Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We released TimeTracker 1.0.0 today.

TimeTracker is a tool for recording the amount of time you spend on different tasks or projects.

Working with TimeTracker is quite easy:

• The main scene shows a list of all your projects.
    • To add a new project just tap "+ New Project" at the bottom of the list and enter the project's name. If applicable, enter your hourly wage rate for the project.
    • Simply tap the project name to start and stop recording the project. The accumulated time for each project is shown below the project name.
    • You can change a project's name or hourly wage rate and you can view diagrams that show the time spent per day on that project in the details scene.
    • You can export your TimeTracker data to an application of choice by email. The data is formatted as an HTML table so that you can copy and paste it into virtually any spreadsheet or similar application.
    • TimeTracker supports English and German language.
    • Future versions of TimeTracker will include GPS tracking to allow for activation of time recording based on your current location.

Please get the application from the precentrals homebrew app store.

More information can be found at: http://www.reinform.de/timetracker
    Last edited by bubeck; 10/31/2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: reference to homebrew
    Your link is not working.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Oh thanks. It was not already activated but now is.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi bubeck,

you filled my last open slot. I only miss two functions:
    1) The possibility to add entries manually. I would need this if I missed to start the timer.
    2) I would like to be able to see a list of the time entries in the project infomation and to be able to remove them there manually.
    3) I would like to be able to add a notes to a time entry.
    4) I would like to a a quick tag to an time entry (e.g. billed, driving time, unbilled, education, ...). Best would be to have a setting to define the tags.

Don't get me wrong as I'm only asking for new function. I like the application as is and happy to see this kind of application, as I was searching for it.

HaPe

Ps: Freut mich sehr die erste Anwendung aus Deutschland zu sehen und danke das du auch gleich eine deutsche UI dabei hast.
    Last edited by HaPe; 11/01/2009 at 06:44 AM.
  5.    #5  
    All of the ideas which you mention are good and we will be trying to bring them into the next version....
    Awesome app. Would love to be able to make a note for a time entry to designate which work corresponds to which block of time. In other words, you might have one running entry for Customer A, but you would do two or three tasks for that customer in a given day. It would be nice to track each specific task as a sub-section of the time for the customer.

Example: Customer A - 3 hours, comprising 1.5 hours of "write brief", .5 hours of "conference call with client", and 1 hour of "research in library."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi bubeck,

you filled my last open slot. I only miss two functions:
    1) The possibility to add entries manually. I would need this if I missed to start the timer.
    2) I would like to be able to see a list of the time entries in the project infomation and to be able to remove them there manually.
    3) I would like to be able to add a notes to a time entry.
    4) I would like to a a quick tag to an time entry (e.g. billed, driving time, unbilled, education, ...). Best would be to have a setting to define the tags.
    I agree with all those suggestions. Manual input of time is vital. I've used a similar app on my old Android phone and missing start times is a common happenstance.

I look forward to your next release. Till then I'll have to stick with my old method.
    I use Quanto for this purpose. I echo Cheese Grits statements also to be able to setup different categories. I would like to be able to not have to go to Classic everytime I want to keep track of something.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How do you delete a time entry?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I used Home of PTimLog on my palm for that function until now ans plan to switch to Time Track by the end of the year. For that I have two questions:
    - Will the version where you can add,edit and delete records manually be available until the end of the year?
    - I created a Lotus Notes application to make reports on that data for pTimlog. I will start to do the same for Time Track.
    I checked your database and the import should not be the problem, the only thing I miss is a unique key for a time record to identify an entry. Did I miss that in your database or can you please add it. A simple column with a time stamp should do it as I do not expect that there will be two records be added to the database in the same second.

HaPe
    Hi all,

we just released Version 2.0.0 of TimeTracker. You can now add subprojects to support different categories within a project.

The other features that you mention in this forum will be include in the next major version which will be released in a couple of days. Thanks for your help!

Tobias
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t.oppold View Post
    we just released Version 2.0.0 of TimeTracker. You can now add subprojects to support different categories within a project.
    Where I can find that version? On precentral and your Home page (http://www.reinform.de/timetracker) still shows version 1.0

HaPe
    Where I can find that version? On precentral and your Home page (http://www.reinform.de/timetracker) still shows version 1.0

HaPe
    You should see 2.0.0 on precentral.net (http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._2.0.0_all.ipk) and fileCoaster.

Tobias
    Hi,

- I created a Lotus Notes application to make reports on that data for pTimlog. I will start to do the same for Time Track.
    I checked your database and the import should not be the problem, the only thing I miss is a unique key for a time record to identify an entry. Did I miss that in your database or can you please add it. A simple column with a time stamp should do it as I do not expect that there will be two records be added to the database in the same second.

HaPe
    Hi HaPe,

a time stamp is already available in the column "Start" (and another one in column "End"). Would that do the job?

Tobias
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t.oppold View Post
    Hi HaPe,

a time stamp is already available in the column "Start" (and another one in column "End"). Would that do the job?

Tobias
    Hi Tobias,

at the moment the values would be fine as you cannot edit them. As soon as this is possible on the Pre I loose the connection to the record for the entry in my application. I also can't use the position of the record in the table, because all record move up if you delete one old record.
    What I would need it a unique key for every time entry that is not user changeable/visible. I need a chance to match a record to the record in my application Independent of the values that the user can change in the Pre application.
    I expect the simplest solution would be to add one column to your table and put the current time when the record is created into it. In the same format as you store the start/end time. Then simply ignore this column in the rest of the application.
    This value should then be unique, as nobody will create two entries in the same second.

I created a small test application as prove of concept and it is able to read your database without problems. Only waiting for your next version and hope for a unique key to start with the application.

It will be a Lotus Notes database, so you will need to have a Lotus Notes Client to use it.
    IBM Lotus Notes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HaPe
    Great Idea! One thing I'd love to see is the ability to add the project(s) to the calendar so I can sync to my Outlook via exchange. My accounting program can submit time from Outlook... so that would be a great thing for me and anyone who tracks time via Outlook. You'd probably only need the description, location and time spent to be in the calendar. Double entry sucks!!! ;-)

I'd also have no problem doing some beta testing for you with that feature. I would use it every day!
    TimeTracker 2.5.0 is now availabe for download at precentral.
    Version 2.5.0 allows you to add, edit, and delete time entries manually.

Tobias
    When the GPS tracking actvation is setup, does that mean that it will automatically start and stop based on location without having TimeTracker open in a window?

If so, that will be awesome. How much time do I really spend at home, at work, at the gym, at the local watering hole etc. That would be nice info to know.
    This app is so close to exactly what I NEED!

The only two things that I need added are both note type items...

I need the ability to track the miles that I drive for each job (the start and end odometer readings and mileage entry/calculation), and I NEED the ability to put in notes for any particular time entry.

The only other item that would be great is a way to import this directly into QuickBooks.
    I keep getting an install error when I try to install 2.5 through the homebrew store. Anybody else?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast