Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Vitalyx, There is still a problem with the latest update as of 9PM (PST). Any ideas what the problem is?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Yes, the problem has been fixed and update has been submitted for review. I also asked to give it a priority. I hope it will be published Tuesday.

The app stopped working for those of you who had markets, news or portfolios tab opened before upgrading. Those who were on the watchlist tab are OK.

If you can't wait, please uninstall Top Stocks and download it again. You'll lose your watchlist, but not portfolios.

Otherwise, please wait for update to be published by Palm. This way you won't lose any data.

Thanks,
    Vitaly
    Last edited by vitalyx; 02/09/2010 at 03:09 AM.
    Vitaly,

I tried removing and reinstalling the program before I posted my comments. I had no luck. Maybe others are more fortunate.

I will just wait for Palm to update.

Thanks for your speedy responses.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm sorry to hear reinstalling didn't work. I think, this means that the database hasn't been deleted during uninstall. The good thing -- you probably haven't lost your watchlist.

Palm's offices in Sunnyvale just opened. I hope it won't be long before the update is published.

Thank you for your patience!
    Thanks Vitaly,
    I was able to download the update this morning and I'm back in business.

I bought your program, use it A LOT and love it. Great job coding this.
    The only thing I have NOT been able to figure out how to do is to see BOND indexes either under a WatchList entry or under the Markets tab.

For example, the 30-Year Treasury Index is normally TYX but I can't get that displayed anywhere. Can you give me some guidance on this please. Much appreciated and continued success with your great application!

Tom
    Last edited by opietom; 02/09/2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks! There's no bond coverage at this time. Bond ETFs are supported however.
    Thanks for the heads up. Are you considering adding Bond index choices in any future release of your product? I'd be willing to help fund the development effort if needed.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Top Stocks uses Google Finance as its data source. You can suggest adding support for bonds here: Suggest a feature for Google Finance - Google Finance Help
    Once bonds are covered by GF, they'll be immediately available in Top Stocks too.

It's possible to use another data source for bonds, but I don't want to bring inconsistencies to the app.
    Excellent. I will help push the Google folks along
    I appreciate you taking the time to reply to these posts. Good support is a treat.
    Vitaly,

The update never did appear in the Palm App Catalog, but this morning I was able to successfuly remove and reinstall the program. Top Stocks is back and I'm a happy camper.

Thanks,
    Bruce99
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Yes, update's status is still "being reviewed", unfortunately. Glad you made the app work anyway.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Good news, the update has been published!
    Thanks, vitalyx. The update works perfectly for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    That's a terrific idea! And it's easy to implement. Thanks!
    EDIT: done, next version will have this feature
    vitalyx: If I recall correctly, when the "Show in Google Finance" feature was first implemented, it would take me right to my portfolio page in Google Finance. Now, it takes me to the main Google Finance page (google.com/finance), requiring a click through to the specific portfolio. Am I correct that this has changed, and more importantly is there any way to have it take you right to the portfolio page rather than the Google Finance main page?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No, this behavior hasn't changed. This option is context sensitive. The app takes you to the portfolio's page if you choose "Show in Google Finance" when you have that specific portfolio open (positions are shown). When portfolios are shown, the app will take you to the main page of Google Finance. And when transactions are shown, it will take you to the "Edit transactions" page for that portfolio.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    No, this behavior hasn't changed. This option is context sensitive. The app takes you to the portfolio's page if you choose "Show in Google Finance" when you have that specific portfolio open (positions are shown). When portfolios are shown, the app will take you to the main page of Google Finance. And when transactions are shown, it will take you to the "Edit transactions" page for that portfolio.
    Ah, ok, my mistake, I see that now. Makes perfect sense the way you have it set up. The only other question I have is whether there is a mobile version of the Google Finance portfolio page that you can link to. I've done a quick search and have been unable to find such a version, despite the fact that Google seems to have mobile versions of most of their other subsites. The regular version works ok but does require quite a bit of zooming on the Pre in order to be legible.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    It looks like Google Finance has no mobile version. You can suggest this feature here:
    Suggest a feature for Google Finance - Google Finance Help
    I just did. Hopefully, Google will listen
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Why am I having trouble re-loging into google?
    Everytime I launch the app I need to relogin - why?

Thanks,
    Chuckf201
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Could be corrupted installation or upgrade issue. Please try re-installing the app.
    This should fix the problem.
    Still not available in the UK? We have paid apps now!