Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TorsteinKongshem View Post
    Hello there. Having used PTimLog of PalmOS earlier, the only thing that seems to be missing from TimeTracker (2.6.0) is a report utility where I can see the number of hours per project per DAY, WEEK or a specified time interval. I need this so that I can easily summarize hours to put on invoices to my clients.
    I hope TimeTracker 3.0 is doing the job now.

Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp1 View Post
    I know you need feedback on your product so here goes.
    1. Never replied to my database backup concerns. Something needs to be devised to prevent data loss. Maybe email the database periodically for offsite storage. Include a means of scheduling.
    You are right, backup is very important. But we believe that backing up every application individually is not a proper solution. So we believe/hope that Palm comes up with a general solution to the problem soon.

2. For $22.00 USD (above the previous $10.00) amount the application isn't done. UPS feature still doesn't work.
    Our users should indeed not depend on exchange rates. We wil do something for our customers in the US quickly.

3. Spread sheet would be worthless to me in it's current format. Maybe create some alternatives that can be selected. Example a time sheet format. listing projects on the vertical and days of the week on the horizontal. Insert number of hours spent at the intersections.
    4. Could be enhanced to know if time falls between 8-5pm straight time verses overtime.
    We plan to include more export formats in the future releases. Thanks for the input!

Your doing a great job. Keep up the hard work!!
    Thank you!
    Tobias
    I have tried to upgrade to full version ; transferred the cash almost 2 weeks ago ; nothing happens ! What gives ?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by TorsteinKongshem View Post
    I have tried to upgrade to full version ; transferred the cash almost 2 weeks ago ; nothing happens ! What gives ?
    Could you please contact timetracker-license@reinform.de? We need your email address to check for your license.
    Well, I have tried and tried, but nobody answers. I am getting a bit frustrated here ;

Sent the payment on January 26th. The commercial says "2-3 days" to send the licence key.

Anyway, then on 2.february I post the above entry to ask for help.

Then, I sent 2 emails the day after to h.schickedanz@reinform.de and timetracker-support@reinform.de. Nothing happens. I try many times to post reviews via the Pre, but all entries fail for some reason.

Then I notice the above reply, and I send a third mail to 'timetracker-license@reinform.de' on the 4th of February.

Today is February 6th, and I have got the licence ? No. Have I got a reply, stating something about many requests and that they are working through the list and will get to my entry in a few days - or weeks ? No. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Null og niks.

Well, I am through with hoaxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubeck View Post
    Could you please contact timetracker-license@reinform.de? We need your email address to check for your license.
    Well, I have tried and tried, but nobody answers. I am getting a bit frustrated here ;

Sent the payment on January 26th. The commercial says "2-3 days" to send the licence key.

Anyway, then on 2.february I post the above entry to ask for help.

Then, I sent 2 emails the day after to h.schickedanz@reinform.de and timetracker-support@reinform.de. Nothing happens. I try many times to post reviews via the Pre, but all entries fail for some reason.

Then I notice the above reply, and I send a third mail to 'timetracker-license@reinform.de' on the 4th of February.

Today is February 6th, and I have got the licence ? No. Have I got a reply, stating something about many requests and that they are working through the list and will get to my entry in a few days - or weeks ? No. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Null og niks.

Well, I am through with hoaxes.
  7.    #47  
    Hello Torstein,

we are very sorry for the inconvience which we caused. We now found all of your emails and processed your request. Whenever you restart TimeTracker, you will find the full version.

The problem was, that our spamfilter ("SpamAssassin") was suffering from the 2010 bug FH_DATE_PAST_20XX which stopped your mail from getting through. We have now fixed our filter and have found your mails and processed them immediately.

I want to state clearly, that we are very interested in our users and we are following closely to their needs. So we are really very sorry, that you run into that problem.

Kind regards,
    Tilmann Bubeck
    Aaah, thanks ! Finally, the licence trickled in today

Thanks, and sorry for doubting that I would ever get the licence

Torstein
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

while using TimeTrack daly now I would like to have two extesions:
    - Please add a 'new entry' button to the main scenen. Simply let me select the project, start, end time and note to create a new entry.
    - Please move the existin 'new entry' button in the project diplay to the top of the list. If you have created some entries you need to scroll all the way down first to add a new entry.

HaPe
    Is there a way to make an existing project a subproject of another existing project? I know how to create a new subproject, but then I don't know how to copy to data from an existing project into a new subproject.

The app is great.

Thanks,
    Andreas
    Hi Andreas,

currently you can not copy or move data or (sub)projects between projects. But we do have plans to include that in future versions of TimeTracker.

Thanks for your input!

Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by andreasb72 View Post
    Is there a way to make an existing project a subproject of another existing project? I know how to create a new subproject, but then I don't know how to copy to data from an existing project into a new subproject.

The app is great.

Thanks,
    Andreas
    This happened to me:

1) App Catalog says "An Update is available" but isn't able to install it.
    2) I tried the "Emergency" Tool from preware.
    3) Now the update is installed. (or uninstalled and installed again)

AND: Data loss.

I loosed about 2 month of information and realized: There's no such backup of the sqlite file!

The possibility of sending a mail each day or week would be nice!

(Do you have any idea where I may look for any data? Maybe the old version didn't use sqlite databases?)
    I noticed the license can be installed without user interaction. Can updates? Would be nice to have it done automatically or get a notice " update waiting" then press a button to fetch it while on WiFi.

Just a thought...
    We are aware that users are missing a backup solution and we are working on a user-friendly solution...

Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by teguy View Post
    This happened to me:

1) App Catalog says "An Update is available" but isn't able to install it.
    2) I tried the "Emergency" Tool from preware.
    3) Now the update is installed. (or uninstalled and installed again)

AND: Data loss.

I loosed about 2 month of information and realized: There's no such backup of the sqlite file!

The possibility of sending a mail each day or week would be nice!

(Do you have any idea where I may look for any data? Maybe the old version didn't use sqlite databases?)
    Updates are not installed automatically and we don't have in-app notification since we believe that this should be done by the distribution channel and not by the app. BTW: the next update will be released in a moment.

Tobias

I noticed the license can be installed without user interaction. Can updates? Would be nice to have it done automatically or get a notice " update waiting" then press a button to fetch it while on WiFi.

Just a thought...
    Hi all,

we have just released version 4.0.0 of TimeTracker which allows you to automatically start/stop time recording by entering/leaving a WiFi area (full version only).

Thanks in advance for your feedback on this new feature.

Tobias
    Bonjour,
    merci pour la version en franšais...
    is it possible to see the time per project in a free specified time interval ?
    it's really a good soft
    Ouch! Not what I expected. Location based on WiFi? Really disappointed. Not something I'll ever use. Thought it was going to be GPS. Hopefully that is still in the works!
    Woohoo! I found a way to restore my unknowingly backed up timesheet data. Hope this helps some people out there.

Anyway, I had to doctor my Pre the other day, and before I did that I copied everything from the USB memory to my desktop. But after doctoring and reinstalling my apps, I opened up timetracker and "oops" - I forgot to email or copy my last week's times.

Not to worry, though. I noticed a small .db file in
    PreUSB:/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptfs.......timetracker_0/

The old file had a bunch of zero's and ended with "4f.db" and looking into my newly doctored Pre, there was a new file with a bunch of zero's ending with "11.db".
    So I renamed the old file the same as the new file (yours may end with different characters - just make sure to name the old file the same as the new/current .db), copied it back onto my Pre overwriting the current .db and, lo and behold, my old times came back!

So if you're into regular backups of stuff, this may be of value. Just remember to email yourself your current data before you replace your current .db with your older ones.

BTW: I just paid for the Full version because I think this app is so great!
    You will be able to select arbitrary time intervalls for the graphics in one of the future releases.

Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    Bonjour,
    merci pour la version en franšais...
    is it possible to see the time per project in a free specified time interval ?
    it's really a good soft
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast