Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post
    It hopefully won't be much longer.
    No it won't.
    Mapara, here is some ideas to make this app better...in my opinion.

1. After you tap the weather icon, you should be able to tap it again for a forecast of some sort. This would eliminate having to keep going to the weather channel app all the time. (:

2. The buttons for calendar and quick call at the bottom are redundant and unnecessary in my opinion. An idea for the calendar button replacement could be a to do list button.

3. The scrolling feeds at the bottom is kinda unnecessary as well, and is really just taking up space and making the buttons on the bottom smaller than what they could be. I say, get rid of the feeds scrolling on the bottom, and just leave the button on top. When we get bored and need some news to read we will tap the button up top.

That's all I can think of right now, thanks for your hard work. keep it up.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I like the feeds idea. However I found that clicking the feeds opens up 1/XX instead of the feed that was currently displaying. It should go to the feed that was displaying in my opinion. If you click on the top it should default to 1, but the reason you may click the bottom feed is that something struck your eye and you want to read that particular feed.

I agree of redundancy of the calendar button. The quick call is different though. the bottom button opens up contacts who upon clicking will create a message box. You can click phone, type a message and send an email, or type a message and send a text. The top one simply calls that person. I like the option.

Agree on the weather thing as well. You built a great app in bWeather. Perhaps just taking that bottom bar and placing it on the bottom of the weather thing would be great. Letting you click to get the forecast, etc. Also should add a refresh button of sorts.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    We all have to wait until palm will display the updated AC on the app catalog. It apparently can take up to 3-4 weeks before it is displayed. I think Mapara said it has been 10 days since he/she (sorry, I don't know) (: has submitted it. It hopefully won't be much longer.
    "Hotfix" now available. Visit ActiveCard forums
    I installed the activator on my phone and it says to fill out the form below, after sending my receipt to ahs@forwebos.com; then press activate. I sent the receipt to the address from my computer. There is no form to fill out other than type your pp address. I put in my paypal address and pushed activate. I got an "error" activated.

Did I do something wrong? Is it activated?

Please help.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I put in my paypal address and pushed activate. I got an "error" activated.

Did I do something wrong? Is it activated?

Please help.
    I got the same thing BUT when i ran AC beta2 it opened fine no pop up disabling the app. i have since deleted the app catalog version and the activator program and restarted AC beta 2 and it all works fine.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I got an "error" activated.
    Did I do something wrong? Is it activated? Please help.

Means it's activated.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I applaud mapara for his efforts, but I have to say the development and official release of this app parallels that of Guns 'N Roses & CHINESE DEMOCRACY.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    We all have to wait until palm will display the updated AC on the app catalog. It apparently can take up to 3-4 weeks before it is displayed. I think Mapara said it has been 10 days since he/she (sorry, I don't know) (: has submitted it. It hopefully won't be much longer.
    Was the update ever released?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomlanphear View Post
    I just installed this and I have to say it really looks nice however I hate having the card open all the time. I know there are users that don't want to clutter up the screen with stuff and that is fine but I want something like this as my today screen not a card I have to open and close all the time. If I am going to open a card I might as well just open whatever I want to look at instead of this.

Customizing your today screen should be a user choice. I used to use the Touch Diamond and loved the way I could customize what was on my screen. A smartphone should be able to be used however the user wants it to be.

If you want just a picture great, if you want weather and upcoming appts, great it is up to you.

Is Palm listening out there????
    I bought a Pre for my wife and she took it back exactly because of this reason! She was very unhappy with the fact that she couldn' customize the home screen and had to waste time in opening up an application to provide information, that in most smart phones, is immediately available when you look at the screen. Whose decision at Palm was it to keep a stupid clean wall paper??? what an *****!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    I bought a Pre for my wife and she took it back exactly because of this reason! She was very unhappy with the fact that she couldn' customize the home screen and had to waste time in opening up an application to provide information, that in most smart phones, is immediately available when you look at the screen. Whose decision at Palm was it to keep a stupid clean wall paper??? what an *****!
    Funny thing. In another thread, someone is complaining that they can't hide all their open cards so that they can just see their wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    whos the ***** lol ha ha ha funny

that ***** is making millions right now and your not ,lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have found that my all day events are not showing up in the calendar view. All other appointments are working so far. Unfortunately, I use all day events quite frequently so this is a big problem for me.
    Can you do any of the ideas on this thread?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...gets-ui-2.html
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Bought the app catalog version, then activated my key, downloaded the beta and it keeps saying "...a new beta will be released in 2 weeks" and the app closes. Anyone else? Any updates? The app catalog version is really nice, but definitely should be cleaned up (especially for $4.99).
    Same here. Is this a timed message or are we really getting another update soon?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Turns out there is a new app catalog version i re downloaded it (for free since i paid already ) of course this version doesnt use the view all calendar trick that the beta home brew version does. so i reinstalled the activator Apps for webOS • View topic - ActiveCard 2 beta preview - remove your time limit UPDATED

ran it then opened up app catalog version 0.3.3 looked at help saw the tiny activation code did a screenshot and zoomed in to read it
    i entered it into the activator page found at link above...it said time limit removed and sure enough the beta worked fine again no popup. i see he added a google calendar sync to app catalog version....but it does me no good all my real stuff is on exchange so ill use the beta.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I tried those steps but the message still won't go away.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    I tried those steps but the message still won't go away.
    It works, I can confirm.

First download the Activator in that link and install it (I did via WOSQI). Then run the activator and follow the instructions. THEN go to Active Card 2 Beta | Full Version registration
    and register your App ID. THEN install the beta and run it. Let me know how it works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    It works, I can confirm.

First download the Activator in that link and install it (I did via WOSQI). Then run the activator and follow the instructions. THEN go to Active Card 2 Beta | Full Version registration
    and register your App ID. THEN install the beta and run it. Let me know how it works out.

This may sound stupid, but what do you type in the box? I did my email, but I thought it wasn't saved.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast