Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Super Sudoku Demo

    I am a fan of the game, and the other one did not give me the power to really be able to work through the complex puzzles.

    Thanks to all that participate in testing out this app!

    B

    Check it out here
    Last edited by boydell; 10/16/2009 at 05:14 PM.
  2. #2  
    At first glance I really like this game so far. Been waiting for a good sudoku game for awhile. At first glance I noticed one thing: When selecting a number there appears to be a picture of a pencil, which I assume is to switch to pencil mode?... I have tried to use this and it does not seem to work. If I hit the pencil then enter a number nothing happens... Other than that Awesome! Keep up the good work and Thanks!
  3. #3  
    Same here. Nothing happens.
  4. #4  
    Your sudoku is so much better than the "lite" version in Palm's App catalog. You should get it officially released before people settle on that other version!!

    Astraware has one of the most popular sudokus covering multiple systems. My favorite feature is the beep if wrong number selected. (This feature can be enabled or disabled). It is the best way to learn sudoku. It also can let you play a "quick" game. I am glad to see this feature in your release.

    If you are really ambitious, there are variations on sudokus from websudoku.com like the X which are really cool.
    Last edited by photoframd; 10/18/2009 at 10:43 AM.
  5. #5  
    I'm also excited to see a sudoku app that has the promise of allowing non-trivial puzzles by providing candidate penciling and coloring.

    ...but like others upthread, penciling isn't working too well for me. I can't seem to manually enter candidates at all. If I turn on "automatic candidates" in the preferences, the program fills them in for me (feels like cheating), but then I CAN edit what's there by popping up the number pad and hitting the pencil to shift modes.

    Suggestions:

    • Allow manual candidate entry
    • Make the number entry mode "sticky". It's too easy to accidentally assert you've solved a cell, when you intended to just enter a candidate digit.
    • Make the number pad translucent. When I'm entering candidates, I need to see the other cells to figure out what's a valid candidate.
    • It's great to have machine generated puzzles, but I'm addicted to the oh-so-devilishly-hand-crafted Super Fiendish puzzles in the London Times. So it'd be nice to have a manual puzzle entry mode (or better!) the ability to import puzzles from noteworthy online puzzle sources like the Times.
  6. #6  
    Oh, one other suggestion:

    • allow using the keyboard for penciling candidates or entering a cell solution.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm also excited to see a sudoku app that has the promise of allowing non-trivial puzzles by providing candidate penciling and coloring.

    ...but like others upthread, penciling isn't working too well for me. I can't seem to manually enter candidates at all. If I turn on "automatic candidates" in the preferences, the program fills them in for me (feels like cheating), but then I CAN edit what's there by popping up the number pad and hitting the pencil to shift modes.

    Suggestions:

    • Allow manual candidate entry
    • Make the number entry mode "sticky". It's too easy to accidentally assert you've solved a cell, when you intended to just enter a candidate digit.
    • Make the number pad translucent. When I'm entering candidates, I need to see the other cells to figure out what's a valid candidate.
    • It's great to have machine generated puzzles, but I'm addicted to the oh-so-devilishly-hand-crafted Super Fiendish puzzles in the London Times. So it'd be nice to have a manual puzzle entry mode (or better!) the ability to import puzzles from noteworthy online puzzle sources like the Times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Oh, one other suggestion:

    • allow using the keyboard for penciling candidates or entering a cell solution.
    Great feedback and suggestions. I have already implemented your first two.
  8. flare576's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #8  
    Just want to toss in some encouragement:

    Please ship this soon, I want to give you money so that you can use that money to make more awesome games with controls and finish that actually represent professional-grade games, unlike some other buggy and ugly games I could mention.

    Quick question, though: what does the color box under the "Undo" button do? I press it and it toggles, but I have no idea what I'm doing when I use it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Just want to toss in some encouragement:
    Quick question, though: what does the color box under the "Undo" button do? I press it and it toggles, but I have no idea what I'm doing when I use it.
    There's an advanced solution method called "coloring" where you explore possible solutions by coloring unknown cells in a chain of consequences based on a potential solution choice in a cell. I think this implements that. I don't use that method so I may be getting the details wrong, but that's what the button is presumably for.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    There's an advanced solution method called "coloring" where you explore possible solutions by coloring unknown cells in a chain of consequences based on a potential solution choice in a cell. I think this implements that. I don't use that method so I may be getting the details wrong, but that's what the button is presumably for.
    Yup. For more info go here (A little more than half-down. Look for "Solving with Colors"):
    Solving Sudoku
    or here (look for "2.4 Coloring"):
    Sudoku solving techniques, learn how to do Sudoku
    or here:
    SadMan Software: Sudoku Solving Techniques - Colouring
  11. #11  
    Please please please release this soon! This is one of the best sudoku apps I've used, and I need more than 1 set of games! Great job on it.

Posting Permissions