Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Sammyc53,

Looks like there is currently no API method for determining amount of cash in a portfolio. Google is committed to update the API, although they are not saying when.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Just submitted Top Stocks 1.6 and Top Stocks Lite 1.0.2 for review for both Palm Pre and Palm Pixi

EDIT: Top Stocks Lite 1.0.2 is now in the Homebrew catalog
    Last edited by vitalyx; 11/16/2009 at 08:17 AM.
    Wonder why when I downloaded Top Stocks Lite I got the message "Unauthorized call to open an IPK" whatever that is.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Hmm... don't know. Top Stocks Lite 1.0.2 was approved by Palm, so it's supposed to be OK. Homebrew catalog has the very same version.
    I also couldn't get Top Stocks Lite to download from the App catalog. I've tried several times throughout the day - every time I got an error (flashes too fast to see) and then the download bar says "Download again for free". I finally just installed it from Preware tonight. It installed fine from Preware - no issues.

I've installed a few other apps today (paid and free) from the catalog without any problems, so I don't believe it is a problem with my Pre. I'm just glad there was an alternative way to get the app so I can check it out and see if I like it. You may want to check into the issue with the App Catalog though, because not everyone uses Preware or even knows it exists.

The few minutes I took to look at the app so far, it looks great. I look forward to playing with it the next few days.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    OK, I will contact Palm. Thank you guys for reporting this.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Just uploaded a video of the upcoming new release of Top Stocks: YouTube - Top Stocks app for Palm webOS
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    jkleco, az.tracy

Top Stocks Lite had the same AppID in both App Catalog and Homebrew catalog. So anyone who has a Homebrew version on their device and attempts to download the app from the App Catalog will not be able to install it. I apologize for the trouble. Homebrew version now has a different AppID.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    jkleco, az.tracy

Top Stocks Lite had the same AppID in both App Catalog and Homebrew catalog. So anyone who has a Homebrew version on their device and attempts to download the app from the App Catalog will not be able to install it. I apologize for the trouble. Homebrew version now has a different AppID.
    I didn't have the homebrew app installed when I tried to install from the app catalog. I didn't use the homebrew until the App Store kept erroring out. So I don't think that was the issue - although it may have been for others.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I see. Just forwarded this to Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    I see. Just forwarded this to Palm.
    vitalyx-

Just for kicks I just tried to download lite from the App store again. I have the homebrew version removed because I already upgraded to the paid app. It still causes the same problem. I tried to wath as closely as I could to see what error said. What I see is it downloading for awhile then it flashes "tap to launch" and almost immediately changes to "download again for free".

Love the app. Can't wait to have more time to really dig into its functionality.
    Bought the app today, signed in to my google account, but no data shows upon update?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    jjsdfs,

Do you have your portfolios set up?
    Portfolios - Google Finance
    Could you check how does this test account work for you?
    username: support at topstocksapp dot com
    password: topstocks
    Last edited by vitalyx; 11/24/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    I selected this app (among other reasons) after seeing how responsive you were to questions...and you came thru again.. thanks.
    Yes, i have had an account with 10+ stocks ( hmm does it matter I have no $ amounts, just stocks?).

And the test account worked fine.
    ???
    My face is red! I neglected to click on the "My Portfolio" display line assuming it was a generic item.
    Once I tried that, my google portfolio was shown. I had thought I would get a display similar to the watch list but I guess I'll need to enter shares etc before things like current price etc show.
    you're a gem, Thanks for bearing with me!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No problem Dollar amounts come from transactions, so just edit or add those.
    Great app! I really like the sync with Google Portfolios (which I was already using). One request though...when you look at the stocks in your portfolio, it shows your total gain/loss based on the cost basis you put in to Google. I would prefer (and maybe others would as well) to see the day's gain/loss instead.
    I'm getting an error tonight trying to get 1.6.1 downloaded. It keeps giving me App Catalog unavailable. I assume it's just an issue on the server after the new version got pushed out.

Edit: It ended up working later that night, but never updated my post.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 12/01/2009 at 07:34 PM.
    Very good app and good work. Do you have any sms options available with your app. I want to get the text alert when the stock price drops at certain percentage on a daily basis. AMTD and Zecco offer this feature but they don't allow me to set the percentage.. They have something like 5%, 10 %, 20% but I like bounce play and I want to get notified when the stock price drops to 50% or above.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks! Version 1.7 is almost ready and will have the alerts feature. I think I can implement your suggestion before releasing it.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast