Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81
  1. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Thanks man can't wait for that update. Now since both Hibiki radio and Net2Stream only have a light versions which are pretty much useless since they have no options this is by far my favorite streaming app. I just hope you don't drop us homebrew guys like the other two did.
    Nope. I won't drop you folks. This app will always remain free/ad supported. In fact, this app might remain homebrew until Palm opens up the SDK to allow for headphone control and volume control. Without those, the app loses a lot of functionality and it would look pretty bare without the volume slider on the audio player screen.
  2. pieler8's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #62  
    Great app so far!

    Here's a minor bug, not sure if it was reported. When you use the stop button to stop a feed, the song title doesn't refresh after you starting playing the feed again. It'll just say the song you stopped on
  3. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by net2streams View Post
    dkotoric1,

    We never droped our homebrew users. Before we uploaded the lite version we had the pro version available for our users. PM me if you are interested in our app.

    Doc!!! Great work! nicely done!

    Not to hijack a thread, I just wanted to say I wish ALL developers releasing in homebrew would give the early users the pay version upon release. Any new users, would be new and have to buy the pay version. For us homebrew users to go through the beta testing process, it should be worth something that is for sure.

    Back on topic here... Doc, I was surprised you said that the current version was to fix some crashes. I've streamed with it for a few days with NO crashes ever.

    Great job Doc.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Not to hijack a thread, I just wanted to say I wish ALL developers releasing in homebrew would give the early users the pay version upon release. Any new users, would be new and have to buy the pay version. For us homebrew users to go through the beta testing process, it should be worth something that is for sure.

    Back on topic here... Doc, I was surprised you said that the current version was to fix some crashes. I've streamed with it for a few days with NO crashes ever.

    Great job Doc.
    I agree with both of your topics. First we test their applications and make and help them make them what they are. In some instances donate for their work which I have done on some and NOT doing it again. After that they pull it and have to pay for it again. What was my donation for then.

    Anyway doc I have not had this app crash at all yet.
  5. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Back on topic here... Doc, I was surprised you said that the current version was to fix some crashes. I've streamed with it for a few days with NO crashes ever.

    Great job Doc.
    There was a problem with the back on the audio player scene. If you pressed back quickly, as in right after pulling up that screen, it would lock up the app. Also, there was some reports of crashing when closing the app (also probably related to that back button). Changed the code around a bit and it should improve the issues.

    Again, I'm urging everybody to upgrade to the latest version of the app before sending me even more email about the two problems. I'm getting kind of flooded.

    Doc
  6. #66  
    BroadCast is seriously using some magic sauce with this app. It is just amazing how fast it connects to a radio station and how well it stays connected even while driving from one city to another. Congrats once again! Now, if you could only make the song titles font a bit bigger or stand out a bit more...
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Track titles, headphone toggle friendly and dashboard!?!
    Stoked!
    Big thanks for your efforts and can't wait to get these functions.. . Finally.
    +2

    I prefer better UI. The purple bars to show the amount of listeners is too overbearing and unnecessary. It catches the eyes and it doesn't need to because it is an irrelevant statistic. The fact that it's a bright purple is, like I said, intrusive.

    Again, the UI needs to be more color friendly. It's clean, but there is just a "feeling" to it that we receive from colors. That's due to color psychology (not preaching here, just trying to help) Color symbolism and psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. If you alter the UI with better colors to make us feel, more at home I guess, then I think it would be a lot better and more acceptable.
  8. #68  
    Hey Doc,

    I know someone mentioned that the app does not reconnect after a call. It's still happening in the new version as well.
  9. #69  
    i know i said this b4 but great work! i love this app! looks like u touch a nerve 2 former homebrew apps! LOL!
  10. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Hey Doc,

    I know someone mentioned that the app does not reconnect after a call. It's still happening in the new version as well.
    Working on it. I'm writing another application that uses similar audio functions for another company so I can just shift it back into BroadCAST when that one is completed.

    Doc
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Working on it. I'm writing another application that uses similar audio functions for another company so I can just shift it back into BroadCAST when that one is completed.

    Doc
    Thanks for the update!
  12. #72  
    Put this through the ringer thie weekend. Some quick notes. Sometimes when searching for a station nothing comes back, which leads to the station I want to play even though it's on my favorite's it won't stream. Also it seems it buffers sometimes and reconnects and sometimes it wont.
  13. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Put this through the ringer thie weekend. Some quick notes. Sometimes when searching for a station nothing comes back, which leads to the station I want to play even though it's on my favorite's it won't stream. Also it seems it buffers sometimes and reconnects and sometimes it wont.
    Search is iffy right now. Sometimes shoutcast returns no results or returns malformed results. I haven't figured out how to handle those yet. I'll look into it. Favorites, you'll probably have to update those every now and then. Shoutcast changes the ids of the stations on a regular basis. In the next version, I think I'm going to change to a different method of storing the stations that should take care of that issue. Reconnection issues will be solved in the next version with watchdog implementation in the audio player.

    I've got to finish this other program first, though (non-homebrew app for a company).

    Doc
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Search is iffy right now. Sometimes shoutcast returns no results or returns malformed results. I haven't figured out how to handle those yet. I'll look into it. Favorites, you'll probably have to update those every now and then. Shoutcast changes the ids of the stations on a regular basis. In the next version, I think I'm going to change to a different method of storing the stations that should take care of that issue. Reconnection issues will be solved in the next version with watchdog implementation in the audio player.

    I've got to finish this other program first, though (non-homebrew app for a company).

    Doc
    Thanks for kepping me updated! I loved the way it minimized while I had the navigation running and saw what song I was listening to. Keep up the good work.
  15. #75  
    Can u update the app so i can listen through my bluetooth?
  16. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshowtime718 View Post
    Can u update the app so i can listen through my bluetooth?
    It already works with bluetooth headsets. On most bluetooth headsets that have remote controls, those will work as well (the profiles on the remote keys sometimes very a bit by manufacturer).

    Doc
  17. #77  
    This is a great app, my favorite Shoutcast app by far. The volume slider is genius, and should be standard on all audio apps. My main suggestion to make this app perfect, is to add some kind of "Car Mode" or "quick mode" that you could switch to to make the interface more car and gym friendly. Something with larger buttons and larger text so it's easier to read while on the go.
  18. dbeedle's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    It already works with bluetooth headsets. On most bluetooth headsets that have remote controls, those will work as well (the profiles on the remote keys sometimes very a bit by manufacturer).

    Doc
    I do notice that sometimes by head set is not recongnized as being able to do music. In bluetooth settings deactivating and reactivating the headset corrects the issue. I beleive this has happened since the last OS update and doesn't seem to be Broadcast Radio related.

    I do, however, see a battery drain sometimes while on a touchstone and while off EVDO connecting is pretty iffy. Probably to be expected but Pandora, for example, seems able to work though this. Just a couple observations.

    Thanks for all the work on this!
    TTFN
  19. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    I do, however, see a battery drain sometimes while on a touchstone and while off EVDO connecting is pretty iffy. Probably to be expected but Pandora, for example, seems able to work though this. Just a couple observations.

    Thanks for all the work on this!
    It has to do with the quality of the stream that Pandora sends and how they send it. Pandora basically sends down the entire mp3 and starts playing it back as soon as enough is in the buffer. So you're using network data for the time it takes to download a 3-4 minute song (around 5-7 seconds at 96 kbps which appears to be the settings for Pandora EVDO). With a streaming radio station, however, you are constantly downloading data. The network connection is always open and the buffer isn't fully filled all of the time. This and the fact that you can stream stations that are at a higher bitrate than 96kbps, leads to more battery usage.

    Doc
  20. #80  
    i am experiencing a memory leak in this app. i can see the mem% in top slowly climbing for this app. it started at 38%iah and is over 50% now. last night it eventually crashed my phone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions