Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    I have a suggestion to add as well. A section for movies I want to see. I have a memo list right now, but it would be more convenient here instead.
    I've added it to my todo list, but I don't know yet how I can make it fit in well.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    I would definately pay for an app that tracked my DVD's and what notebook they were in...I nbr my notebooks and it would be nice to catogorize in s genre field...I have NOTHING now and the old app I used with a palm pilot is not compatible, so I have to re-key like 600 movies and need a WebOs proggy to track...
    I'm in the same situation, more or less, so my next project is a more generic database app.

The next version of Movie Diary will have a section to note that you own a movie and where it is atm.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Great app! Thanks I would like a selection for watching it on NetFlix or Online.
    I've added some more choices for the next version.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmhnde3838 View Post
    It would be sweet if you could link the app to the runpee.com database as well. I like the idea for this app.
    I've taken a look at their site, but I can't find any easy way to integrate with them. So this is probably not going to happen.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    1. Add a "Own it?" field with a checkmark, perhaps also be able to choose whether it's on Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS.
    Done for the next version.

Then in a drop down menu from the main screen you can filter by Owned movies and further by just Blu, DVD, VHS. Then you can press random and there's the movie you can watch that night.

2. More drop down menu sortable features I'd like to see (as mentioned above) would be filter by year and (as others have suggested) filter by rating. The first suggestion would help people remember what movies they've seen in the theater or even rented on DVD in any particular year.
    I'll add more filters in a future version, probably with a selection screen.
    any chance you could add similar things, like a restaurant diary, for this guy, and other things that may be useful to record (is it possible to add a plus button like in tasks?)

Then add a homepage and have "movies, Restaurants, etc." to select from

cheers

edit, link doesnt work?!
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...t-journal.html
    dunno why?, delete the first bit before the second http://
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    any chance you could add similar things, like a restaurant diary, for this guy, and other things that may be useful to record (is it possible to add a plus button like in tasks?)
    It sounds like a cool idea, but at the moment I think it's outside of the scope of this app. I'm going to implement filtering and probably sorting first, and then I should get started on my next app (so I can get rid of my Centro).

That said, that next app might be a good fit for this kind of thing, if I can make it generic enough and provide enough types of fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    I've added some more choices for the next version.
    Thank you so much for the quick updates! You rock!
  9.    #49  
    I've uploaded version 1.1. This has a "Filter" option in the menu, which allows filtering on any field in a number of ways.
    Thank You so much for this...
    great app, my fiance and I like to keep track of seen n waiting to see movies. Is there a chance that on times seen you can put 0 as a option or another way to mark that you haven't seen it yet or its upcoming & you want to see it?
    this is a great and is very handy to keep track of movies i own. i was wondering if you plan on adding a feature that will allow you to keep track of tv shows and programs. i hardly watch them when they appear and just get them when they are on dvd or find them online XD. but sometimes when you are watching 3-6 different shows it gets annoying to have to keep writing them down on sticky notes.......i'm running out of sticky notes and would like to see this app give me the option to add shows so i can say bye bye to sticky notes.
    something that keeps track of show and track which season and which episode last watched. also maybe a check when the series is over/completed.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    great app, my fiance and I like to keep track of seen n waiting to see movies. Is there a chance that on times seen you can put 0 as a option or another way to mark that you haven't seen it yet or its upcoming & you want to see it?
    Done in version 1.1.1.
    Check out Movie Diary.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by seiries View Post
    this is a great and is very handy to keep track of movies i own. i was wondering if you plan on adding a feature that will allow you to keep track of tv shows and programs.
    I'm not sure. I'll keep it in mind and maybe I'll find a good way to integrate it, but I don't know how I would do that yet.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    A feature would be to separate the blu-ray from the standard def dvd players. Maybe an Icon next to the name or something.
    Really, really cool app. The Random feature is a great addition.

Is there any method for importing a list? (I got tons of movies)

Thanks!
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShacker View Post
    A feature would be to separate the blu-ray from the standard def dvd players. Maybe an Icon next to the name or something.
    I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to adding icons (I'm not really good at graphics), but I'll keep it in mind.
    Check out Movie Diary.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Is there any method for importing a list? (I got tons of movies)
    Not yet. It's something I plan to add after I finish my database app (for which I'll need this feature anyway).
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Hi!

I really like your application, once the text file import is implemented I plan to use it on a regular basis. Until then I've got two suggestions:

• Could you change the rating system to 10 stars, to be compatible with IMDb's rating scheme?
    • I'd like to have a chronological view displaying the titles AND seen dates in a list (ascending or descending)
    Love the app.

I have a movie dairy (database) going back to 1992 that I would like to import.

How about using the Google spreadsheet import / export api? That way we can back up to the cloud and restore from the cloud.

For an example of how this works check out the app called Checkbook.

Since you mention that you are writing a database app, (which I am really looking forward to!), I highly recommend that you look into this Google Spreadsheet import / export API.

Thanks in advance
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast