Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tank Tracker allows you to keep track of the fuel efficiency of multiple vehicles. Just enter the date, odometer reading, how much fuel you purchased and how much you paid per gallon and Tank Tracker will show you several different statistics. It also provides charts of Mileage, Distance Driven and Fuel Costs over time. Keep track of the last time your oil was changed and the last time you filled up with high octane fuel with the new note system. The app also features import/export functionality so you can both add existing data to the application and email yourself a backup of the records you have on the phone.

The demo version of Tank Tracker will allow 8 tank entries for a single vehicle. The full version of v1.5 will be available from the app catalog pending approval by Palm.

New in 1.5
    • Chart for Distance Per Tank
    • Add a note to each tank
    • Add miscellaneous notes to keep track of maintenance and other items.
    • Track expense of maintenance items.
    • Option to enter cost as Price Per Volume or Price Per Tank
    • Unit preferences. Now you can choose litres or gallons and Kilometers and Miles and any combination. Conversions are done automatically
    • View history and charts that display Miles Per Gallon, Kilometers Per Litre or Litres Per 100 Kilometers
    • Updated help documentation.
    Last edited by evilcanadian; 11/09/2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Updated for v1.5
    I purchased the full Tank Tracker app. Some things need to be added.

*Button on 'Fillup History' screen to add a new full up. I can't figure out how to add a new fill up. Sometimes I get a blank fill up screen or one that has already been filled in.

*I would rather have to enter the 'Total Cost to Fill Up' instead of 'Cost per gallon' on the fillup details screen.

*What is that third icon on the bottom in the pictures? I don't have that one. I only have the list and the chart icon.
    yea, given any of the following 2, you should be able to figure out the third:
    total cost
    cost/gallon
    gallons bought
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    I purchased the full Tank Tracker app. Some things need to be added.

*Button on 'Fillup History' screen to add a new full up. I can't figure out how to add a new fill up. Sometimes I get a blank fill up screen or one that has already been filled in.

*I would rather have to enter the 'Total Cost to Fill Up' instead of 'Cost per gallon' on the fillup details screen.

*What is that third icon on the bottom in the pictures? I don't have that one. I only have the list and the chart icon.
    DarkEye: The third icon in the screen shot is from an earlier version of the app. It's where the save button used to be. I'll have to put a more recent shot on the app page.

As to your other points, I'll add those to the possible enhancements list. Having a button on the history screen to add a fillup would have the same effect as doing the back swipe gesture and I know Palm likes developers to use the gesture system for navigation whenever possible. Having the option to fill in either total cost or cost per gallon would probably make some people happy. I'll have to figure out an elegant way of working that into the UI.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I bought the app the other day and am working on converting my old TealAuto db to your format.

I echo the request to enter total cost. The advantage is that it matches up with expensed amounts. Relying on a gal*gal cost calculation can sometimes be off. I know it's only a penny or two, but I'm just that kind of person.

Also, could you work in a memo field somehow to store notes for each tank?
    Does it come in metric too? =D
  7.    #7  
    If your phone is set to Canadian English you should see litres and kilometers in the app. I don't yet have a way to mix the units that you use in the app though.
    Installed the app via filecoaster and preware and the program will not launch? Anyone having this issue??? Any suggestions on how I can get this to work??? Thanks.
    Thanks. Great App. I will be using this a lot since I travel 75% of the time for work.
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
  10.    #10  
    For those of you interested in metric units, would you also like the option to enter the occasional tank in gallons or would that largely be unused?
    Maybe an update to the full app to track oil and filter (oil, air and/or customizable label) changes with reminders.

I'm testing and may continue to use a premium oil (8K mi. between changes) so could there be an additional/optional field for just the filter change.

Under "Vehicle Management" could you make fields for "Make", "Model", "Year", "Engine" and "Other". Keep the vehicle "name" customizable as the name that is displayed.

Keep up the good work and thanks.
    Last edited by ElPhantasmo; 10/30/2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added stuff
    Tank Tracker Demo does not work for me either after I upgraded it. I get a placeholder screen that says, "This text verifies your application is running" followed by some smaller text on a white background.
  13.    #13  
    What did you upgrade from? Version 1.5 doesn't look like it's available yet either here or on the App Catalog?
  14.    #14  
    I just wanted to post a heads up to the folks that have downloaded the demo version of Tank Tracker 1.5 on the homebrew area here. Palm is currently reviewing the full version of 1.5 and has yet to release it, so the version you find on the app catalog currently is the older 1.0. I didn't think it would take quite as long as it has to get the 1.5 version out there so I released the demo here thinking the updated version would be available in the catalog "any day now".

Sorry for any confusion. Hopefully the update will indeed be available "any day now".

Could you make the maintenance notes monitored by a due date or by a custom entered distance from the current odometer reading? When the date or distance is reached for the note an alert, email or alarm would be activated.

This way I would not forget to change the oil, air filter or whatever.
    If you're having trouble importing data to this application its because the instructions are wrong.

TankTracker instructs you to save the data to be imported as 'text document' where the reasonable assumption is the file extension should be txt.

This however is not the case as the application recognizes neither txt's or doc's
    The fix: save the txt as a csv instead
    (http://forum.epicnorth.com/topic2-ca...t-to-work.aspx)

EvilCanadian, please address this issue: correct incorrect instructions and allow for importing via copy/paste for a far more convenient experience.
    Last edited by dk0r; 12/12/2009 at 07:12 PM.
  17.    #17  
    In version 1.0.4 of Tank Tracker it is necessary to name the file with a .csv extension in order for it to show up. That wasn't specified in the instructions. Sorry for any confusion.

I'd advise upgrading to version 1.5 though as it's just recently been released to the App Catalog and addresses a lot of issues and suggestions in addition to allowing the import of files ending with .txt and .csv.

Also, I'd like to point out that the best way to highlight a support issue, at least initially would be to get in touch via email. There's a button that lets you send an email to support@epicnorth.com directly from the app. I try to answer questions pretty quickly there and can't always answer questions posted in these forums as quickly as some might like.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcanadian View Post
    I'd advise upgrading to version 1.5...
    As suggested, I've upgraded to 1.5 however upon attempting to import the same csv/txt that successfully imported just yesterday via 1.0.4 I now receive the following error:

"3 lines appeared contained data."
    "3 records failed to import."

None of my managed vehicles are showing up either.

Please fix your paid app.
  19.    #19  
    Without seeing the import file it's very difficult to troubleshoot what might be happening. Do you think you could email the file to support@epicnorth.com so I can take a look and see what the issue is?

If possible, could you also send the db file from the tank tracker app on your phone? To get to the db file connect your pre to your computer as a USB device and navigate to the following path (on my computer my pre shows up as drive g):

G:\.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.epicnorth.tanktracker_0

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    Evil Canadian,

I've since Webdoctored to 1.3.5 and am running Tank Tracker 1.5.3

Upon multiple attempts/restarts/installations to import either csv or txt, Tank Tracker displays the dialogue:
    "Importing, please wait..." and sits there doing nothing

There are only five lines of data so it does not seem the import process should be too intensive..

I've emailed the csv, txt and db you requested to support@epicnorth.com

Please fix asap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast