1.    #1  
    You may have noticed some stickied apps aren't here in the homebrew forum anymore - that's because we're offering developer subforums to developers who want them and who are committed to webOS.

Find them here

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-developer-forums/
  2.    #2  
    filecoaster, preware, tip calc, web os quick install - a lot of your favorites are in their own forums now. makes asking questions easier (you can start your own threads!)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Dieter, while I can see benefits to having sub forums for each developer, I don't like I now have to look through so many forums to see all of the cool apps being developed and check in on them. I liked having them all under one roof so to speak.

Any suggestions on how we can have the best of both worlds? I suppose one option might be browsing the home brew catalog and linking to the thread that discusses it, but that doesn't address the applications that are now in the official app catalog and have been taken out of the home brew catalog.

I find myself seldom going to developer specific sub forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    filecoaster, preware, tip calc, web os quick install - a lot of your favorites are in their own forums now. makes asking questions easier (you can start your own threads!)
    Yes, it is more organized that way, but I'm curious why the WebOS Quick Install thread was moved back to the homebrew section instead of leaving it under the the Canuck Software developer forum?

It seems that splitting it like that is more confusing.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I agree if WOSQI is going to be in the main homebrew forum, then all installers for homebrew should be in the main homebrew forum.
    It does make logical sense to have at least the Homebrew Installer apps in the homebrew forum.

But it also makes sense to have each actual App under the appropriate developer and not as a standalone in the main homebrew. This keeps the home brew Installers up and in good view, with the apps buried under each dev.

After all, without the installers, we can't load the apps anyway..regardless of who makes them.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    OK, here is a compromise. All home brew installers either not be stickied, or be in their own sub-forum. 1 Sticky note that lists all home brew installers with links directly to the thread for that home brew installer.

It is not right having 1 or some home brew installers in the main home brew thread, and the rest in their vendors sub forums.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    So are there more ways to access homebrew apps than through webos quickinstall now?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Hi. I am posting here because I am not sure where to post this. I loaded preware onto my phone. Once I click on the Preware icon I see "available packages" and "installed packages" options. I click on the "preware" drop-down menu and I click on the "install package" icon. It takes me to a page where I can click "browse" to find the package to install. It takes me to a page that says "select a file." There is a USB at the top, and then there are several files listed below. One of the files is 'virtual-keyboard." I click on this file and it takes me to "usb/virtual-keyborad/. However, I cannot click this file. How can I get the virtual-keyboard, or other files that are in the "installed packages" onto my phone? Any help would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.