Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Also, a few things:

1. If you're going to hit the App Catalog, using the com.palm.* namespace for the app is basically a cardinal sin; moreso if you're using undoc'd service API calls.
    I've heard that. There's only two undocumented API calls that I'm using which are media events for headphone control and system volume for volume control. Hopefully by the time it's released to the App Catalog, those APIs are opened to the general public. This release is mainly for the PreCentral users.

2. You'll need to adhere to the app menu hierarchy (About, Preferences, Help) the other apps use.
    Yeah...I'm lazy.

3. If I hit the 'Disclaimer' before entering the main scene, the main scene begins to respawn itself in perpetuity.
    Thanks for catching that. Should be fixed in 0.2.0.

Doc
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm dying to add my fav radio stations, I just can't figure this out! Where can I find the pls? url? Will it play AM stations as well?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    Okay, I'm dying to add my fav radio stations, I just can't figure this out! Where can I find the pls? url? Will it play AM stations as well?
    It's difficult to find these things. Not every station uses PLS files and not every station is supported by the Pre due to codec problems. I'll have an application coming in a few weeks that will have AM listings in it as well. Pretty much every single terrestrial radio station supported by the Pre.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    That one was actually created by SHOUTcast themselves.
    The original one I made was for SHOUTcast, contract work, with ads that made money for AOL/SHOUTcast. Then, a week ago, they decided to pull the contract and switch to partnership so I had to rename everything, change the ad scheme and ad those darn powered by logos everywhere. Said they were looking to expand in another direction. Bummer. Oh well. Onto the next company.

Doc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    The original one I made was for SHOUTcast, contract work, with ads that made money for AOL/SHOUTcast. Then, a week ago, they decided to pull the contract and switch to partnership so I had to rename everything, change the ad scheme and ad those darn powered by logos everywhere. Said they were looking to expand in another direction. Bummer. Oh well. Onto the next company.

Doc
    Doc, that sucks! I mean, great that if it hadn't happened, I don't know that we would be seeing it right now. Not great that they canceled on you! All the more reason to support you right now. How much revenue can you get from the advertisements in it? Time for you to have a donation link until you hit the catalog.

I have been streaming all day with no issues the radio station stream. I have it hooked to usb for power, and desktop speakers to listen to it. My employer recently came out and put their foot down on streaming stuff over the net here. Our bandwidth use for legit purposes recently went way up.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Awesome work guys! I have all the existing shoutcast players on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I should add that I have all of them too. I'm evaluating them all for now. For me a lot has to do with the developer and how open they are to suggestions, and working with people. I love this community. One of these days I hope to consider myself a developer I think. However I have a LONG ways to go.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Need to add the comedy channels
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rowehc View Post
    Need to add the comedy channels
    Some comedy channels are listed under News/Talk.

Update coming at the end of the day. Should be a nice speed/efficiency improvement.

Doc
    yeah i got a new radio app
    Great, thanks for share.....

umpff after closing the app -> pre reboots Oo -.-
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bam2000 View Post
    yeah i got a new radio app
    Great, thanks for share.....

umpff after closing the app -> pre reboots Oo -.-
    Yeah. That's one of the issues that I'm trying to sort out right now. It might have something to do with the fading ring graphic being too much for the system to handle, it might be due to a handler that needs to be removed. It's a pain trying to troubleshoot WebOS apps when something like this occurs. There's nothing in the logs that indicates there should be a problem. Hopefully tonight's update will fix some of these issues.

Doc
    Can you add support for m3u streams also? One of my favorite radios stations does not use pls. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrogz View Post
    Can you add support for m3u streams also? One of my favorite radios stations does not use pls. Thanks!
    For consistency in the program, only pls streams will be supported in this program. Wait a few weeks and I'll have another program out that will offer a lot more.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    RELEASE 0.2.0: Everybody should upgrade to the 0.2.0. It fixes graphics problems when other dashboards/notifications are present and greatly improves crash handling. It also slightly improves battery life and bandwidth usage. I also added the Comedy genre as requested by rowehc.

It's also compatible with the Palm Pixi whenever that is released.

Again, I encourage everybody to please upgrade to version 0.2.0 and focus on it. Help me kill the bugs if you see them before I send this off to Palm.

Thank you,
    Doc
    RELEASE 0.2.0: Everybody should upgrade to the 0.2.0. It fixes graphics problems when other dashboards/notifications are present and greatly improves crash handling. It also slightly improves battery life and bandwidth usage. I also added the Comedy genre as requested by rowehc.

It's also compatible with the Palm Pixi whenever that is released.

Again, I encourage everybody to please upgrade to version 0.2.0 and focus on it. Help me kill the bugs if you see them before I send this off to Palm.

Thank you,
    Doc
    Thanks for the update. This is the first app where you can go back and look at other stations while the current station continues playing. Great addition. The only recommendation I would make is to have it include ALL shoutcast genre's like the Shoutcast app. I has all of them. I like your app better but would like to be able to see all of the genre's. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Great update and I'm glad it remembered my favorites..

I should have hit you up before 2.0 but it possible to have the app just pick up where it left off from last time? That's one feature about Pandora I really enjoy being able to just tap on the app and its rollin'.
    I basically listen to the same 2-3 stations anyways.

Thanks again for your hard work and will report any bugs if experienced.

(geez, I just noticed I can stop and play from the dashboard.. Was too into being able to actually see track and artist info there. NICE)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Thanks for the update. This is the first app where you can go back and look at other stations while the current station continues playing. Great addition. The only recommendation I would make is to have it include ALL shoutcast genre's like the Shoutcast app. I has all of them. I like your app better but would like to be able to see all of the genre's. Thanks.
    In a future release, you'll be able to modify the Station's scene to include anything from the large list of stations. You'll be able to add/delete genres so it'll be customizable. I'm currently going through the entire list and formatting it to my program's specifications for the Station's scene. Needless to say, it's taking awhile. Not to mention, it takes a long time to load the list of all of the available stations even with the list being local. I need to find a way to speed that up.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Without USB I'm getting an average of 450-550mAh, 35-40% drain per hour after 10min of playback.

(Daemon here at PreCentral held my balls to the wall about this in my thread, and Palm battery tests itself after making you sign off that it you've optimized it, so I thought these stats might be handy.)
    I find that rather hard to believe unless you're constantly keeping the screen on. When the screen is in the off position, everything is killed except the audioplayer which uses the same setup as Pandora. In my tests today, I get about 30 minutes less time using BroadCAST than I do with Pandora (which could have to do with listening to a higher quality stream than Pandora puts out). The only thing that takes excessive power when the screen is on is the animation (fading rings) on the player screen.

I'll look into it further but I don't think there's much more I can do about it and I don't think many other people are complaining about the battery life. Obviously the app is getting some usage considering there were 714,780 ad requests in the last 2 days (polling at 30-45 second intervals when the screen is on).

Doc
    In a future release, you'll be able to modify the Station's scene to include anything from the large list of stations. You'll be able to add/delete genres so it'll be customizable. I'm currently going through the entire list and formatting it to my program's specifications for the Station's scene. Needless to say, it's taking awhile. Not to mention, it takes a long time to load the list of all of the available stations even with the list being local. I need to find a way to speed that up.

Doc
    Thanks man can't wait for that update. Now since both Hibiki radio and Net2Stream only have a light versions which are pretty much useless since they have no options this is by far my favorite streaming app. I just hope you don't drop us homebrew guys like the other two did.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Thanks man can't wait for that update. Now since both Hibiki radio and Net2Stream only have a light versions which are pretty much useless since they have no options this is by far my favorite streaming app. I just hope you don't drop us homebrew guys like the other two did.
    dkotoric1,

We never droped our homebrew users. Before we uploaded the lite version we had the pro version available for our users. PM me if you are interested in our app.

Doc!!! Great work! nicely done!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast