Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I am at a loss for words...
    I thought you... were..... joking... but........... oh man. What the...?!

/Kevin
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Opal,

How are you doing? Nice to meet you.

I was trying to undestand better where you are coing from so I went to your website.

I read your 10/20/09 blog your wrote:
    So the NIH found a liquid outside their offices from you and did not call the police.

And you cured the "N1H1" "deiese".

I am sure that the teams that have been working on H1N1 will be happy to hear of your success.

And now 2 days later you "will be adding features" to Preware.

I did not understand what you meant when you offered to let us join your team.

- Craig
    Hehe. Yes I was seeing how good I was at writing mock news storys. Apparently the first requirement is to always use spell check and actually correct the N1H1 to H1N1. =D Thanks for your input Craig
    Last edited by Opal Coba; 10/22/2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal Coba View Post
    Added README.txt
    I don't see it yet at https://opalcoba.sourcerepo.com/opal...Source%20Code/

Is that your working repository, or did you just put up a snapshot?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    there is no spoon
    Look if this is a BS app and this whole thing is a scam. The for gods sake, please get this thing down from the Homebrew apps catalog before more people try and download this thing.

And who knows if this isn't some kind of 'gotcha' and will screw up people's Pre.

Sysop are you listening to this thread!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hahaha.. The help option links to the preware wiki.. Is this the new version of preware? On principle - I completely support the theme-ing of preware.. Nice icon.. Can you make me a cydiar app?
    I am not going to even pretend to be polite about this.

Mods, this is either a joke or it is entirely unfinished. Open-source or not, this app has no place inside of Homebrew Apps. It will only serve (as it has already) to confused and befuddle new users.

Thanks for removing it until further clarification is gained.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Look if this is a BS app and this whole thing is a scam. The for gods sake, please get this thing down from the Homebrew apps catalog before more people try and download this thing.

And who knows if this isn't some kind of 'gotcha' and will screw up people's Pre.

Sysop are you listening to this thread!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by webfellow View Post
    I am not going to even pretend to be polite about this.

Mods, this is either a joke or it is entirely unfinished. Open-source or not, this app has no place inside of Homebrew Apps. It will only serve (as it has already) to confused and befuddle new users.

Thanks for removing it until further clarification is gained.
    I have no idea where people came to the conclusion of a joke app... My intentions are all good. Right now Installer is Alpha, cause it is basically PreWare. I will be adding features but right now, I am getting my bearings with hombrew app catalog. And mapping out new features.
    This is not to dissuade your development, by all means, hone your open-source skills and learn about Preware.

But it is irresponsible to publish your app through a popular officially-unofficial channel when you have made no functional changes to the original app that you are branching from.

Get your bearings with a Hello World app or something equally similar; not with a critical piece of software.
    Last edited by webfellow; 10/22/2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: .
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't see it yet at https://opalcoba.sourcerepo.com/opal...Source%20Code/

Is that your working repository, or did you just put up a snapshot?

-- Rod
    Sorry, computer fell asleep while checking in its up now.
    I have no idea where people came to the conclusion of a joke app... My intentions are all good. Right now Installer is Alpha, cause it is basically PreWare. I will be adding features but right now, I am getting my bearings with hombrew app catalog. And mapping out new features.
    Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Opal,

How are you doing? Nice to meet you.

I was trying to undestand better where you are coing from so I went to your website.

I read your 10/20/09 blog your wrote:
    So the NIH found a liquid outside their offices from you and did not call the police.

And you cured the "N1H1" "deiese".

I am sure that the teams that have been working on H1N1 will be happy to hear of your success.

And now 2 days later you "will be adding features" to Preware.

I did not understand what you meant when you offered to let us join your team.

- Craig

It came from that!!!!!!! And I also check out the websites you listed myself!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hehe. Yes I was seeing how good I was at writing mock news storys. Apparently the first requirement is to always use spell check and actually correct the N1H1 to H1N1. =D Thanks for your input Craig

And maybe this from your own words!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

BTW, is Installer the first version of the homebrew app store you were referring to back on 24th July in http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...evlepment.html ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Opal,

Preware 0.9.5 has just been released. You can find the source code in the usual place ...

We've added more verbose status and error messages, and now have an initial implementation of dependency multi-update, but it's not 100% complete yet.

I'll be interested in whether you can finish off the dependency multi-update code overnight for us ...

BTW, great Facebook page

-- Rod
    ~_~ this thread is lolol.

IMO this fork shouldn't have been released without at least Some new functionality. It really is just going to confuse new users who figure 'Installer' is probably the program they need to install homebrew/patches/themes. Im not saying that it couldn't be, but its already lacking features... (in comparison to preware 0.9.5)

Im not bashing your idea, by all means run with it and maybe we will eventually have two very different managers.... I just think that we don't need 2 of the same app at this point in time.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Opal,

Preware 0.9.5 has just been released. You can find the source code in the usual place ...

We've added more verbose status and error messages, and now have an initial implementation of dependency multi-update, but it's not 100% complete yet.

I'll be interested in whether you can finish off the dependency multi-update code overnight for us ...

BTW, great Facebook page

-- Rod
    Hello! The facebook page isnt really me >.> I'll look over the update and update Installer, in the meantime while Installer does not have any great functionality over PreWare I am removing it from the Homebrew App Catalog. As some feedback told me I may be confusing new users to hombrew. Thanks for your feedback!
  17.    #97  
    I love the new tag line 'We did it first' =D
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    To all who are hating on Opal Coba

Opal Coba comes out says he wants to make preware better, and you guys are shooting him down. Should had he talked to the internals guys first? probably. But he gave is reasoning

He just wanted to mess around and learn, without screwing with preware and bothering the devs, and you guys are scolding him for it? And then, then, you blame him for people that wonder in and are too dumb to figure out to do stuff that is in the instructions littered throughout precentral on how to do it, who are we, apple? Must we control the environment so no one gets confused, rejecting a app that makes it look your screen is cracked, because people might get confused and think its actually cracked?

You all need to a least see what he does with it first, at least.

I hope you have fun Opal Coba
    I am a HUGE fan of rwhitby and his work. However, I would have to agree with your post. At first I wanted to criticize him for the direction of events.... After reading the some of the .... Suggestions? I think you guys are being a little hard. Give him a chance to fail or perhaps, evolve something great. Instead of demanding this, and demanding that, give him a chance.

I commend Opal for not engaging in this ****ing match.
    wow. No peeing matches?
    I am down for the OpenSource sharing, I use Ubuntu at home, People with windows computers dont understand the OpenSource community (its going to be ok) Thats how things get better (unlike windows) But hope to see new features soon. I have a list of things I would like to see.
    1. I had a thread about somone having a ringtone app more info within this thread (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...gtone-app.html) if you can add a feature to your installer would be great.
    2. Something like winterboard (found on the iPhone) being able to customize your theme even more. Adding features like certain battery icons, lock screen icons, main icons, background etc. ( I know there are themes but if it was more user friendly that the user can pick and choose would be awsome)
    3. More Categories within the themes selection..
    Thats all for now.... (JUST A THOUGHT)
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast