Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Top Stocks

Real-time quotes, line charts, news stories and summaries on each company and index in the U.S. and abroad.

Top Stocks is now available for Android tablets and the Blackberry Playbook!

Android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vit.topstocks
    Playbook version: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...06050/?lang=en
    Discussion thread at CrackBerry.com: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-717826/

Here is a small review with screenshots:
    Top Stocks app for webOS

Homebrew will have the Lite version of Top Stocks, which is actually a full-featured evaluation version, but with a nag (no ads though).

Update: Both Top Stocks and Top Stocks Lite are now available in the App Catalog!
    Last edited by vitalyx; 05/05/2012 at 05:31 AM.
    how is it different than the free one that is currently there?
    Off the top of my head, the current one does not have RT quotes or charts. I welcome your app Vitalyx.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks emkman! It has no ads, it gives you a more detailed summary on a compandy/index, it shows charts for various time periods. And I'm not sure if Express Stocks has these features, but Top Stocks allows you to set auto-update period (default is 10 seconds) and you can read news from multitude of financial feeds like U.S. Markets, Earnings, Upgrades & Downgrades, etc.

I welcome your ideas as well!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Look forward to trying it out.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Looks to be a pretty nice app. Nice work vitalyx. Nice real time info.
    It needs to be able to handle sub penny stocks (0.001 to 0.0001). When I put a sub penny into the watch list (LLBO) the Open/High/Low does not display properly. The charts seem to display properly.

Can it have more time periods in the charts (3d, 15d, 3M)?

When is it hitting the App Catalog? I will be buying it.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    DarkEye,

Don't know, sorry. Palm is having troubles pushing apps out. I've submitted mine on September 17, so hopefully soon.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll see what can be done.
    Finially, i've been waiting for a better Stock app than the express stocks and I think i've found it. I'm always going on Goole finance and looking at my stocks which can be a pain in the ****. So far I like what i've seen. I'll be playing with this application in the coming days and will be reporting back to you. Thank you so much

Def a buy when it hits!
    Last edited by slimjim1219; 10/12/2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    It needs to be able to handle sub penny stocks (0.001 to 0.0001). When I put a sub penny into the watch list (LLBO) the Open/High/Low does not display properly. The charts seem to display properly.

Can it have more time periods in the charts (3d, 15d, 3M)?

When is it hitting the App Catalog? I will be buying it.
    Love penny stocks

Bring me a few extra hundred bucks a month . Risky but the outcome is almost always a + if played right throughout the day. I play them closely at around high noon.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    speaking as an active trader this is definitely a good app. Will be buying this app as well. Nice work on the app.
    Thanks for a nice looking app.

Is this genuine real time? I have seen quote programs which pull from Yahoo saying they are real time, but Yahoo is on a 15 minute delay so they are not. Can you confirm your source of the quotes?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    It is genuine real-time for NYSE and NASDAQ traded stocks. Google, FTW!
    Very nice app!
    Great job vitalyx
    Very nice app. Any plays to add portofolio tab to watch only what you own? Thanks.
    It is a so far the best stock application for Palm Pre, thanks! I really like all the available features with it, and also expect more, such as Yahoo's Most Active, My Portfolios, and stock symbol look-up, etc.
    Excellent work so far. Add after-hours prices and ability to input more info from my own portfolio, and I'm sold.
    candlesticks charting is very much needed will that be added to your app
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for excellent feedback so far!

I can add integration with Google Portfolio. Or custom implement it. I don't think Yahoo Finance provides portfolio API. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
    After-hours and pre-market prices are already there.
    Stock symbol lookup will be added in the next version
    I have yet to find a source of candlestick charts, considering finviz.com right now. They are 15-20min delayed normally, and real-time if you have a premium account.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    I welcome your ideas as well!
    some things i like to do with stock apps that i do for google and yahoo finance

custom portfolios. i have one for my ira with transactions in there then i can see the percetange and dollar amount i'm up each day. i have several custom portfolios, others i've formed and name by sector, so energy, shippers, tech, chip sector, finance, dividends etc.

some customizability in portfolio stats shown is nice too. For example, my tech sector is there kinda to see how rim, palm, and apple, and google and a few others move reletive to each other. but in the dividend portfolio i want to know how they relate to each other by dividend yield not by price. so customizability is in a specific stat column other then price is nice. personally i use both yahoo and google. yahoo is nice cause it seperates individual transactions bought at different prices so i can guage the profitability of each trade. Google crams them all together regardless of what price you buy at. i like how yahoo does it. But i use google cause it's ***** proof to make groups of stock to into portfolios just to track sectors and get a bigger picture of how they are moving over time. that's my too cents.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast