1.    #1  
    *** NOW AVAILABLE IN THE PRECENTRAL CATALOG ***

QuickTrace is a Simon-style, follow-the-leader game. Trying to beat the clock, you'll start off easy and get more and more random (and complex) as the levels increase. The beta/demo version only has 30 levels, but all 90+ will be available in the Official App Catalog.

QuickTrace is part of QuickSuite which will include:

QuickTrace - stated above

QuickSpell - a beat-the-timer word game that shows the definition when completed

QuickSolve - a math puzzle game very similar to QuickSpell

QuickMazes - a 3D mazes you swipe your way through - still in beta, not ready for release yet

QuickWhack - a whack-a-mole style game - still in beta, not ready for release yet

Please remember to rate the app. Any feedback is much appreciated!
    Last edited by shanerooni; 10/26/2009 at 07:31 AM.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Hmm I'm not sure how this works...

• When the timer runs out nothing happens.
    • When it's my turn I click the computers square, then the timer stops and I'm unable to click another square.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure how this works...

• When the timer runs out nothing happens.
    • When it's my turn I click the computers square, then the timer stops and I'm unable to click another square.
    You were apparently the first victim. There was a bug when the game screen closes and goes to the results screen. It should be updated today. Check it out again and let me know what you think. Thanks for the heads up!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    After playing through once, some remarks:

• Would it be possible to use swiping across buttons instead of single button presses? (similar to touch screen test)
    • In order to make the game more immersive - replace your turn/computer turn message boxes with automated counters and a pause button?
    • In options Start Level text doesn't fit button labels.
    • Generally easy to beat as the last 5-10 buttons are usually predefined by previous - maybe use non-exclusive pathes?

I like the Quick Suite so far - keep it up
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SensorMan View Post
    After playing through once, some remarks:

• Would it be possible to use swiping across buttons instead of single button presses? (similar to touch screen test)
    • In order to make the game more immersive - replace your turn/computer turn message boxes with automated counters and a pause button?
    • In options Start Level text doesn't fit button labels.
    • Generally easy to beat as the last 5-10 buttons are usually predefined by previous - maybe use non-exclusive pathes?

I like the Quick Suite so far - keep it up
    Great feedback!

• The swipe is a great idea, but would only work with the limited levels that actually follow an inline pattern.
    • Good call. I definitely know it seems to interrupt the game. I'll try something else to make it more fluid.
    • It was hard to get text that made sense (and apparently I failed). If you look at the numbering, you start on level 1, and the first set is 25 levels (1-25). The next button is 26, and there are 5 levels in that set since they are 5-at-a-time (26-30). Then levels 31-55, 56-60, 61-85, and 86-90.
    • Along with the first point, the levels become pseudo-random and then completely random for both the 1-at-a-time and 5-at-a-time pairings in tougher levels. You'll have to get those from the official catalog when they are loaded. I'm thinking $0.99/game, or $2.99 for a 4-game suite.

Many thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    Great feedback!

• The swipe is a great idea, but would only work with the limited levels that actually follow an inline pattern.
    • Good call. I definitely know it seems to interrupt the game. I'll try something else to make it more fluid.
    • It was hard to get text that made sense (and apparently I failed). If you look at the numbering, you start on level 1, and the first set is 25 levels (1-25). The next button is 26, and there are 5 levels in that set since they are 5-at-a-time (26-30). Then levels 31-55, 56-60, 61-85, and 86-90.
    • Along with the first point, the levels become pseudo-random and then completely random for both the 1-at-a-time and 5-at-a-time pairings in tougher levels. You'll have to get those from the official catalog when they are loaded. I'm thinking $0.99/game, or $2.99 for a 4-game suite.

Many thanks!
    I do understand the level option now.
    But maybe replace with Beginner, Advanced, Pro etc... might be easier to understand

Thinking about that cutting a single puzzle in up to 25 levels is a bit distracting. I.e. in Level 1 There is a single click needed for playing and 5 to resume playing. Maybe run the Level groups continuously and have scores etc update dynamically in the timer bar (or replace yellow helper rectangles with a single one and a counter and add there).

Sadly no paid apps yet where I am living. Will certainly consider as soon as they are. Your suggested pricing is very fair
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SensorMan View Post
    I do understand the level option now.
    But maybe replace with Beginner, Advanced, Pro etc... might be easier to understand

Thinking about that cutting a single puzzle in up to 25 levels is a bit distracting. I.e. in Level 1 There is a single click needed for playing and 5 to resume playing. Maybe run the Level groups continuously and have scores etc update dynamically in the timer bar (or replace yellow helper rectangles with a single one and a counter and add there).

Sadly no paid apps yet where I am living. Will certainly consider as soon as they are. Your suggested pricing is very fair
    Again, great feedback. I have seen some games that do keep a score tally on the screen, but the text gets pretty small and I'm out of realestate. With Trace (made from the same backbone as Solve and Spell), it's a bit different since some levels are small (1 button click), and some are long (25 buttons to click). I'll give it some thought. What country are you in?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    Again, great feedback. I have seen some games that do keep a score tally on the screen, but the text gets pretty small and I'm out of realestate. With Trace (made from the same backbone as Solve and Spell), it's a bit different since some levels are small (1 button click), and some are long (25 buttons to click). I'll give it some thought. What country are you in?
    Country is Germany - we supposedly get 1.2 with paid apps sometime in November
    Left a few comments about Spell in its thread.