Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great app! My favorite Shoutcast client by far!

One small bug, though- when I am playing a stream and a call comes in, the stream stops. When the call is over, the stream stays stopped. Shouldn't it start playing again, or is this feature just a part of the built-in Music player?
    Thanks for making me spend several more hours finding the stations that I so love. This is definitely another app I would pay for. Great Job!!! I can get the AOL stations and Yahoo stations now!! play.it Radio Player

when I add the custom stations http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c...T=CBSWebPlayer or http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c...KMVKHD2AAC.pls The current song and artist information doesn't come up like shoutcast. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post

One small bug, though- when I am playing a stream and a call comes in, the stream stops. When the call is over, the stream stays stopped. Shouldn't it start playing again, or is this feature just a part of the built-in Music player?
    I am seeing the same thing I have to hit play again after receiving a phone call.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/24/2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks for making spend several more hours find the stations that I so love. This is definitely another app I would pay for. Great Job!!! I can get the AOL stations and Yahoo stations now!! play.it Radio Player

when I add the custom stations http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c...T=CBSWebPlayer or http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c...KMVKHD2AAC.pls The current song and artist information doesn't come up like shoutcast. Am I missing something?
    It's not something that I can overcome with the current WebOS API. It's a problem with using reflected/multicast streams. Maybe if Palm opens things up a bit, but as of right now, there's nothing I can do about it.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post

I'll look into it and see if I can make that work more efficiently. The alpha release I did resumed the stream but I've moved a lot of things around since then. Look for an improvement in an upcoming release.

Doc
    Yeah no doubt this application is awesome! And I'm using it right now as I type this in my car. I'm parked by the way, waiting for the wife. A minor thing that I've noticed is that the name of the songs font size and color make it hard to read them in the car. Is it possible you can make the font for the song name bigger and white? Dark blue doesn't contrast well with the background. Thank You
    why arent they posting this on filecoaster?
    Hey this app is great I streamed a shoutcast station all day in my car while working on my son's engine. I do notice it is a tremendous drain on the battery, I had the charger plugged up and it wouldn't get over 16% even after I closed the app the battery drained fast like in a matter of minutes with nothing running it went to 8%. I rebooted just to clear up any memory leaks. Still a great app though and thanks for adding the ability for us to add our own stations. You really need to have a donate button I would gladly donate money for this app.

Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    It's not something that I can overcome with the current WebOS API. It's a problem with using reflected/multicast streams. Maybe if Palm opens things up a bit, but as of right now, there's nothing I can do about it.

Doc
    ok thanks for checking it out.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Hey this app is great I streamed a shoutcast station all day in my car while working on my son's engine. I do notice it is a tremendous drain on the battery, I had the charger plugged up and it wouldn't get over 16% even after I closed the app the battery drained fast like in a matter of minutes with nothing running it went to 8%. I rebooted just to clear up any memory leaks. Still a great app though and thanks for adding the ability for us to add our own stations. You really need to have a donate button I would gladly donate money for this app..
    It's really as battery efficient as it can possibly be. It's setup so that when your screen is off, the only thing that runs is the audio. Literally, nothing else runs. No track title parsing, no animations, no ads...nothing. It's just the nature of a constant stream over EVDO/wifi that eats the battery. ps aux and top don't indicate a memory leak.

But in terms of it not charging past 16%. I've never encountered that. I've got it charging to 100% consistently connected to the computer over USB. I'll look into it more.

And a donate link will be coming...in the meantime, you can always click on ads...

Doc
    ps aux and top don't indicate a memory leak.
    Not sure what you mean? But as soon as I rebooted my battery stopped draining so fast.

But in terms of it not charging past 16%. I've never encountered that. I've got it charging to 100% consistently connected to the computer over USB. I'll look into it more.

And a donate link will be coming...in the meantime, you can always click on ads...

Doc
    Granted I was using my car charger to power the Pre while streaming the station so maybe the car charger just doesn't have the juice to give it a good charge while the music is playing.

I noticed that after I stopped using the app in the car and tried in house I go no sound. I ran the interactive test and sound worked. I had to plug a headset into Pre while having the app open to get sound to stream out of the speaker only in that app, all other sounds worked ringtones, text messages etc when the app was closed, once open no sounds until I plugged and unplugged the headphone. It is working fine now since I did that.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/24/2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I noticed that after I stopped using the app in the car and tried in house I go no sound. I ran the interactive test and sound worked. I had to plug a headset into Pre while having the app open to get sound to stream out of the speaker only in that app, all other sounds worked ringtones, text messages etc when the app was closed, once open no sounds until I plugged and unplugged the headphone. It is working fine now since I did that.
    I have noticed quirkiness like that in every audio app.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I would like to have a way to edit favorites. If there is a way, I haven't found it yet. Basically edit both the favorite name and the url. Sometimes I fat finger things
    -----------------
    My workaround is to send all my streams to evernote and then copy and paste into broadcast. Typing the name is easy and if I mess up I can just go back and copy and paste again.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Hey this is great, you need a donate button. I am finally able to listen to my favorite jazz station again that was moved to HD2 in the DFW metroplex. You need a donate button. http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c...KMVKHD2AAC.pls

I found this stream using URL snooper I am still trying to find the stream feed for KRNB - 105.7 the New R&B how would I go about doing that?
    It appears that KRNB streams in Windows Media Audio...
    -----------------
    Darn, well I guess I will have to make use of the 30,000+ radio stations. Did you know you could add the AOl and Yahoo stations? I am going to try musicmatch later tonight to see how that works.

I didn't know Yahoo bought out musicmatch!!
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/24/2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Darn, well I guess I will have to make use of the 30,000+ radio stations. Did you know you could add the AOl and Yahoo stations? I am going to try musicmatch later tonight to see how that works.

I didn't know Yahoo bought out musicmatch!!
    I have only found the cbs station links so far. I'd like to find the others. how are you adding aol and yahoo?

Oh, and how did you paste? I didn't find a way to be able to paste in to broadcast...
    -----------------
    I opened up the CBS radio app and clicked on the link I wanted to hear. Url snooper finds the usable links and I just copy to clipboard and then paste to evernote.

Evernote is installed on my desktop and that makes it easier. To paste in broadcast, I just click in the URL name field and then place my finger in the gesture area until the light lights up and with my finger still in the gesture area, I click the V for paste, and viola it is there.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Ok. 0.1.9 just hit the homebrew network and is available in FileCoaster.

Let me know if you find any problems. I'm sure there will be quite a few.

Doc
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    This is great!
    Nice touch adding a volume slider switch and having the artist / track title rules. (especially in a dashboard)

Did a quick test with 'battery monitor' and its about what I expected in usage for streaming music. On average from a full charge it could stream for approx 4 hours before needing a recharge. I would get about the same results from Pandora and Net2Streams so its all good.
    Thanks again and I'm excited to see what little tweaks happen to make this even better but no complaints so far. (except I can't figure out how to add a local station but I'm not too tech savvy..)
    This is the best shoutcast app ever!!!! it looks just like the one in my ipod touch. was it develop by the same firm? Man it works great!

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Very good first release; I suspect I know how you're grabbing those titles (which I won't mention in public), but if it's what I think, it's a fairly system-intensive path I really didn't want to go down--instead asking for specific handlers from Palm to maintain a single-stream pathway because you're effectively consuming twice the bandwidth otherwise.
    Nope.

Overall, I like where it's going. I get some lag here and there in the interface, but list updating will do that.

You're going to keep me on my toes, aren't you?
    The lag is probably caused by the Powered By SHOUTcast logo animation. I hate the branding requirements but what are you going to do?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast