Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal Coba View Post
    Rod is updating of feeds handled in Preware or in package manger?
    Updating feeds is in package manager since IPKG has to QUERY each feed and then pass the JSON back to the mojo app.

well, ok, the app asks the service (package manager) for a feed update, the service asks IPKG for it, IPKG feeds back an string, the service parses the string, the app takes the parsed string and does formatting stuff to it.

It's "complex." You really need to read source. This is most generally discussed and development work don on #webos-internals on freenode.net

Come join in
    I keep getting traffic manager not running. ?
  3.    #23  
    you need to use webos quickinstall to get the package manager from the folks at webos-internals
    Was afraid of that. Everytime I run my Webos install it doesnt recognize that my pre is hooked up. Owell. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Rod, personally I'd love to see an option to disable theme feeds on preware.. They take too much time to load, and I generally don't use them.

-mark
    +1
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NesPre View Post
    Was afraid of that. Everytime I run my Webos install it doesnt recognize that my pre is hooked up. Owell. Thanks.
    have you enabled dev mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    +1!

I have zero interest in themes and therefore there's no point in having theme feeds slowing down PreWare on my device.
    Preware already has this capability.

App Menu -> Preferences -> Feeds (top-right corner button)

Disable and enable feeds as you please.

You can also use the Preferences to only update the feeds once a day, or even make it manual.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    +1
    The functionality to do that has been there for some time.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Welcome to the WebOS Quick Install and Package Manager Service support team ;-)

-- Rod
    One of the things I am going to make updating feeds faster, Preware is great but it loads slowly.
    What ideas do you have? The open source convention is that ideas are discussed openly, and code is committed to public repositories for other groups to see and comment on (and even help improve) even before that code becomes part of a public release.

And I may want to work on the PreWare team.
    I'm surprised that you haven't even contacted us before publicly releasing a fork ...

You have every right to do so without contacting us (and I will defend anyone's right to make a fork of an open source package), but the open source community conventions are that people usually try very very hard to work with an existing established open source team before creating a fork ...

-- Rod
    I am currently setting it up. It will be up within hours.
    Excellent. I look forward to seeing your contributions. More open source developers is always a good thing.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by NesPre View Post
    NesPre, assuming you have followed all the steps correctly, including enabling dev mode, I can think of one more thing that might be causing your problem with WebOS Quick Install:

I had once installed novacom before the public SDK was available. I had since deleted the SDK (but I still had a novacom service, but it didn't work). WebOS QI did not work until I reinstalled the SDK - then it worked perfectly!

(With any bit of luck, you're having a similar problem.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    i wish palm would make it so i don't need to patch
    Let me try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    NesPre, assuming you have followed all the steps correctly, including enabling dev mode, I can think of one more thing that might be causing your problem with WebOS Quick Install:

I had once installed novacom before the public SDK was available. I had since deleted the SDK (but I still had a novacom service, but it didn't work). WebOS QI did not work until I reinstalled the SDK - then it worked perfectly!

(With any bit of luck, you're having a similar problem.)
    I will try and remove the SDK and see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you look around for the swap patch and open more cards patch they together speed up calender by 100% so check that out if you want a faster calender
    Could you explain more about this swap and more cards patch and where to find them?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What ideas do you have? The open source convention is that ideas are discussed openly, and code is committed to public repositories for other groups to see and comment on (and even help improve) even before that code becomes part of a public release.

I'm surprised that you haven't even contacted us before publicly releasing a fork ...

You have every right to do so without contacting us (and I will defend anyone's right to make a fork of an open source package), but the open source community conventions are that people usually try very very hard to work with an existing established open source team before creating a fork ...

-- Rod
    Your right I should have conatcted the team, but I am a learning develeper I did not want to mess with the actual preware.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Rod, personally I'd love to see an option to disable theme feeds on preware.. They take too much time to load, and I generally don't use them.

-mark
    +1
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    +1
    Its in preferences

UPDATE: Source code download posted.
    well opal i wish you luck in your learning to develop..im sure you'll do some good things. i say good luck to you sir.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast