Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE 1.0.1: the player pices now move from spot to spot, as requested.

Made at request of my kids.

classic snakes and ladders with 3 background any advice and bug reports welcome.

It should be uploaded to the homebrew catalog soon.

Abe

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abegee; 10/20/2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Update 1.0.1
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Wow, old school...will give it a shot when its available.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Looks like you had a lot of fun, I'll look foward to trying it out when you post it to homebrew.
  4.    #4  
    It should be available.
    crap, now my kids r gonna have another reason to "use my Pre"
  6.    #6  
    @mahootzki
    i hope to make an online version so your kids can play on the computer and leave your pre alone.
    Very cool! Definitely going to try it out.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great game, couple of suggestions:

1. Possibly make the board bigger/landscape
    2. In Ladders & Chutes that green is horrid
    3. Also the app icon looks a bit blurred
  9.    #9  
    1. landscape can't really make it bigger unless ionly show part of the board.
    2. fully agree in ladders and chutes the green is uglyyyy ( the kids like it though so it may have to stay )
    3. the app icon will be made a little nicer eventually.

thanks for the help.

Abe
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Very cool stuff. I like board games on my portable devices.

One bug: In "Ladders and Chutes" mode, the slide from 56 to 53 is not visible. (It's clearly visible in "Original" mode.)

One suggestion: If possible, make the pieces follow the board. Right now, if the move would take the player from one row to a higher row, the piece simply slides up to the new spot. It would be easier to follow if the piece moved to the end of the row, rounded the corner, then moved onward.

- X -
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    Very cool stuff. I like board games on my portable devices.

One bug: In "Ladders and Chutes" mode, the slide from 56 to 53 is not visible. (It's clearly visible in "Original" mode.)

One suggestion: If possible, make the pieces follow the board. Right now, if the move would take the player from one row to a higher row, the piece simply slides up to the new spot. It would be easier to follow if the piece moved to the end of the row, rounded the corner, then moved onward.

- X -
    will fix the missing ladder, and I've been thinking about moving the pieces from spot to spot rather then the way they move now, but I will wait to see what others think about it.

Thanks
    I agree. It would be pretty slick to seem them slide to the right spot.
    Very fun time waster. I agree with making the pieces move spot to spot. Is it possible to get a few pieces to choose from?
  14.    #14  
    I've already done the coding for the spot by spot move, will test it tommorow morning and update (its 12:46 AM here in NY).

I will also be adding more pices to choose from.

thanks and keep the ideas coming.

Abe
  15.    #15  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1.0.1: the player pices now move from spot to spot, as requested.
    I kind of like this since I always win but if your opponent rolls a six but at space number 4 there is a good slide just roll the die wherever you want the opponent or yourself stop. In this case after the dot moves four spots roll the die. Shhhhhhhhhh
    J
    Thanks Best Buy for the $99.00 Pre!
    www.TriadThinker.com
  17.    #17  
    @triadthinker
    which version are you using?
  18.    #18  
    update 1.0.2: fixed bug.
    I can't for the life of me get to the end of the game. My wife and I tested it out, but every time we got close, we would go down a shoot/snake. We tried it for 10 minutes or so.

It was quite funny.
  20.    #20  
    the average amount of dice rolls is supposedly 36.xx (according to wikipedia)

but it can go for much longer.

Abe

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_and_ladders

(the are many versions of this game with many ways to play, some versions have a 3x6 panelty which penalises a player who gets a 6 on the die 3 times by starting over. others have variations on the last boxes before 100.)

Eventually I hope to make a prefrences page which will have different backgrounds and different player pieces and rule selections.

I'm also thinking of having a zoom in view of the box the player is in or is moving over.
    Last edited by abegee; 10/21/2009 at 04:50 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast