Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remote Linux Client for the Palm Pre!

With RemoteLinux you can remotely control your desktop from the palm of your hand!

Remote control your Linux desktop VNC Style from your Palm Pre!

RemoteLinux consists of a Server application that you run on your desktop and a Palm Pre Application you run on your Palm Pre.

For a detailed guide on installation and usage please visit

The RemoteLinux Guide

Lite Version has limited features
    • View Linux Desktop
    • Mouse and Keyboard Support

Full Version available by donation at RemoteLinux Full Version | Deep Thought Software

Full version Features
    • Double Click Support
    • Right Click Support
    • Function key support
    • Scroll up / Scroll down hot keys
    • Multiple screen support
    • Free updates

Mac Version Coming soon!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    deb package would be helpful
  3.    #3  
    I will see about getting that
    Eeek! The server requires Mono and Java??? That really surprised me.

Is there any chance of you making a VNC client someday? That would be more useful for me, since then I could connect to any existing server.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    So I have the server up and running fine, but my problem is on the lite version of the Pre app. I run the app.. and get the yellow splash screen... and that's it. I'm never prompted for any server information or logon credentials or anything at all. I've poked and prodded and can't figure out what to do. Granted, I'm new to the Pre, but... what am I missing here?

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    So I have the server up and running fine, but my problem is on the lite version of the Pre app. I run the app.. and get the yellow splash screen... and that's it. I'm never prompted for any server information or logon credentials or anything at all. I've poked and prodded and can't figure out what to do. Granted, I'm new to the Pre, but... what am I missing here?

/Kevin
    I get the same thing
    +1 for the deb package. After extracting and setting the path in the sh file, i get nothing when i execute. Probably just too tired to keep trying, or too much dust on my juanty install. I'll try again later.
    i'm getting the yellow screen on client & also when i try to use
    Code:
    mono RemoteServerLinux.exe
    i get
    Code:
    The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
    It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll' directory.
    it don't even have a 1.0 folder just a 2.0 & 3.5 but it does have the dll it is looking for.
    I still can't even get the server deb downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I still can't even get the server deb downloaded
    There IS no .deb file for the server, is there? It's just a .tar.gz file that you extract and run.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    From what I can tell.

RemoteLinux client just sits at the yellow splash screen and nothing works. I suspected RemoteWin uses the same/similar protocol so I tried that next.

RemoteWin client will connect to the Mono Linux server and will display a few screens, let me move the mouse a little, and completely lock up.

Not very useful at this point, but I am glad someone is working on a remote solution for Linux!
    So the app doesn't work -- anyone with it working, please chime in -- and the dev is AWOL. Great.

Well, maybe it'll work someday, or something better will come along.

I'd really like to see an NX client for the Pre. Now that would be nice.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Eeek! The server requires Mono and Java??? That really surprised me.

Is there any chance of you making a VNC client someday? That would be more useful for me, since then I could connect to any existing server.
    Unfortunately, no one can make a straight Mojo VNC client as Palm does not current support this type of communication in their official API.

Either have to wait for the API to change or for someone to write a native/mojo hybrid app.
    Same here. Client screen just sits at yellow screen. Also get the dll path issue. App needs work. I'll check back later.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Sorry, I accidentally posted this twice...
    Last edited by brownkity; 10/20/2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Sorry, double post, so I'm deleting this one...
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I saw your remoteWinServer app and wanted to try it out before I donated to test drive. I have vista 32-bit, and it works on my phone, but when I try to set it up on my phone, I get an error
    Application Attempted to perform an Operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant the required permission, contact your system administrator (me), or use the microsoft .net framework configuration tool.
    if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Requested registry access is not allowed.

when I try your remoteLinux, it allows me to start the application on my computer, but not on the pre. there I get a splash of yellow/orange screen saying RemoteLinux, but that is all, no connection screen like I got for RemoteWinServer. I even tried it with all my firewalls down, and tried to fiddle around with my router settings. It did not work.
    Can you help me?

Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Encryption plx?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    Encryption plx?
    Heh, I'd just like the app to work at all.

/Kevin
    deepthoughtsoftware, I sent a donation and never got an email over a month ago for both windows and linux. I've tried to contact you over miltiple chnnels but have had no luck. If you could message me or something I'd apprecite it
    Quote Originally Posted by odingrey View Post
    deepthoughtsoftware, I sent a donation and never got an email over a month ago for both windows and linux. I've tried to contact you over miltiple chnnels but have had no luck. If you could message me or something I'd apprecite it
    I almost bumped this thread yesterday (I was going through all my thread subscriptions and deleting ones I don't want anymore) but I decided not to. Still, I'm glad you did.

I think the dev on this just went completely AWOL. No responses to anyone, their web site is totally out of date (no mention of this software at all on their main page, you have to do directly to it -- and there are no support forums for this either, just their other products), etc.

Sucks, because I really want this or something like it.

Hopefully the developer sees the error of their ways and comes back! But yes, so far the communication has been non-existent beyond that initial posting and maybe a response here and there. No response at all to the problems of the app not even running at all on the Pre.

/Kevin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast