Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Alright, just finished working on the new version and am pretty excited about it. And although it's still day in Sunnyvale, it's already Tuesday where I live, so I'm going to submit the update tomorrow... PDT tomorrow that is. Will also report what's new and post some screenshots as well.

-- Vitaly
    Have you considered some kind of "sleep mode" so that I could set it to stop updating when the US markets are closed, for example?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    After a rigorous testing (should be rock stable) the app is now submitted.
    Some new fun screenshots with test data:

_______

Tip: since Top Stocks now integrates with Google Finance and the latter allows you to import CSV and OFX files, you've got yourself a way to import stocks into the watchlist.

jhoff80, Yes, but it's been a low priority compared to other things.
    Sweet!!!!!!!!

Can't wait! Keep up the great work! How long did the first approval take?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Don't ask. But if everything's OK, I expect it to be 7-10 days this time. Maybe less, if they streamlined their routine.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    There was a small problem with update, so it may be delayed. But there are good news too. To compensate the extra waiting time, I've added many sorting options to the program:

____

I just want to say that I never saw such great application for stocks than this one.

Unfortunately my broker doesn't offer WebOS platforms. Only WinMo and Symbian.

I'm glad that I found the mother of all sock apps.
    I will write an article in my blog about it.

Keep up the good work!

Suggestions: Not a big thing but something to consider in the future: Languages versions. I know that English has been the common language for stocks applications but once that everything is settle down, think to reach more people overseas, where WebOS products are deployed. "Always Think Big"
    Pedro

"Maybe The 1st Portuguese Citizen with a Palm Pre"
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Peterlisbon,

Thanks! I do my best to justify the name and am very glad you think it comes out well.
    Thumbs up for the blog entry

I was thinking about internationalization from the start, but it wasn't a priority since e-commerce is still supported in US only. It won't be hard to add support for more languages in the future, I only have to find translators. Preferably, native speaking volunteers
    This app look fantastic! Just what I've been looking for!

Unfortunately my Pre is on Bell, and no paid App Catalog yet
    using the trial app now and love it but...one of the biggest needs that I use cnbc.com for now is extended hours quotes for the major indices. Is this in the paid app or are there plans for it to be? And a way to see all 3 major indices after hours quotes in one spot would be preferred (rather than having to click on each index). Thanks and great app...will buy once these features are there!
    I see Top Stocks 1.5 is now in the App Catalog. Is Top Stocks Lite going to be updated with 1.5 features so I can decide if I want to buy or not?
    If it helps, from the "New in this Version" screen it displays:

Symbol Lookup
    Integration with Google Finance Portfolios (Read-Only)
    Mini charts for indices/ watch lists
    Price color reflects most recent trend.
    New help content
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I see Top Stocks 1.5 is now in the App Catalog.
    Looks like Palm fixed that little problem I mentioned for me, so I didn't have to resubmit the app with required changes and watch list sorting options.
    These will be added in the next version then.

Top Stocks Lite will be updated to v1.0.2 and will include the description and screenshots of all the extra features in Top Stocks.

mikeh20, I don't think I have access to this data, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    mikeh20, I don't think I have access to this data, sorry.

Here are the links and info to cnbc, cnn, and bloomberg for thier after hours indicies quotes, the technical term being "market futures."

Not sure if this will help but here is what i found from cnbc...

DOW Futures: Financial Fut DJ MINI($5) Front,
    Ticker = US@YM.1 :Chicago

S&P: S&P 500 IDX
    Ticke r= US@SP.1 :KRF - US

Nasdaq: CME Index & Options Market Fut NASD
    Ticker = US@ND.1 :Chicago

Pre-Market Data, Stock Market Quotes, Fair Value, Futures, Volatility Index, World Markets Information - CNBC.com
    Pre-Market: Stock Trading Before the Markets Open from CNNMoney.com
    Bloomberg.com: Futures
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    mikeh20,

Thanks for the links. But as I said, I don't have access to this data. It's not that simple.
    I don't think I've been able to get symbol lookup to work properly. Typing in a company name is supposed to auto-suggest, right? I don't see anything coming up when I do that.
    Great work on the latest update! Much appreciated!
    (However, you are making me spend tonight importing all my portfolios from MorningStar into Google Finance
    It's been a while since I tested Google Finance; it was lacking too many features at launch for me to stick with it. It still might be. At least they now include a cash holding, splits and dividends. (However, Dividends still cannot be re-invested, only treated as cash)

Just some kind feedback:

It would be nice to include cash holdings into the view. The portfolio balance sum does include the cash+holding value, but cash is not included in the detail view. You would have to do the math in your head to see how much cash you had).

You are headed in the right direction, and have already done a great job!

THANK YOU!
    AHHH! Seriously, the lack of Dividend Reinvestment is really going to be a road block to me using Google Finance!

I just looked in the Google Blog, and they JUST added functionality for Dividends>Cash in Sept09 - and MANY people were ****ed because they didn't give an opt-out for users. Many people had their portfolios seriously messed up. They gave in and finally added an opt-out, but still no support for div. reinvestments. Seriously Google, your portfolio offering has been out for ages - get with it.

Rant over. Thanks
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    jhoff80,

Right. Are you doing this in the watchlist? You should see something like this:

Sammyc53,

Thanks! Yes, Google was somewhat slow in addressing these issues, but at least they are listening. Hope we'll get the desired improvements soon.
    You may try suggesting a feature to speed up the progress I did.
    Suggest a feature for Google Finance - Google Finance Help
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
    jhoff80,

Right. Are you doing this in the watchlist? You should see something like this:
    Oops, I was doing it in the add symbols list.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast