Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We are still in the testing phase for GPS-based activation. It will be released soon.

We found WiFi-based activation convenient for, e.g., IT consultantants visiting different customers where WiFi is usually available.

Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by scottp1 View Post
    Ouch! Not what I expected. Location based on WiFi? Really disappointed. Not something I'll ever use. Thought it was going to be GPS. Hopefully that is still in the works!
    i tested WiFi-based activation and it work well
    good idea
    Just got activated today. Thank you!

But I noticed that the $USD amounts are being rounded to the nearest dollar. So when I charge someone $15 per hour for 0.5hours (30 minutes) the graph and the emailed data shows $7 instead of $7.50. Can this be adjusted?
  4.    #64  
    We finally released version 4.1.0 of TimeTracker. What is new?

• GPS activation of projects. Define an activation point with a radius for each project and watch your projects beeing started and stopped whenever you enter or leave the area. Pretty cool!
    • Many more tooltips explaining the usage of the program making it even easier to use.
    • some minor bugs fixed.

As always, you can upgrade to the full version by using the applications menu. This could be done in every country worldwide regardless of the availability of palms official paid app store.

If you already bought a license, then do not hesitate to update. Your license will be stay active forever.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubeck View Post
    • GPS activation of projects. Define an activation point with a radius for each project and watch your projects beeing started and stopped whenever you enter or leave the area. Pretty cool!
    Hi bubeck,

can it be that GPS activation is only working when TimeTracker is opend in a card?
    It diden't stopped for me when I closed the card and left the area. It stopped as soon as I started TimeTracker the nect time.

By the way could you please add a button to the main scene to quickly add a entry. I do my most entries manual and if you have a lot of entries for a project it is a long way to first select the project and the scroll down all the way to select the add button. Thanks

Hape
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hey bubeck,

Been a longtime TimeTracker user. Love the program and use it everyday! I've bought the other time tracking apps from the app catalog but still find them inferior. I've got two comments and/or questions.

First, I'm hesitant to buy the app from within the program menu as it takes me to a paypal site in a foreign language. I can't be the only one hesitant to input my username and password on a website where it is not my native english. I'm sure it's fine, I just can't get myself to leave sensitive data on this version of the paypal site.

Why not offer a pay version in the Palm app catalog? I'd prefer this for so many reasons. Twice I've lost my data and was able to restore all my info via the Palm "cloud" backup which included apps I'd purchased. Since then I see a real advantage to buying through Palm. Is there a reason for not offering a pay version through Palm? I'd even pay more $13-$15 for the convenience of buying through Palm's catalog.

My second comment is really a suggestion. You've implemented some of my suggestions in the past which I appreciate.

The suggestion comes as I like to view comparisons of one client's billing vs. another's. Or I like to be given the option to leave one or more client's billed time out of the graphing comparisons. I can't do this currently as it compares all projects to each other as part of the whole. The program "TimeSpent" lets you apply filters to its graphing, thus giving you the ability to leave any number of projects out of a graphical comparison. I find this useful as I like to compare 3 of my core projects to each other while I leave numerous smaller projects/clients out of the statistics.

Could you consider adding the ability to apply a filter? Letting us choose which projects are added and/or deleted from graphical comparisons. This would make your app 100% perfect in my book.

Thanks, Mark J.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just bought it in the Palm catalog! Thanks! Love this app and use it all the time! (Sorry for all the exclamation points.)

Have you considered adding a filter feature to filter results? As far as I can see this is the only thing left that I'd like to see as an addition.

Thanks again. - Mark J.
  8.    #68  
    we released a beta version (4.1.90) at Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further..

It includes a backup/restore function, which could also be used to transfer the database from one timetracker app to another..

feel free to check it out and send bug reports to timetracker-support@reinform.de

the final version will be released in a few days...
  9.    #69  
    We finally released version 4.2.0 of TimeTracker. What is new?

* Backup and Restore of all data to restore in case of emergency or to transport data between different time tracker applications or versions.
    * A table showing exact numbers for hours worked or money earned on the project chart page.
    * A user visible log of changes when updating the application or by using the menu entry "About TimeTracker".

As always, you can upgrade to the full version by using the applications menu. This could be done in every country worldwide regardless of the availability of palms official paid app store.

If you already bought a license, then do not hesitate to update. Your license will be stay active forever.

You can get this version from precentral.net or through the official palm app catalog Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Sweeeeeet! The GPS feature is very much appreciated!!. Backup and restore to boot. nice.
    Thank-you.
    Couple of thoughts.
    1. Add ability to input an address into the gps for location. Maybe one from the address book.
    2. Playing with battery usage. Seams that it's using more since the gps feature has been enabled. Is this true?
  11.    #71  
    We will take your ideas onto our road map. Thanks for that!

Yes, GPS needs quite some battery. Thats the reason, why we first implemented Wifi activation, because this does not need (much) additional power. However, GPS is als a good thing, but one has to watch power. But this is nothing we can improve. This has to be done by palm...

Thanks for using TT!
    The daily graphs have numbers that don't agree. The single day graph lists a little over 6 hours for one project (which is about right), but then the other graphs (weekly, monthly, etc.) have it at 7.5 hours for that day.

-Andreas
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just wanted to pass along kudos to the TimeTracker team for excellent customer service. When my Pre was replaced for a bad earpiece they made it very easy to upgrade the app on my new device. No hassles, and the instructions were very clear.

Well done!
    "Yes, yes, I know that, Sidney....everybody knows that!
    But look: four wrongs squared minus two wrongs to the fourth power, divided by this formula, do make a right."

-- "The Far Side", by Gary Larsen
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

do i have to let that app open in a card for GPS activation to work?
    When I tested it it did not stop until I started the app again.

If yes, are there plans to chance it? e.g. to be a small icon in the lower bar when gps activation is active and I swipe away the card.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I created a small Lotus Notes application to manage the data from the TimeTracker full version in Lotus Notes. More information can be found here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...76#post2326376

Thanks to Reinform for there support and cooperation. It would not have been possible without it.

HaPe
    When will the latest version be available via the Updates app? I just checked and it didn't find it (I've got 4.1.0)

Thanks,
    Andreas
  17.    #77  
    We have submitted TimeTracker 4.2.2 to palm for the FULL version. Normally Palm needs 3-4 days to process. However, they also told us, that the internationall app catalog will start on 2010-03-31 and that they try to schedule all updates to that date.

So we expect TT 4.2.2 to land at that date. Hold on!

Thanks for using TimeTracker.
    timetracker lite broken after latest webos update, won't load. Any fix coming soon? I need to close out march and collect from client. Otherwise I'll have to use limited data in my calender & be out a bit of $$$. Please advise/respond. Thanks
    The full version is also broken after the latest webos update. I look forward to getting the fix. Thanks.
    As you probably know, Timetracker Full is not working. I understand there is an update in Palms hands. It would be helpful if you posted a version number in your app description. File save came in very handy. I saved the file before the webos update. The latest free version works, so I can still use my data. Thanks
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast