Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey All!

App Catalog Beta Link (preferred): http://developer.palm.com/webChannel...o.graysanatomy

HomeBrew Link: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/grays-anatomy

v0.0.5 Released! (4/20/2010) (version available from the palm Beta feed)

- If an image on a page is tapped it fullscreens and is able to be zoomed in and out. (you can screen shot to save the image)
    - - Proper image saving/including naming saved images coming soon...
    - Links and other annoying things removed from each page
    - Animal Anatomy properly labeled
    - - If a mistake is found, please let me know and I'll relabel them!

v0.0.3 Released! (12/30/2009)

Added Features:
    - Animal Anatomy finally included!
    - - preliminary testing of animal anatomy images included. All 80 images included from the University of Wisconsin Library collection. As of right now, the images are just numbered in a list, there is no proper way to identify what animal image it is. This will hopefully be fixed, with proper labels within the next week.

Warning Images are hi-res, please make sure to have a strong internet connection and wait a couple seconds after clicking links

v0.0.2 Released! (11/29/2009)

Added Features:

- Offline Page Saving Feature!!!
    - - As of right now, the offline page saving feature only saves one page and does not save images
    - Navigation buttons in each page
    - Fixed bug with Landscape Mode not working
    - Cleaned up Help Page with links
    - Added new suggested icons
    - Removed "Brought to you by" information from front page

News (11/5/2009)

Due to overwhelming popular demand (2 people)

The new app icon shall be the Vitruvian Man by Leonardo Da Vinci. It will be included in the next update. Which will most probably only be a minor change here and there and the icon change. Bug Fixes shall follow soon after the update.

v0.0.1 Just released! (11/2/2009)

Features include:

- Search the bartleby database
    - Browse through the entire book by organ systems
    - Help page with contact info

Planned updates (for next release) include:

- Page by page navigation buttons
    - Image viewer: instead of launching a webpage for the "see enlarged image" link, an image viewer would open with the image being scrollable/zoomable

Known bugs:

- Page on "Brain and Encephalon" does not load properly (just back out of it, it is unaccessable, at this point but should be fixed soon)
    - All Roman numerals in the "Browse" page do not open anything. The page retains the "Loading" title and just shows a blank page. Please ignore the Roman Numerals from the Browse list. They SHOULD be removed by next update... If I remember
    - Landscape mode is extremely irritating: if you back out of a page and pick another page, it won't switch to landscape again until the app is closed and relaunched. If anyone has any suggestions for that, please let me know.*Fixed*
    - All pages with tables in them are cut off from the side (run past the screen) and are only viewable in landscape mode. Coupled with the previous bug, becomes very irritating to relaunch app every time to view a new page. I will be working on getting the landscape bug fixed first, and then move over to the table being cutoff in portrait view next.
    - If you find anymore, PLEASE let me know!

Any more ideas?

Please feel free to comment/criticize!

I'd also appreciate if someone can offer me a better icon...

Please post with your suggestions and I'll consider it. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost done creating a Gray's Anatomy app. It is essentially a Pre GUI of the website: Gray, Henry. 1918. Anatomy of the Human Body

It will be all online, I do not feel like fighting a battle for storing it all on device. Besides, I personally believe it is extremely large and it would be impractical to store it all on device. I may, farther down the line, consider saving individual pages on the device for quick offline reference, but we'll see.

More details, release and posting to Homebrew coming hopefully within the week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/18/2010 at 11:03 PM.
    A+ man
  3.    #3  
    App has been released! Just waiting for Mod Approval and it'll be available in Homebrew!
    Awesome!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    yay! Eagerly awaiting more medical apps... Human and animal.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks!

The App is now up on Homebrew.

Let me know how it goes!
    OK. Here's my entry for the icon for your app. Sorry, I lifted the art, but I don't think the artist will mind! (I made it 300 x 300 pixels. Does that work for an icon?)
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
  8.    #8  
    Oh Wow.

That's a good idea! I like it! The only thing is, The icon needs to be 64 x 64. So in essence, less than 1/3 of what it is now... : /.

That really sucks cuz I barely know how to modify images let alone make a nice one for an icon. I actually really like the Vitruvian Man idea. If you don't mind, I'd like to use this idea, but maybe find a picture that would look better when its shrunk to microscopic proportions >.<.

If you would like to find one, that would be awesome. I will also try, but I think I like this icon. If anyone else comes up with something different, we can compare... but this looks good for now.

Thanks!

I'll implement it in a week or so.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    this would be infinitely more awesome if you could save what you've downloaded in a 'view offline' source. a lot of us work in offices where there's no hope of internet access on our phones, and it would be a sweet reference in the operating room (don't worry im not a surgeon)
    OK. Here's the icon at 64x64. Hope it works for you. I darkened it and added a little contrast so it shows better.

(BTW, it's "The Illustrated Man" by Leonardo da Vinci.)
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Sirataaaaaa!! :-) You're awesome!!! I've been sitting here kicking myself in the **** about going bk for my next nursing license or med school, and I happen to click on here, dl'ed your app, and at 11:51pm i am a very happy girl!! Thank you, for your hard work!
    +1 congrats. great work!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  13.    #13  
    Hey! Thanks for the support guys! Glad you liked the app.

First of all, I wanted to apologize to everyone. I have not gotten to bug fixing/updating the icon at all since I've been extremely busy. I probably won't get around to it until this coming weekend. Hopefully. Sit tight!

As for the icon, there's a dilemma. As you all (may or may not) know, there is a new quiz app in the app catalog by the name of "Health and Body" or something similar. They use the Vitruvian Man for their logo!

Now, to be honest, I don't even know if this app will ever make it to the catalog or not, but I would really want a unique/identifiable logo as opposed to an overly generic logo.

If anyone wants to/is able to, I would REALLY appreciate it if they can customize the Vitruvian Man logo (or any other good one, for that matter). Maybe make it 3D, turn it into a button (like the gDial Pro logo), or just add some effects to make it distinguishable.

Any ideas?

If you guys post that you don't mind having the same icon or whatnot, I will just use the one submitted earlier by GoBears.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Use the one from GoBears. I won't have the "Health and Body" app on my Pre.
  15.    #15  
    Hey all,

I got another icon submission, please follow this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...logo-draw.html

Let me know what you guys would like to see as the icon!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    love this! Is there any way you could get an app like this to work for animal anatomy too? I would appreciate it so much. I am studying to become a vet tech but I am a MPOA for a human friend, so I could use both!
  17.    #17  
    Hey gwenyth!

Thanks for your feedback. Since you've been supporting this app, ill do you a special favor. I'm considering adding an animal anatomy section (button) to the app. At first I wanted to make a standalone app, but I don't think I can find any complete work (such as Gray's Anatomy) for animals. I'm not sure if I didn't look hard enough or not, but all I could find (in the public domain, which I could legally use) is this.

Therefore, the first update to this app will include these animal anatomy pictures. I did find an online source with about 80 (I think) of these images here. I'm not sure if i'm legally allowed to take those and distribute them, but I know for a fact these images are in the public domain and I can (and will) distribute them.

If you know of any website (or online source) from which I can link, and display, the images (and hopefully info) for an app, I can try to see if I can incorporate that and make a standalone app, if you so desire.

As of right now, since there are only images in the wikimedia, I can only incorporate images into the app. If you can find me a place with info/images I will gladly look into it.

Again, thank you very much for your support, and I hope you'll like/find useful the update (whenever it comes). >.<

To be honest, It might be a while... but I promise I'll get it incorporated!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hi SirataXero...

Wow... I am so happy and thankful to read this! I went to your link of the Animal Anatomy but it said that the page was removed. I did find some other links but none were as good as the one from Gray's Anatomy for humans so I will keep on looking and will send you more info as soon as I have it. Again... I am just so happy and grateful that you are willing to do this! Thank you... Your app is awesome probably because you are this amazing! Your app will be able to help me so much in school, where and when I volunteer, at work, and also when I am helping my friends... As soon as animal section is up and running too will I tell all the other students at school about it for sure! Hopefully a lot of them are using the pre too.

Btw... I love graphic designing and would like to help design an icon for you. It will probably have to be around the week after next week 'tho because right now I am sick and swamped at work and school (aaargh!)... So if you don't mind I will try my best to make the icon for you...

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey gwenyth!

Thanks for your feedback. Since you've been supporting this app, ill do you a special favor. I'm considering adding an animal anatomy section (button) to the app. At first I wanted to make a standalone app, but I don't think I can find any complete work (such as Gray's Anatomy) for animals. I'm not sure if I didn't look hard enough or not, but all I could find (in the public domain, which I could legally use) is this.

Therefore, the first update to this app will include these animal anatomy pictures. I did find an online source with about 80 (I think) of these images here. I'm not sure if i'm legally allowed to take those and distribute them, but I know for a fact these images are in the public domain and I can (and will) distribute them.

If you know of any website (or online source) from which I can link, and display, the images (and hopefully info) for an app, I can try to see if I can incorporate that and make a standalone app, if you so desire.

As of right now, since there are only images in the wikimedia, I can only incorporate images into the app. If you can find me a place with info/images I will gladly look into it.

Again, thank you very much for your support, and I hope you'll like/find useful the update (whenever it comes). >.<

To be honest, It might be a while... but I promise I'll get it incorporated!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    Hi SirataXero...

Wow... I am so happy and thankful to read this! I went to your link of the Animal Anatomy but it said that the page was removed.
    Really? That's weird. I went on the links again and they seem to e working fine. Well, anywho, its some German book that has anatomy pictures of horse/cow/lion and I think a few more animals. It seemed like the best thing for me to use.

I did find some other links but none were as good as the one from Gray's Anatomy for humans so I will keep on looking and will send you more info as soon as I have it.
    Yeah definitely let me know what you find and if I can, I'll try to consolidte as much info as I can. To make it easy to find/refer to.

Your app is awesome probably because you are this amazing!
    How sad! My app isn't a useful good app? Its just cool cuz I'm cool? I don't know if that's a compliment or criticism. Haha, thanks.

Btw... I love graphic designing and would like to help design an icon for you. It will probably have to be around the week after next week 'tho because right now I am sick and swamped at work and school (aaargh!)... So if you don't mind I will try my best to make the icon for you...
    That would be AWESOME! If you can make me a unique, personalized icon, I would be forever indebted to you!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon, so you can make me my icon! Haha, but seriously though, I can understand being swamped with school/work. :/. That's exactly why I havnt gotten around to big fixes and/or updating this app already. Though I want to, so badly!

Anyway, thank you very much for your words of encouragement and your support! And your welcome for the app. . I just hope I can get around to making it more useful for you with the animal anatomy on it ASAP.
  20.    #20  
    v0.0.2 Released! (11/29/2009)

Added Features:

- Offline Page Saving Feature!!!
    - - As of right now, the offline page saving feature only saves one page and does not save images.
    - Navigation buttons in each page
    - Fixed bug with Landscape Mode not working
    - Cleaned up Help Page with links
    - Added new suggested icons
    - Removed "Brought to you by" information from front page

Animal Section coming soon...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast