Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I NEED the ability to put in notes for any particular time entry
    YES - this is the one reason I am still using timesheet on the classic instead - looking forward to losing it soon! I see that your screenshot at your site includes a comments column - YEAH!!!

One Q I have... now that we can edit the stop/start times I am trying it out with real data. I just noticed the menu option to 'clear data' -- does that clear all of my tasks down to no data, or just the times/notes (when they are added) entries? Ideally I do not have to re-enter my specific tasks/rates, just the time I spend on each one.

Thanks for any info you can share, and looking forward to seeing the app mature - what a great start you have here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Grits View Post
    I keep getting an install error when I try to install 2.5 through the homebrew store. Anybody else?
    Nope - care to tell what the error *is* ??
    If it is an ipk error I have had that on other apps, and a restart helped... otherwise, maybe you can give us more info.
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Grits View Post
    I keep getting an install error when I try to install 2.5 through the homebrew store. Anybody else?
    Hi Cheese Grits,

can you please let me know your firmware version?

Tobias
    "Clear Tracker Data" from the application menu in the main scene clears only the times (and soon the notes ...). It will not delete projects or their preferences (rate/currency).

Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by redheads55 View Post
    One Q I have... now that we can edit the stop/start times I am trying it out with real data. I just noticed the menu option to 'clear data' -- does that clear all of my tasks down to no data, or just the times/notes (when they are added) entries? Ideally I do not have to re-enter my specific tasks/rates, just the time I spend on each one.
    I hope you'll get the GPS part running until 2010.. I would love to use it for my daily work!
    How about (optional) creating calendar events to a associated calendar every time a timer is stopped (for more than 1 minute for example)? Combined with GPS for start-stop, it would be like a automatic live life journal.
    For the much requested notes field it would be useful to be able to enter the note while the time is running. Maybe when a timer is started, the box containing it is expanded and reveals the note field.
    WOO-HOO!!! Just saw the update on preware... on my way to donate. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I can even add comments to dates I already entered - PRIMO!

Oh, I just thought of something - I now want/need to upgrade to the full version (was waiting on that comments section) and am not sure.. do I have to wait for the app-limit break :-(, or can you sell me the full version ipk before then?? :-)

--update -- been to site, cannot figure out how to donate - must need sleep ;-)... give us a link, please? :-)
    Last edited by redheads55; 12/17/2009 at 03:21 AM.
    Hi all,

as redheads55 already mentioned, we have released version 2.6.0 of TimeTracker. You can now add/edit comments to time periods. You can do so by tapping a time period in the project's details scene. Or just use the command button in the lower left corner of the main scene to edit the time period of an active time recording (or the last active time recording if none is active)

Tobias
    Last edited by t.oppold; 12/17/2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    And the link to donate/get the full version is...

??
    :-)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Love the app. I just paid for "TimeBits" in the app catalog and although it appears to do the same thing, it does not. For the most part it was $4 wasted.

Anyway, I've followed the updates and it seems you've paid attention to requests. Here are some of mine:

1. Graphing - Would it be possible to not only graph (or chart) time spent within a particular entry, but also graph/chart between all entries. This would allow me to compare all entries to each other and who or what I'm giving my time to. I could do this manually but it would be great to see it as a graph or pie chart within the program.

2. Graphing pt.2 - Not only a graphical comparison of all activites as compared to each other, but also a way to see the same info as day, week and month views. Either a graph or pie chart which would toggle between dollars/day-week-month, hours/day-week-month, and %/day-week-month (percent of course would have to be tallied by the sum of time spent in all activities).

This way if I bill one client at $20 and another at $40 (which is the case) I can see with a glance how during any given day, week or month I might be spending too much time on the lower-end clients vs. the higher-end clients.

Otherwise, every change and improvement you've made has been awesome. Adding notes, manually changing times, etc. are all very useful!

Thanks and I look forward to updates and the official app catalog launch!

- Mark J.
  12.    #32  
    mjrei: we've implemented two new charts as you requested:

1. comparison of time spent across all projects as a pie chart

2. comparison of money earned across all projects as a pie chart

3. We fixed the number of hours worked chart to scale better and
    to work even without a internet connection.

Expect version 2.8.0 to arrive soon... :-)
  13.    #33  
    We just released TimeTracker 2.8.0. The main changes are:
    1. Various additional charts including pie charts and bar charts to visualize your working time.
    2. Charts are now drawn without a internet connection.
    3. Hourly rate and currency is automatically entered into sub projects and taken from parent project.

We are now working on the GPS activation feature. Some initial work has already been done. Expect a new version in 1-2 weeks... :-)
    I notice you have a lite version in the app catalog do we have to have both versions installed? Nevermind it updates the app version from homebrew.
  15.    #35  
    "Timetracker Lite" offered in the app catalog is the same as offered through homebrew. Normally homebrew is more up-to-date, because updating a program in the app store takes some time.

We hope to have "TimeTracker FULLVERSION" in the app catalog soon, because this would bring all the professional features. Because this is a paid app it takes even longer to publish this in app catalog.

One of the main differences between "Lite" and "FULL" is, that the full version could send the time tracked via email to an account to use it for accounting on backoffice systems. By using the "Lite" version one has to write down the number manually.
    Hello there. Having used PTimLog of PalmOS earlier, the only thing that seems to be missing from TimeTracker (2.6.0) is a report utility where I can see the number of hours per project per DAY, WEEK or a specified time interval. I need this so that I can easily summarize hours to put on invoices to my clients.
    Due to an error with the upgrade of the latest 1.3.5. I had to reset my phone back to factory. Using Web Doctor.
    The problem is the same I've experienced with other Phone apps. No way to recover the data.
    Is there a file I can restore to get my data back? If not It would be a nice feature to be able to go into usb mode and backup the database.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubeck View Post
    mjrei: we've implemented two new charts as you requested:

1. comparison of time spent across all projects as a pie chart

2. comparison of money earned across all projects as a pie chart

3. We fixed the number of hours worked chart to scale better and
    to work even without a internet connection.

Expect version 2.8.0 to arrive soon... :-)
    Tobias and crew,

Thanks for listening! The updates have been spot on fantastic!

I've got your TimeTracker app and the other comparable apps (TimeBits and TimeSpent). TimeTracker is hands down a superior app to the others on so many levels.

The new graphs and charts are so great for on the fly analysis. In every way your app looks, functions and performs so well its difficult to think of improvements at this point.

Thanks again! - Mark J.

(Note: I do have a question. I have used the program so much I've started to get quite a history of log in and log out entries. Do these take much memory or are they just text type files that take little if no memory to store?)
    Hi all,

we have just released version 3.0.0 of TimeTracker Lite. This version can be upgraded to the full version via PayPal for EUR 14.99.

TimeTracker Lite 3.0 provides limited evaluation of your project data compared to the full version. This is a little bit different to the previous releases of TimeTracker Lite which didn't allow you to email your data at all. Please see the Help if you are interested in the details.

Tobias
    I know you need feedback on your product so here goes.
    1. Never replied to my database backup concerns. Something needs to be devised to prevent data loss. Maybe email the database periodically for offsite storage. Include a means of scheduling.
    2. For $22.00 USD (above the previous $10.00) amount the application isn't done. UPS feature still doesn't work.
    3. Spread sheet would be worthless to me in it's current format. Maybe create some alternatives that can be selected. Example a time sheet format. listing projects on the vertical and days of the week on the horizontal. Insert number of hours spent at the intersections.
    4. Could be enhanced to know if time falls between 8-5pm straight time verses overtime.

Your doing a great job. Keep up the hard work!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast