Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Oh well, thats kinda a deal breaker for me. I know weather man is just a picture BUT i was hoping that this would disply like that, but be usable/active, instead of just a picture.
    I'm afraid I don't understand the fascination with putting stuff on a background rather than having a card. Why would you want to have to close all other running apps in order to interact with an app that lets you view calendars, launch other apps, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand the fascination with putting stuff on a background rather than having a card. Why would you want to have to close all other running apps in order to interact with an app that lets you view calendars, launch other apps, etc?
    Well, i keep my cards closed 99% of the time, unless i'm activley using something. My wife just for a Motorola Cliq (she is on t-mobile) running android and thats one of the main things i like on hers, is the widgets running in the background making quick looking at the info you want to see quickly a breeze. other then that i like web os better, though the build of the cliq is much better then my pre, alot heavier, but sturdier feel to it.

hat would REALLY be cool would be if you could have the app as a PAGE in the launcher. Then is would be available ANY time by just pulling up the launcher
    Its a great app. The some of the stuff in the star section doesn't work. Its a great app imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    looks too much like Sense UI to me.
    +1
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Wait this is only a 3 day preview?

I don't get the logic behind this. This and Active Home Screen did the preview thing and I just don't see how that helps the app.

I think having it open to all would generate more feedback and after a certain version it should have a price.

Anyway I think it needs some alignment tweaks because if I have a notification, I can't see the RSS feed on the bottom. Also taping things can be improved.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    App looks pretty good, actually really really good overall but there are a couple things I have found to be a bit buggy already:

1. One of my quick contacts launch was loading the wrong person's contact info. Maintained correct name and pic, but wrong contact info (number and email).
    *Resyncing the contact with issue worked fine.
    2. Star Menu clock is in 24hr format...12hr would be much better. Or an option for one or the other.
    3. The Web Search under the Star Menu loads the full google web page instead of the m.google page. The mobile version here would be much easier to use.
    4. When changing the RSS feed under prefs it does not appear to be changing the RSS feeds from the top of the screen...Only the Ticker is updating.
    *I TAKE THIS BACK, I CHANGED IT A 2ND TIME AND NOW IT PROPERLY UPDATED WITH MY SELECTION.
    **being able to choose your own RSS feed would be awesome here also.
    ***Using it more I have noticed you cannot just disable the ticker without disabling the RSS feed, seems a bit odd, I am guessing that was not the intention???
    5. Not a bug, but being able to access Hour by Hour weather when in the weather widget would be nice as well.
    6. Finally maybe give the option to change the font color because certain backgrounds make it difficult to use with the white text.

Overall, really nice app...and quick too.

Thanks for the hard work.
    Last edited by neoncorey; 10/25/2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: new found info
    What happens after the 3 day preview?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    This version says ALL installed apps are available to launch and ALL calendars are listed. Those 2 were big concerns So this may work nicely now.

time will tell
    The problem will be transitioning these features to the release version in the app catalog. Launching all apps with the on-card launcher shouldn't be a problem, but linking all calendars is an unsupported API, and most likely will not be allowed by Palm.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Am I missing something, this seems to be just another card not a home screen. To do anything else I have to minimize the program which seems counter-intuitave.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    What happens after the 3 day preview?

It wont open anymore! Thats my guess..
    I tried the app, and I like the concept. I have some suggestions here:

1.Calendar and contact quick dial both show up on top and bottom. The precious space can get better use.
    2.Stock quotes.
    3.Three days weather forecasts.
    4.Access to the data of built in Memos and tasks.

Bugs I found,
    1.A lot of calendar events are not showing.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    Am I missing something, this seems to be just another card not a home screen. To do anything else I have to minimize the program which seems counter-intuitave.
    I guess you are

This is more or less an informative card you use to find out info quick without having to have numerous cards open. See calender events, weather, and have quick contacts you can dial, as well as a rss feed with info flashing at the bottom. It is similar to the home screen on WinMo phones, with the exception of your mail ( since webOS has notifications at the bottom)

If you want to minimize the number of cards you have open, this app does it while providing info you want to quickly access.

@mapara

I think the app is done quite well. However I have a few questions and suggestions.

How often is the weather updated and is it possible to have the weather update based on GPS location and in shorter intervals?

In the mini calendar, I would suggestion you have a separator between the events/days. I like how haeffb setup agenda.

Also, is there a way for the app/card to scale to a smaller size? If there is a notification, it interferes with the visibility of the screen. I know the screen can be moved so I can see the rss feeds, but it is a gripe/suggestion. Some users may know know the card can scroll up and down. I typically have quick system task in the notification area at all times.

Oh well, there goes my 3 cents and a penny.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    WOW!! This should be a theme patch for the phone! Where do i pay????
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Oh well, thats kinda a deal breaker for me. I know weather man is just a picture BUT i was hoping that this would disply like that, but be usable/active, instead of just a picture.
    Think about it. Once it becomes "active," it's no longer a background. It's a foreground app. It has to be, because things that are on a background are, by definition, not usable.

What you want, I suspect, is an app that auto-opens when another app isn't in the front?

Here's my trick: I make this app a button on my quick launch bar. Then, whenever I want it, it's a swipe away.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Nice to be able to finally try AC and compare to AHS (for which I paid my donation a while back).

They are very similar apps. In fact, I think too similar. I know that you've complained, at times, that you are very busy and that it takes a long time to release fixes (or reset people's lost AHS registrations). Fair enough. But perhaps if you didn't split your time between two virtually-the-same apps?

I presume that they share some of the same code, but I also notice that some things that are the same in both apps works in AHS but not AC?

On the other hand, if this is you way of having an App Catalog product (AC) and a homebrew app (AHS), then by all means!
    After coming back to my Pre from trying the TP2, I hope someone comes up with a home screen that sort of mimics Winmo. I miss it & I think it wouuld be a home run. Too much wasted space on the Pre's home screen imho. Can't find AHS anywhere in homebrew to try. Where is it?
    I like this app, with a few recommendations. The contacts icon on the top right corner of the screen is greyed out. The bottom right button works, but displays only 5 of my 6 contacts. It is very annoying to lose the ticker every time I get a notification--and there are some apps that I run in tray mode, so it really isn't compatible at this point. I wonder how often the weather refreshes? I love being able to choose my own wallpaper and the number and kind of apps I have access to from the card. Lastly, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but against a dark-ish background there is a visible line horizontally across the screen at the bottom of the top row of icons. I find it distracting. Thanks for your hard work. I prefer this to AHS, btw.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    After the 3 days will this app be up for purchase?
    I just installed this and I have to say it really looks nice however I hate having the card open all the time. I know there are users that don't want to clutter up the screen with stuff and that is fine but I want something like this as my today screen not a card I have to open and close all the time. If I am going to open a card I might as well just open whatever I want to look at instead of this.

Customizing your today screen should be a user choice. I used to use the Touch Diamond and loved the way I could customize what was on my screen. A smartphone should be able to be used however the user wants it to be.

If you want just a picture great, if you want weather and upcoming appts, great it is up to you.

Is Palm listening out there????
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast