Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Got latest update on p reader; re-downloaded books from eReader; entered cc I used to day; tried last 4 numbers..still can not open book. error message wrong password or name and then unrecognized format. Please help.
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicity1 View Post
    Got latest update on p reader; re-downloaded books from eReader; entered cc I used to day; tried last 4 numbers..still can not open book. error message wrong password or name and then unrecognized format. Please help.
    Perhaps you've just made a typo up there, but have you tried entering the last 8 characters?

Additionally, please make sure you type your username exactly as you've registered it on the eReader site, using the correct upper/lower case, spacing and punctuation is absolutely necessary. For the eReader code, there's a marked difference between "John Q. Adams", "John Q Adams" and "JOHN Q. ADAMS".
    If you ever get to the point of having nothing more to do on pReader, (yea right) can I ask for a feature. Any way to add the ability to just point to a folder and have the program add all the books in it? That would save a LOT of time. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Will there be any support for pictures in ebooks?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    If you ever get to the point of having nothing more to do on pReader, (yea right) can I ask for a feature. Any way to add the ability to just point to a folder and have the program add all the books in it? That would save a LOT of time. ii
    I'm not the author, but I believe this has been asked before (so you're not alone). Apparently, the Palm API doesn't allow for this. Yet.

Might it someday? Maybe.

Since this app is in the catalog, it's not allowed to use unapproved methods of doing things.
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    As soon as we migrate certain parts of the pReader to the Native PDK, and Palm opens the App Catalog to such apps, the pReader will support bulk-loading your eBooks ... among a heapload of other nifty new things.

But yes, as Squeff pointed out, it's not possible to do that with the SDK we currently use, which is the only one that's allowed in the App Catalog at the moment.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Will there be any support for pictures in ebooks?
    Could you please elaborate this a bit further, because the pReader already does support images in all image-capable formats, be it eReader, MobiPocket, ePub or HTML. Basically, everything should work out-of-the box.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have a Pre and before that had a Treo. I have never had a Mobipocket account yet my Device ID says Mobipocket Device. Could this be why my ereader books are not opening and I am getting the error messages, wrong ID/password?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Could you please elaborate this a bit further, because the pReader already does support images in all image-capable formats, be it eReader, MobiPocket, ePub or HTML. Basically, everything should work out-of-the box.
    Sure, I purchased an ebook for my Nook from B&N and it displayed pictures on the Nook, but no pics on my Pre, just text (It was .pdb format).
    I have never had a Mobipocket account yet my Device ID says Mobipocket Device. Could this be why my ereader books are not opening and I am getting the error messages, wrong ID/password?
    The Device ID is what you use to register Mobipocket books. You give that ID to the store you buy books from.

To open eReader books, you need to enter your name and credit card number EXACTLY as you gave them to the store when you purchased books. The name IS case sensitive (JOHN SMITH is not the same as john smith). Don't forget your middle initial if you gave it to the store. When you enter the credit card number, just enter the numbers with no spaces.

Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I bought a new Mobipocket ebook last night. I wanted to let you know that getting this book into Preader worked perfectly fine I didn't have any problems at all. Thanks, for making this software.
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Sure, I purchased an ebook for my Nook from B&N and it displayed pictures on the Nook, but no pics on my Pre, just text (It was .pdb format).
    Mhhhm, in that case, could you send me the file so that I can inspect it? Just drop me a PM, and I'll give you my E-Mail address.

Thanks!
  13.    #713  
    I have a Pre and before that had a Treo. I have never had a Mobipocket account yet my Device ID says Mobipocket Device. Could this be why my ereader books are not opening and I am getting the error messages, wrong ID/password?
    No, we generate a Device ID even if you don't actually use MobiPocket books. But it has no influence on the eReader decoder, because it's only used by the MobiPocket decoder. As Govotsos has pointed out, eReader files are usually protected with your username and credit card number.

If push comes to shove, there's also the "ereader2html" tool. It's written in Python, so you need a python runtime. With it, you can check whether the file's actually protected with your username/cc number. If it's able to decrypt the file with your data, then there's indeed an error in the pReader code. If it too isn't able to decode it, then there's a problem with your credentials, and you should try re-downloading the file from the site your purchased it from.

And if that also doesn't work, then you should write them an E-Mail that there's something wrong with the file.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I guess I'll just delete the library and start over. Python is beyond my pay grade and when I was about to load it, there was a warning that it could harm my computer. Thanks for the response in any event.
    I guess I'll just delete the library and start over. Python is beyond my pay grade and when I was about to load it, there was a warning that it could harm my computer. Thanks for the response in any event.
    I don't know if you were just being sarcastic, but Python is free. Of course it will tell you it could harm your computer - the same as any programming language. If you run a script that does bad things, your computer could get hurt. It's the same as a virus. Microsoft isn't going to want to get in trouble for providing an API that allowed a virus writer to cause harm to your computer. The ereader2html script is very safe and very useful. You shouldn't shy from it. Give it a try.

Also, did you try entering your unlock info for the eReader books again? Following the instructions I gave you above? Precision is important. If you make a mistake entering the info, you won't be able to read the book. If you think you're entering the right information but it isn't working, go to the store you bought the book from and verify the credentials you used to purchase the book. You'll find that info in the "My Account" sections of the stores. They'll list your whole name as given plus the last 4 digits of the credit card number so you know which card you used.

Good luck,
    Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just wanted to thank the Dev's again for such a great app. I use it all the time. I was so disappointed when no ereader was available out of the gate, so I was so stoked when this showed up. Amazing customer support and drive for perfecting the product. Can't wait to see what you have in store with the PDK!
    I am drawing from memory so I might be wrong but wasn't the date for us to be able to open files larger then 10 mb going to be available this month?
    Back to the "Reading file" error. It was working great until I installed the 800MHz overclock. Now all my apps work EXCEPT pReader. The pdb I was reading - first of the Mossy Creek series, still showed 4% into the book, but will no longer display the book. I uninstalled pReader, power-off reset the Pre, reinstalled pReader, deleted my books and re-copied them from my PC. I added Omnivore's Dilemna and was asked for the credit card name and number, which pReader accepted, but displays the same Reading file screen when I try to load the book. I have webOS 1.4 installed.
    Feature Request - An option I'd really like to see is the ability to control how many linebreaks are generated on the screen when there is a linebreak in the document. For example, I have many PDB files that have a single linebreak after a paragraph, but I find it much easier to read on the Palm if there are two linebreaks after a paragraph. Being able to modify this in the reader would be much easier than modifying the PDBs. At least one, if not more, of the text readers I used on my Palm Tungsten had this feature.

Thanks for such a wonderful program!
    I FINALLY took the time to read through the specifics of this app and realized, to my great joy, that I could port over my existing ebooks onto my Pre+. YIPPEE! OH my word, did this bring me joy. I had three books left on my 755p that I never did get to and it was awesome to know that I could have them with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I did, however, notice an interesting occurrence. Once I loaded all three of them along with my eReader info to "activiate" them, I opened them to make sure they were really there...then closed the app. I then reopened preader and all my books were gone. I had to individually add them to library all over again, along with my my eReader activation information for each one. This time, I decided to open each book, scroll several pages into each and bookmark a point in the three books. When I closed and opened the app the next time, each book was still listed in the library. Anyone else ever experience this?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.