Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    It does sound a little OCD but to each his own....if somebody could just write me an app so I could keep track of how many steps I take to my car everyday that'd be great.

I guess it could be useful if I wanted to jot down notes on what I thought about it, say a little mini review if other people asked me. As for the guy before me, I know the feeling from back when I was dating "remember when we saw that movie? No! That was with your last girlfriend!"...doh!
    This app is great but everytime I enter a movie and then click done annd back out of the app and then go back to it my movies are not there. How do you save the movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    How about adding a random button? Sometimes I spend over a half hour trying to decide which DVD to watch, just hit random and it would pick a movie for you...
    Yes! This would be a great addition. I fall under the same dilemma almost every night. I would love to see this feature added in. Also a way to filter what movies are displayed via the drop-down menu. You can select All, Seen in Theaters, Year, Owned on DVD/Blu-ray, etc. That would make it easy to answer something like what movies did you see in theaters last year. Or what movie should I watch tonight out of the ones I own.

These features would make this app killer, I'd use it literally every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by honda250x1988 View Post
    This app is great but everytime I enter a movie and then click done annd back out of the app and then go back to it my movies are not there. How do you save the movies?
    I have this problem as well. Nothing gets saved when the program is closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    +2
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    How about adding a random button? Sometimes I spend over a half hour trying to decide which DVD to watch, just hit random and it would pick a movie for you...
    It does sound like a nice idea. I'll see what I can do for a future version.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J.bautista23 View Post
    +2
    What version of webOS do you use?

What exactly do you do, step by step?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    Also a way to filter what movies are displayed via the drop-down menu.
    I'm not sure if this is clear, but you can already filter by title by just starting to type. I plan to expand this to other fields, but it would need a good way to determine what you want to filter on (either through preferences or by typing something like "rating:5" in the filter field.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwd40 View Post
    It does sound a little OCD but to each his own....if somebody could just write me an app so I could keep track of how many steps I take to my car everyday that'd be great.
    I was thinking something along those lines while I wrote it, but decided I didn't care
  10.    #30  
    Fixed in version 1.0.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    Fixed in version 1.0.5.
    I have webos 1.2.1 and sprint 1.9 my phone says it is up to date.
    I open app and then click add butten then type movie info and click done.. then I slide the app closed.. then when I click on app the screen is blank and only has the add butten..
    Thanks for the quick reply
    Hi...
    I spent 1 1/2 hours inputting movies yesterday while at Starbucks. came home last evening to show off what I'd done, and Nada, nothing in the movie diary. came here and see that there was a bug for saving. Is the database somewhere that I can retrieve it (media, I think I saw) and if so, how do I access it again in the updated Diary? Or do i have to start all over?
    This is probably answered somewhere...sorry if so.... thanks, debbie
  13.    #33  
    I open app and then click add butten then type movie info and click done.. then I slide the app closed.. then when I click on app the screen is blank and only has the add butten..
    Do you have Movie Diary 1.0.5 (check the about box from the menu)? I just uploaded it this morning.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeskan View Post
    Hi...
    I spent 1 1/2 hours inputting movies yesterday while at Starbucks. came home last evening to show off what I'd done, and Nada, nothing in the movie diary. came here and see that there was a bug for saving. Is the database somewhere that I can retrieve it (media, I think I saw) and if so, how do I access it again in the updated Diary? Or do i have to start all over?
    If there's anything, it will be in the folder ".app-storage" on the Pre's media/usb partition. You'll probably have to tell Windows Explorer (or another program for other operating systems) to show hidden files and folders.

However, the bug was in the save routine and not the load routine, so it's unlikely that anything was saved at all. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    If there's anything, it will be in the folder ".app-storage" on the Pre's media/usb partition. You'll probably have to tell Windows Explorer (or another program for other operating systems) to show hidden files and folders.

However, the bug was in the save routine and not the load routine, so it's unlikely that anything was saved at all. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Appreciate your help...I know this is all Beta and glad you have a fix. This time, tested on one input and all looks great! Look forward to your updates as time goes on. Badly needed for me. I can never remember what I've seen. The notes part is really helpful too.
    I hope you don't mind but I have a bunch of suggestions for this app and I think they would make it a staple for any movie lover:

1. Add a "Own it?" field with a checkmark, perhaps also be able to choose whether it's on Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS. Then in a drop down menu from the main screen you can filter by Owned movies and further by just Blu, DVD, VHS. Then you can press random and there's the movie you can watch that night.

2. More drop down menu sortable features I'd like to see (as mentioned above) would be filter by year and (as others have suggested) filter by rating. The first suggestion would help people remember what movies they've seen in the theater or even rented on DVD in any particular year.

I thought I had more but I guess that's really all. Just a bunch of drop down menu sortable options would be nice. And a way to filter movies that you own.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    It would be sweet if you could link the app to the runpee.com database as well. I like the idea for this app.
    1.0.5 works great for me now. Thanks for the quick fix. I have a suggestion to add as well. A section for movies I want to see. I have a memo list right now, but it would be more convenient here instead.
    Great app! Thanks I would like a selection for watching it on NetFlix or Online.
    I would definately pay for an app that tracked my DVD's and what notebook they were in...I nbr my notebooks and it would be nice to catogorize in s genre field...I have NOTHING now and the old app I used with a palm pilot is not compatible, so I have to re-key like 600 movies and need a WebOs proggy to track...

The most basic of programs would be oober tops for me. If you could combine an inventory tracking program as well as a when you watched/movie diary all in one, you would hit it out of park.

Now, the Movie Diary as is, I can do something with it to track my movies but I have an INSTALL ERROR ...I do need a way to export the data to justify keying in all the movies.

Just updated feeds and got 1.05 and all is well! YOU ROCK!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast