Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    So I've got mytether on my pre... but when I look for the aonet i on the list of wireless networks it's not there... am I missing a step?
    Remember it's an ad-hoc network, so you may have to manually enter it.

Having said that, I also have never been able to get MyTether working with any devices (Mac Mini, iPod Touch, and 3 different laptops). I can never connect to it and / or find it.
    i have to change the network type on my Macs but then it connect flawlessly as a device
    I have 2 laptops, and for each, the mytether program worked fine the first time. I was able to enter in the aonet ssid and connect away. Subsequent tries have failed consistently, though..
    so how do I set up a manual ad-hoc network? What is up with all these incomplete instructions? Doing anything to this phone is confusing at first and it doesn't help that processes are scattered everywhere. I've been trying this mytether ***** for about 2 weeks. Is there any instructions(detailed) on how to hook this up from rooting to finding the correct network. I want to donate but ****** that if I cant understand how its installed and how to fix it. Dumb it down some. Everybody wasn't born hacking. And once again thanks for yalls hard work. Just ventin from frustration yall. Sorry

also, does mytether work on the everything data 450 plan from sprint?
    Last edited by bigkoont; 11/19/2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: additional question
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    so how do I set up a manual ad-hoc network? What is up with all these incomplete instructions? Doing anything to this phone is confusing at first and it doesn't help that processes are scattered everywhere. I've been trying this mytether ***** for about 2 weeks. Is there any instructions(detailed) on how to hook this up from rooting to finding the correct network. I want to donate but ****** that if I cant understand how its installed and how to fix it. Dumb it down some. Everybody wasn't born hacking. And once again thanks for yalls hard work. Just ventin from frustration yall. Sorry
    Try posting (and reading) in the relevant forum: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...fi-usb-bt.html
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    for what I know aonet for wifi is not working yet, only usb and bt mode are available for free and paid versions!