Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    it's util.jsjsjs $in$

Download JSXGraph from SourceForge.net

there's also a gsunzip.jsjsjs $in$ $there$ $with$ $a$ $lot$ $more$ $debugging$ $code$, $but$ $the$ $util$.$js$ $is$ $the$ $one$ $you$ $want$.

I haven't had a chance to try it tonight, but it looks VERY cleanly written and considering how well V8 optimizes well written code, I remain hopeful.

Honestly, for in-memory work like this, my experiance has been that as long as the code is clean without memory leaks and avoids needless globals, v8 compiles javascript to about as efficient code as most java compilers manage.
    can i request support for iSilo books (specifically medical books) that are in pdb form? Been trying to open it in the latest version but still no go...

I would definitely buy if that happens.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Sure. It complicates a few things, but it's possible. Afterall, the scrolling mode you're used to is actually vastly simpler than the one I implemented. (Which is, if you ask me, still the only thing that's actually better about it. )

I think I'll add it as an optional mode in the next version.
    Thanks again! I've been using your scrolling mode and I am getting used to it. Not prepared to convert though, so I am looking forward to the next big update!

Are you sure you don't want or need any donations for your work? A little something to say "thank you" would not hurt nor would it undermine your strongly held notions of the right to free speech. Think about it. There are many of us that are incredibly thankful for what you've accomplished here.
    I just downloaded the Popelli reader and I can't open my books from eReader which are pdb files. I guess I made a big mistake and now have no use for this program. I don't suppose they refund money.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    can i request support for iSilo books (specifically medical books) that are in pdb form? Been trying to open it in the latest version but still no go...

I would definitely buy if that happens.
    Isilo is an unpublished proprietary format. Supporting it is therefore "difficult"
    Quote Originally Posted by nkthornton View Post
    I just downloaded the Popelli reader and I can't open my books from eReader which are pdb files. I guess I made a big mistake and now have no use for this program. I don't suppose they refund money.
    Popelli reader and preader are two different programs, you posted in the wrong thread, or downloaded the wrong program

Popelli reader doesn't do drm ereader preader does. Ooooops.
    I started using pReader with v0.6.4 when DRM support was added. Again, thank you! I immediately loaded three books into the pReader library, unlocked the DRM, modified the metadata and added bookmarks to one. When I noticed the 0.6.5 upgrade yesterday I immediately applied it. At that point, pReader reset the library. Only the active book remained in the library. It remained unlocked but the metadata was reset back to default. I added the missing two books back to the library, and again updated the metadata and bookmarks without a problem. Will I have to go through this every time pReader upgrades?
    Hello and sorry for my English.

I been trying to open a Vademecum file (.prc, Mobipocket format) since you came out with the reader, and with the last update it was the first time the program started to open mi VDEMECUM.prc.
    I leaved it out charging hoping this morning the process will be finishd but not even on half of it (weights about 3,5 Mb).
    Unfortunaly with out intention i close de aplication while it was working.
    After that, it didnīt open this book again, the PRE just freeze and i have to Reset it.

Any sugestion??

I already tryed to rename it, unistall and reinstall and nothing.

I also haver a punch of others books in .pdb format (Isilo). THANKS
    I've just read through all 12 pages of this thread and have to say how impressed I am, not just by the preader program but by the way you have dealt with all the various questions, requests and explanations of what you are doing and how you are doing it. I'm in awe.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @Jappus -

When you migrate away from Depot, will there be some way to get rid of the detritus that's left behind? It would be nice to recover any wasted space...

Thanks and regards,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    When you migrate away from Depot, will there be some way to get rid of the detritus that's left behind? It would be nice to recover any wasted space...
    I'll see what I can do about automatic removal, but the surest way is the manual one. Connect your Pre/Pixi to your PC and delete the "_file_[...]_pReader" folder in the hidden ".app-storage" folder.

That'll reset everything but your preferences (text size, colour, etc.).
    I just started with this app. I'm thrilled to have a proper WebOS reader, so thank you!

A couple of issues -- after failing to get a larger (1.1 mb) mobi files to work, I converted it to .pdb. I can now load the book, but when I start the program and click on the book, there is an ominously long pause before the book opens (going directly to the book was even more dodgy, so I disabled that in preferences). It would be nice to have some kind of visual indication (like an hourglass) that the book is loading, or whatever, so you know the program hasn't frozen up.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Acting really flaky. Sometimes no books appear, sometimes cannot open, sometimes leaves book and goes back to opening screen. I have stopped using it and gone back to
    Classic. Hope next version corrects this.
    Laissez Faire
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    A couple of issues -- after failing to get a larger (1.1 mb) mobi files to work, I converted it to .pdb. I can now load the book, but when I start the program and click on the book, there is an ominously long pause before the book opens (going directly to the book was even more dodgy, so I disabled that in preferences). It would be nice to have some kind of visual indication (like an hourglass) that the book is loading, or whatever, so you know the program hasn't frozen up.
    Usually, the loading of a book should take under a second.

Unfortunately, the current version v0.6.5 still uses the WebOS Depot API which dramatically slows things down as soon as you've got a halfway decent number of books in the library.

My internal v0.7.0 has switched to the "native" sqlite interface and behaves much, much better. I think that pretty much all the problems that were reported on this and the last few pages can be directly traced back to the Depot API.

Therefore, I expect that most of the problems will be fixed when I release v0.7.0. For example, I've just added 30 PalmDOC books, 10 large TXT files (>1MB), 5 MobiPocket books and 5 eReader books on my Pre, without a single crash or any sign of an unusual slowdown. Before I release v0.7.0 though, I'll really torture test it. I'll not rest till it can deal with 100+ books without a hitch.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Please!!!!! Add support for iSilo books!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!! I Have over 1000 books.... Please!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    I'll see what I can do about automatic removal, but the surest way is the manual one. Connect your Pre/Pixi to your PC and delete the "_file_[...]_pReader" folder in the hidden ".app-storage" folder.

That'll reset everything but your preferences (text size, colour, etc.).
    That's cool, thanks. I'd thought everything was stuck in some centralized .db3 file in /var/usr or somesuch. Piece of cake.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kablin View Post
    Please!!!!! Add support for iSilo books!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!! I Have over 1000 books.... Please!!!!!!!!!
    As Rick has pointed out above, the iSilo format is a closed, proprietary format. But what I (or anyone else who feels up to the task) need is open documentation of the format. Furthermore, since the pReader is GPLed, whatever is implemented in it will be openly documented.

But of all the formats out there, iSilo is pretty much the epitome of closedness. If you look at this conversion matrix, you'll notice that pretty much every other format has at least one converter that exports it to another format.

Not so iSilo. The makers of that format, and the publishers who sell books in it are both very keen on keeping the format closed. So well, without a dramatic shift on the side of the iSilo makers, pReader probably won't be able to support it.

Well, except if anyone of you feels up to the task to reverse-engineer the format and put the resulting docs under a free license.
    Thanks for your work! I was wondering if this program can support dictionary look-up. I think it would be nice if double-clicking a word shows a small box, like Microsoft Word auto-correction option, and clicking that small box spawns a dictionary window.

It seems there are several good web-based dictionaries; so, I think what this program needs to do is to generate a proper URL, and spawn a web browser for that URL. I think it would be wonderful if a small window pops up in the same card, but it is also fine if a new card appears.

Dictionary Tooltip plugin for Mozilla Firefox works like this, and I think this is most convenient.
    Regarding isilo, they have been very very very clear that they regard isilo as a write-only format. There is no mechanism for getting data _out_ of an isilo book.

In -theory- you could run the windows reader for isilo and troll through ram looking for your unencrypted book, but don't count on it working.

The official position of isilo is that if the publishers wanted to publish their material in some format other than isilo, they would make that format available to you from the publisher, and it isn't isilo's business to second guess publishers like that. In other words, regarding getting any help from isilo on their format, the answer is "no."

I suppose you could take the android isilo client, and pull the classes out of the compiled java, and decompile them. Anyone wanting to start in on that project, I can help you with links to android de-compiling email lists. :-) Expect, weeks, possibly months of brain-slogging work.

For those of you who invested in hundreds or thousands of ebooks in a proprietary format that doesn't let you port your books to another format, uh, why did you do that?

Anyway, the short version is, unless some very smart person decides to take this on as their gift to the community, it's unlikely to happen.
    I tried update 6.5, but I lost the last line of my book so I went back to 6.4.