1.    #1  
    Precell is a port of the solitaire based card game Freecell.

I liked to play it on my centro while watching booring tv shows with my girlfriend.
    This is my first application and it will be much more improved in following versions.

Playing

Tap a column to select the last card. Tap a second column and the card will move if the place is valid.
    The program will move as much cards as possible to the selected column.

I did not implement dragging. In my opinion it is to difficult to select the right card while your finger covers it.

The autoplay function will move cards to the foundations automatically.
    You will be surprised when this happen because it is much to fast.
    I experiment a bit with JSJSJS $setTimeout$() $but$ $did$ $not$ $find$ $a$ $proper$ $solution$. $I$ $would$ $be$ $grateful$ $if$ $someone$ $can$ $give$ $me$ $a$ $hint$ $to$ $improve$ $that$.

You can undo one move by using the back gesture. There is also an menu item to do that but the back gesture is much cooler

Features

Play Freecell
    Auto Play
    Undo
    Landscape Mode

Planed Features

Highscore list for best times
    Adjustable game field color
    Chooseable cardsets
    Better autoplay (I need a sleep function for JSJSJS)

Change Log
    Version 0.6.2
    - Added Landscape Mode
    - Hopefully removed the error that causes lags after playing a few games

Version 0.6.0:
    - Added the undo function.
    - Removed an error that causes lags after playing a few games

Screenshots

precell_2009-27-10_083254.jpg
    precell_2009-27-10_083338.jpg
    Last edited by mankmil; 11/18/2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: add change log
    Hi!

I cannot find a download possibility here or in the homebrew list. Is this correct?! I would like to test it.
    First off, thanks for your efforts in porting a javascript game to the WebOS platform. Always good to have new developers.

Secondly, as many will likly tell you as I am, your Program title, Precell. Doesn't nesscarily conform to the standards of WebOS. Your application will be available on all WebOS devices not just the Pre. But ehh.

Thanks for the awesome game!
    As a Free Cell addict, I thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    A thought, it might play better if it was able to be shown in landscape mode.
    Nice game, I've just installed and play this. Gotta say it looks real good, looking forward to see those to do list completed. Just like the post above, landscape mode would be a definite plus, just like "Spades" in the app catalog.

Thx,
    DD007
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Well done! My suggestion: it would be nice if the free boxes could be outlined in a different color from the stack boxes.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks! I have been hoping for a Frecell app. Landscape would be a nice option, as bjharada mentioned. Also, an undo option would be great!

Edit: never mind, I see you're planning an undo. Thanks again!
    Last edited by ashi; 10/30/2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I did not fully read the post I replied to.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's been a while since I've played Free Cell so it would be nice to have the rules in the drop down menu. Other than that I totally love the app and appreciate your efforts.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Nice app. Thanks a lot. As previously mentioned, Landscape mode would be awesome along with Undo. Thanks.
    having problem with moving stacks. Some times it will, most times it won't. I've tried breaking them up when possible but still get stuck cause it won't move a valid stack to the column I need. Anyone else having that issue? Great challenging game but frustrated with that issue. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaboom111 View Post
    having problem with moving stacks. Some times it will, most times it won't. I've tried breaking them up when possible but still get stuck cause it won't move a valid stack to the column I need. Anyone else having that issue? Great challenging game but frustrated with that issue. Thanks!
    +1 ... yea, sometimes it doesnt allow me to move..frustrating
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaboom111 View Post
    I've played more than 50 games and not experienced this problem. The only times I have been unable to move stacks was when I didn't have enough free spaces to make the move legal. Does this happen when you have only a certain number of free spaces available? As I said, I have not experienced a bug in this game; maybe the game is not counting the free spaces correctly in certain configurations so it's limiting the number of cards you can move at that time.
  14.    #14  
    Hi

I am quite busy with my studies but try to improve the game on my weekends.

having problem with moving stacks. Some times it will, most times it won't. I've tried breaking them up when possible but still get stuck cause it won't move a valid stack to the column I need.
    As mentioned by susank2 I will include the rules which are implemented. The moveable count of cards is calculated by checking the free columns + the free stacks on the left + the one card you are always able to move.
    If you want to move a stack to a free column then the count is one less.

At this time it is necessary to break the stack by hand. I will try to make this automatically.

The next release will include the undo function. This already works fine for one card but makes a few troubles when moving a stack back to his origin.

I hope this will work after this weekend. Next is Landscape mode.

By the way did anyone recognizing lags after playing a few games?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Love the landscape mode, plenty of room to tap, though it is so spacious it almost looks like there are more empty rows.

I would like the option of multiple undos like Patience for classic Palm OS, but I can make do and think ahead more, and restart a game once in a while.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks for the application. Frecell is a great game.

I like the application and would really like it if it kept statistics such as winning percentages and winning or losing streak.

A save game feature would also be nice so that you could save to a specific spot of the game.

Thanks again for the application an I hope these suggestions are useful.
    OK, this is gonna sound really thankless, after you just released landscape mode, but...

How about showing ~50% more card in portrait mode (i.e. don't stack so tight), so you can make the card numbers & suits bigger? Right now, they're kind of hard to see.

Also, maybe have a preference for auto-finishing. I don't need to (or want to) stack every card up on the ace piles, but sometimes it almost comes as a surprise that I won, and the cards are gone before I realized it. Maybe you could just require that all cards not in the ace piles are at least stacked in tableaus (is that the right term?) with kings on top.

Otherwise, thanks! This has become one of my favorite time wasters.

Regards,
    Tom