Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. jr
    how do you download it?
  2.    #22  
    Hey jr,

just follow the detailed instructions here.

All you need is WebOSQuickInstall and to enable Developer Mode on your device. You should then get the package manager service and PreWare installed (or fileCoaster). Both of these are sort of an alternative "App Catalog" of beta software found here (as well as a few other websites). Most of the programs found on this site are available through the apps such as Preware and fileCoaster. Just get those installed on your phone (via the link above) and you can find this and other great programs as well.

Please feel free to post back if you have any questions, or difficulty.
  3.    #23  
    v0.0.3 Released! (12/30/2009)

Added Features:
    - Animal Anatomy finally included!
    - - preliminary testing of animal anatomy images included. All 80 images included from the University of Wisconsin Library collection. As of right now, the images are just numbered in a list, there is no proper way to identify what animal image it is. This will hopefully be fixed, with proper labels within the next week.

Warning Images are hi-res, please make sure to have a strong internet connection and wait a couple seconds after clicking links
    Great work!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  5. jr
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey jr,

just follow the detailed instructions here.

All you need is WebOSQuickInstall and to enable Developer Mode on your device. You should then get the package manager service and PreWare installed (or fileCoaster). Both of these are sort of an alternative "App Catalog" of beta software found here (as well as a few other websites). Most of the programs found on this site are available through the apps such as Preware and fileCoaster. Just get those installed on your phone (via the link above) and you can find this and other great programs as well.

Please feel free to post back if you have any questions, or difficulty.
    thanks..but i have a macbook and it doesnt seem to open preware, etc?
  6.    #26  
    Preware etc are opened in WebOS Specifically. The only thing you need to open on your desktop is WebOSQuickInstall. This will transfer the Package Manager and Preware into your phone. From then on you can download any of the homebrew.

Let me know if you need specific help, I may not be very accustomed to Macs, but I might be able to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.
    This is a great app! Are you planning on releasing anymore Medical Apps?
  8.    #28  
    Thanks!

I have an updated version which I plan on putting up into Homebrew soon. I was going to release it into the official App Catalog, but apparently bartleby doesn't approve of sharing knowledge.

Either way, If you have any specific Medical App in mind, I wouldn't mind considering taking a crack at it with PalmDoc's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Thanks!

I have an updated version which I plan on putting up into Homebrew soon. I was going to release it into the official App Catalog, but apparently bartleby doesn't approve of sharing knowledge.

Either way, If you have any specific Medical App in mind, I wouldn't mind considering taking a crack at it with PalmDoc's help.
    I will give it some thought. I would just like any medical app really (Diagnosing, Reference, Study-Guide, Ect). I'm still hoping someone builds an app that would allow me access to WebMD's Diagnosis Feature. But the Flash-Player might be able to allow for that.

I have downloaded most of the Medical apps that I have seen, because I'm a Nerd and like to learn new thing. It is just so many of the current Medical apps are stupid. Your Gray's app is (NOT) part of that group. I will PM you if I can think of a good Medical App.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I will give it some thought. I would just like any medical app really (Diagnosing, Reference, Study-Guide, Ect). I'm still hoping someone builds an app that would allow me access to WebMD's Diagnosis Feature. But the Flash-Player might be able to allow for that.
    I actually thought of the exact same thing! I wanted to make WebMD's online diagnosis feature for the Pre, but as you said, it's flash. I hope the Flash-Player (whenever it comes) helps with it. If it doesn't, I'll definitely jump on that and package it so it's nice and easy to use on WebOS.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have downloaded most of the Medical apps that I have seen, because I'm a Nerd and like to learn new thing. It is just so many of the current Medical apps are stupid. Your Gray's app is (NOT) part of that group. I will PM you if I can think of a good Medical App.
    Haha Thanks! Appreciate the good words. Also looking forward to you contacting me if you come up with anything. Unfortunately I've been kind of busy as of late so I might not be very prompt on your request, but I can definitely try!
  11.    #31  
    v0.0.5 Released! (4/20/2010) (version available from the palm Beta feed)

- If an image on a page is tapped it fullscreens and is able to be zoomed in and out. (you can screen shot to save the image)
    - - Proper image saving/including naming saved images coming soon...
    - Links and other annoying things removed from each page
    - Animal Anatomy properly labeled
    - - If a mistake is found, please let me know and I'll relabel them!
  12.    #32  
    Hey All,

I'm thinking of (POSSIBLY) adding Merck's Manual to this app. It might take a while, and could end up requiring too much time and I may give up on it, but it's an idea. If anyone has any suggestions for UI layout, or how they would like all the reference material to go together, I would really appreciate it. As of right now, I'm open to suggestions.

In the short term, I will be adding a font size picker in the app, so it's a bit easier to read. In the long run, if I can figure out how, I plan on making every page (as you visit it), including pictures, available offline. I think this would be an awesome solution for those who don't always have internet access (especially in the places they may really need this reference). Nothing is more annoying (at least to me) than trying to look something up and having to wait for your phone to connect.

Stay tuned!

Also: If Merck's Manual gets incorporated, and the information is able to be saved offline, I may start charging a little bit of money for this app...

*edit*: Looks like Merck might not be incorporated after all...

but MediPedia is out on the market!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 08/17/2010 at 10:29 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12