Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    *** NOW AVAILABLE IN THE CATALOG/FILECOASTER ***

    This game is in the very, very early stages. Please understand that it is out there just to see if there is any/enough interest to incorporate it into the QuickSuite I am putting together that will have similar games for a very reasonable price in the Official App Catalog.

    QuickMazes is a '3D' view of a maze that you swipe your finger to get through. Swipe up to go straight, down to go back, and left or right to go that direction, respectively.

    You can tap the timer to see an aerial view of the maze (without walls) to see where you've been (lit) and where you are (dark lit). The timer in the map view tells you your orientation. You will only be afforded 5 views at the map for each maze. If I have some interest, I will throw a few more mazes on here with the updated graphics.

    Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback!!!

    QuickMazes could be part of the QuickSuite which includes:

    QuickMazes - available soon
    QuickSpell - beat the time spelling game - available here
    QuickSolve - beat the timer math game - available here
    QuickTrace - beat the timer simon-style game - available here
    QuickWhack - beat the timer whack-a-mole game - coming soon!
    Last edited by shanerooni; 10/28/2009 at 02:03 PM.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  2. #2  
    Can't wait, make it interesting!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    Can't wait, make it interesting!!!
    just submitted, so it shouldn't be too long before it's live. it's a work in progress, so any feedback could mold what i do with the game! looking forward to some constructive criticism
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  4. #4  
    what happened to it?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    what happened to it?
    sorry folks, it has not been published yet. there are about 6 apps waiting for updates in the homebrew queue. who knows - maybe the moderator(s) is on vacation??? i'll keep you posted.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6. martinp13's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #6  
    I like the maze app, but noticed a bug. If I go the "wrong way" in the sample maze, I can go down a long dead end. While returning towards the starting point, I see dark areas, as if I haven't been there (but of course I have). Maybe everything two squares away is "dark area"?
  7. #7  
    I'm downloading the Maze app now. It's strange to think I was obsessed with mazes when I was a kid.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    I like the maze app, but noticed a bug. If I go the "wrong way" in the sample maze, I can go down a long dead end. While returning towards the starting point, I see dark areas, as if I haven't been there (but of course I have). Maybe everything two squares away is "dark area"?
    Correct that there's no "wall" if you are more than 2 flicks away. To save some time putting the sketches together I didn't want to put all the depth into it. The full app will have better colors, animation and should have the full depth if it looks right when they are done.

    Glad you like it, and thanks for the feedback.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I'm downloading the Maze app now. It's strange to think I was obsessed with mazes when I was a kid.
    yeah, i think it was the fall and corn mazes that made me think of it. hope you enjoy it, and any feedback for a direction to take it or what would improve it are welcome.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    yeah, i think it was the fall and corn mazes that made me think of it. hope you enjoy it, and any feedback for a direction to take it or what would improve it are welcome.
    I actually went to a corn "maize" just this month. It had rained the night before and by the time I was out of the maze, there was a 1 inch thick buildup of mud on my shoes.

    This game reminds me of Wizardry 5 for the SNES. Navigating through the maze was very easy and intuitive. In addition to the swipe controls, I'd look into eventually adding button controls. People will be able to fly through the maze faster that way. Since I'm willing to bet most all of Palm's devices will have a physical keyboard, make use of it. It's what sets them apart from iPhones.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    I actually went to a corn "maize" just this month. It had rained the night before and by the time I was out of the maze, there was a 1 inch thick buildup of mud on my shoes.

    This game reminds me of Wizardry 5 for the SNES. Navigating through the maze was very easy and intuitive. In addition to the swipe controls, I'd look into eventually adding button controls. People will be able to fly through the maze faster that way. Since I'm willing to bet most all of Palm's devices will have a physical keyboard, make use of it. It's what sets them apart from iPhones.
    mud's alright as long as it isn't cold and you don't have a pair a fairygammo's on i have a 5 month old, so maybe next year we'll hit up the corn maze, hayride stuff.

    i agree about the buttons. i always think about myself (go figure), and prefer not to open the keyboard if i'm not actually typing a message. with the pixi, though, the keys will probably be much easier. the buttons will be easy. thanks for the feedback!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  12. #12  
    the maze game is really cool. Can't wait for the full version.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pretaiyana View Post
    the maze game is really cool. Can't wait for the full version.
    thanks! hopefully palm speeds up their turnaround time with publishing apps.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  14. #14  
    This is a neat concept for a game.
  15. #15  
    Very nice concept - great controls - immersive, natural gameplay.

    Few things I noticed:
    • The map is not very intuitive. I know that you probably have it this way to have a common interface throughout your games. But this is distinctly different and doesn't really ressemble an aerial view. Also I don't know how well this will scale for bigger mazes.
    • Seeing the finished sign doesn't always complete the game for me. Not really sure what the pattern is when it shows and when it doesn't.
    • You mentioned that you need graphics are alpha so this probably changes anyway. Biggest issue I have is that the exit can't be distinguished from a dead end.


    Overall love the idea. Your QuickSuite is a sure buy as soon as it's possible here
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SensorMan View Post
    Very nice concept - great controls - immersive, natural gameplay.

    Few things I noticed:
    • The map is not very intuitive. I know that you probably have it this way to have a common interface throughout your games. But this is distinctly different and doesn't really ressemble an aerial view. Also I don't know how well this will scale for bigger mazes.
    • Seeing the finished sign doesn't always complete the game for me. Not really sure what the pattern is when it shows and when it doesn't.
    • You mentioned that you need graphics are alpha so this probably changes anyway. Biggest issue I have is that the exit can't be distinguished from a dead end.


    Overall love the idea. Your QuickSuite is a sure buy as soon as it's possible here
    • I agree it's not the most intuitive aerial, and we'll see how it goes when i do 6x6+. I do want to keep a common theme, unless I make QuickMazes a separate game outside of QuickSuite. I would like to keep QuickSuite to 4 games @$2.99 and I do have QuickWhack I'm working on. Maybe I'll pull the mazes and rename it. It will probably need more dev time anyhow. That way I can also come up with a better aerial map.
    • I checked it out and there is a bug when you go from the map back to the maze. I'll have to look through the code to see where the disconnect is. Good catch!
    • I will most likely have the exit point "open" so it is not enclosed. That way it looks like you are exiting the maze. The start will not be distinguishable from an ordinary deadend. You could use a help and check the map to see where you started though when the game starts.


    Thanks again! Great feedback, and I look forward to having an updated demo by Monday. I was thinking of dropping this game and just starting on QuickWhack, but I'm glad I put it out here. Looks like folks enjoy it as much as I do.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  17. #17  
    really like the game, look forward to more levels, thanks
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    *** NOW AVAILABLE IN THE CATALOG/FILECOASTER ***

    This game is in the very, very early stages. Please understand that it is out there just to see if there is any/enough interest to incorporate it into the QuickSuite I am putting together that will have similar games for a very reasonable price in the Official App Catalog.

    QuickMazes is a '3D' view of a maze that you swipe your finger to get through. Swipe up to go straight, down to go back, and left or right to go that direction, respectively.

    You can tap the timer to see an aerial view of the maze (without walls) to see where you've been (lit) and where you are (dark lit). The timer in the map view tells you your orientation. You will only be afforded 5 views at the map for each maze. If I have some interest, I will throw a few more mazes on here with the updated graphics.

    Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback!!!

    QuickMazes could be part of the QuickSuite which includes:

    QuickMazes - available soon
    QuickSpell - beat the time spelling game - available here
    QuickSolve - beat the timer math game - available here
    QuickTrace - beat the timer simon-style game - available here
    QuickWhack - beat the timer whack-a-mole game - coming soon!
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game! It took a few seconds to get the hang of it, and after I figured out the black rectangles were 'darkness in the distance' areas I should go into, doing the usual 'flicking' motions on the screen was a snap!

    I'd suggest the better graphics show the 'black rectangles' as perhaps something more defined, so that a 'corner in the distance' might be able to be seen.

    Please continue to develop this application. You're off to a great start! I thoroughly enjoyed this demo! Please complete QuickMaze!

    Warm Regards,
    Firefishe
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game! It took a few seconds to get the hang of it, and after I figured out the black rectangles were 'darkness in the distance' areas I should go into, doing the usual 'flicking' motions on the screen was a snap!

    I'd suggest the better graphics show the 'black rectangles' as perhaps something more defined, so that a 'corner in the distance' might be able to be seen.

    Please continue to develop this application. You're off to a great start! I thoroughly enjoyed this demo! Please complete QuickMaze!

    Warm Regards,
    Firefishe
    thanks firefishe! i was pleased by your kind words, and decided to go ahead and spend some time developing this app further. you can see a screenshot of early progress at Shanerooni, LLC. i hope to have a beta copy out to homebrew by week's end.

    thanks for the support!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  20. #20  
    that screenshot looks awesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions