Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sorry about that. Looks like I stopped receiving notifications from the forum for some reason, but finally got one today.
    Not to worry, the application is still supported, and I'm responding to emails regularly. From now on I will check the forum whether I get notifications or not.

You see that error because condition is indeed already met. What you want to do is to set "change %" "at or below" "-10.00".

Thanks, illini71. Yes it is based off of that.

kkumar99, can't confirm. Like you said, more feedback is needed.
    Vitalyx, great app. Couple of questions re non-US stocks:
    (1) Markets tab: how can one add other markets / indices to the Markets tab? I'd like for instance to add Germany/DAX or Australia/ASX.
    (2) Portfolios tab: Is it possible to manage portfolios directly in the app instead of using Google Finance? If not, do you plan to add this feature?
    (3) Watchlist tab: I'd like to add foreign stocks to my watchlist, and the symbology is not clear to me. For instance to add German stocks, is there a way to use ISIN and exchange identifiers, or WKN numbers? What would be the syntax for that? Can you tell what market data feed you are using (e.g. Reuters, IDC, or by grabbing the data from web site such as Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Forbes, ..?), perhaps their symbology can be used to tackle the foreign stocks?
    (4) I guess the real-time data is using Nasdaq Last Sale or BATS, so I don't expect RT for non-US stocks. However re non-US stocks in general, do you cover all markets, or just certain markets with delayed or historical data?

Again, this is a very cool app, I am very impressed, and for US stocks it does nearly everything I wish for. Would be great if those same capabilities were available for non-US stocks.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks! Glad you enjoy the app.

1. These are not supported, unfortunately.
    2. Portfolios are read-only from the app. This is the first such request, so I can't tell at this moment. You can still use the phone's browser to access Google Finance to manage portfolios.
    3. Do you use the full version? With the stock lookup feature, there is no need to know the symbol. Please use Google Finance to look it up if you have the Lite version, as that is used as a data source.
    4. Yes, real-time quotes are for NASDAQ and NYSE traded stocks only. Many exchanges are covered, but not all of them. For example IDX is not.
    Re 3 yes I have the full version, just bought it today. How does the look-up-feature work? All I see in the watchlist screen is the Plus-symbol, which lets me add symbols. I didn't see any kind of lookup button.

Thanks,
    Morad
    mea culpa, just discovered the lookup, simply typing a stock name opens up a search. Cool stuff.

Re Markets Tab, would be great if a future version would let the user select the indices to display, e.g. add additional ones and remove those that are not interesting.

Re Portfolios, syncing with Google Finance is fine; perhaps adding Yahoo Finance would also be great, but it's all nice-to-have. I was just wondering.

Thanks again for the quick responses, and keep up the good work.

Morad
    Hi vitalyx, thanks for the great app. Is it capable of adding Hong Kong stocks in the watch list? Generally the HK stocks codes are e.g. 0005.HK

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    kenysc,

Yes, it can. But please note that there is a 15min delay for Hong Kong Stock Exchange traded stocks.

EDIT:
    For example, use HKG:0349 as a ticker symbol for Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Or, if you have the full version of Top Stocks, take advantage of the stock lookup feature.
    I want to buy the full version but can't as I am on Europe
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I live in Western Russia myself and don't even have the device yet, so I understand all you European users out there very well!

Unfortunately, right now there is no way to purchase the full version other than through the App Catalog. While it's possible to setup a custom system, it's additional work and time and complexity. But I think I have enough requests now to at least research this soon after the New Year. Thank you all for your interest!
    Just downloaded the trial ("lite") version of this program and I guess this version does not integrate with Google, right? So here's a question before I buy the full version without testing out the Google Portfolio integration feature, which for me would be the main reason to use the program. I see on the YouTube demo that the daily portfolo change is shown on a dollar or absolute basis but not on a percentage basis (although the overall portfolio performance is shown on both a dollar and percentage change basis). Since the daily percentage change is a feature that is available when viewing my portfolio on Google, is this a feature that has been added to Top Stocks since the YouTube demo was made, or if not might this be something that could be added in the future? Really like the looks of this app and hope that this is a feature that could be easily added if it's not there already.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    The only problem I see is finding screen space for that. If you and other users don't mind I'd rather replace portfolio's absolute daily change with percentage one, than trying to find room for percentage change as well. What do you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    The only problem I see is finding screen space for that. If you and other users don't mind I'd rather replace portfolio's absolute daily change with percentage one, than trying to find room for percentage change as well. What do you say?
    Speaking only for myself, I find it much more relevant to compare my performance on a percentage basis to a particular index rather than knowing in dollar terms what I've gained or lost. But others may of course feel differently so hopefully they will chime in. (By the way, it's probably not good for any of us to be doing this on a daily basis anyway, but that's a whole different discussion.) With your space concerns in mind, would there be a way to have a clickable link from within the app that would launch the browser and take you directly to the Google Portfolio page where you could then view whatever portfolio info that Google offers? I'm not a developer so I realize this may be impossible but if feasible this might be a fair compromise. In any event, thanks for your responsiveness on this.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    That's a terrific idea! And it's easy to implement. Thanks!
    EDIT: done, next version will have this feature
    Last edited by vitalyx; 01/03/2010 at 01:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    A few people were asking for integration with their brokerage. This wasn't on the ToDo list, but fortunately there is now a free MarketSimplified app in the catalog. It allows you to manage your TD Ameritrade account and could supplement Top Stocks well for those of you who have TD Ameritrade as their broker.
    That's a terrific idea! And it's easy to implement. Thanks!
    EDIT: done, next version will have this feature
    Thanks again for this change. I've gone ahead and purchased the app and look forward to your updates. I also look forward to others weighing in on the idea of changing the day's performance calculation from a dollar amount to a percentage.
    Top Stocks

Real-time quotes, line charts, news stories and summaries on each company and index in the U.S. and abroad.

Here is a small review with screenshots:
    Top Stocks app for webOS

Homebrew will have the Lite version of Top Stocks, which is actually a full-featured evaluation version, but with a nag (no ads though).

Update: Both Top Stocks and Top Stocks Lite are now available in the App Catalog!
    Here is a problem I am experiencing. Please let me know if this is a known issue and if yes, is there a fix coming soon. Thanks.

I have about 100 stocks in a portfolio that I imported from Google. When I check these stock tickers in the TopStock watchlist, I see that only part of the stocks (may be half; don't know the exact count) get updated for the day. The bottom stocks still show prices from the day before or older. If I click on the ticker and then refresh it, it updates the info for that ticker only.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    That is expected behavior which has also been explained earlier in this thread. As changelog for the latest version says:
    "fixed an issue where a large watchlist (100+ items) failed to update; updates now work for larger watchlists, but only the first 100 items get updated".
    Still, as you noticed, you can update quotes for those extra items individually.
    A few people were asking for integration with their brokerage. This wasn't on the ToDo list, but fortunately there is now a free MarketSimplified app in the catalog. It allows you to manage your TD Ameritrade account and could supplement Top Stocks well for those of you who have TD Ameritrade as their broker.
    Hello Vital, hope you are doing fine. Sorry, I was not able to come here to check all the features.

This is a very good idea and if you could integrate with TD Ameritrade, then penny stocks will have the real time quotes. I would like to see this soon.
    Vital, I have a suggestion. On watch list, we have the option to sort the order of display. Is there a way you could list only when there are changes. for example, if you have 100 stocks on watch list, and only couple of them changed, it will be easy for check the changes. What do you think?
    Vital, I don't see the option to check the chart alone without adding them to the watch list. How do I do that?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast