of the pReader should support them directly.
    lets get on this jappus! I'm dying over here!
  20. Neitzl's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by hankbuddy View Post
    Try changing the encoding. Otherwise try searching the thread.
    You sir, rock!

Posting Permissions